Re-recruiting for Savage World Rifts game...

Shayuri

First Post
Mmm. I guess it's a GM call if AB Superhero can power magic items, but I believe it's not rules as intended. Tech-wizard stuff requires either PPE (AB Magic) or ISP (AB Psionics) to power, I believe.

Not trying to shoot you down, just cautioning you.

Nevertheless, that's a solid set of cybernetics!

tglassy

Adventurer
The Savage Rifts rulebook only says that all arcane backgrounds are available, and says if you have an item like this, you have to have access to power points to power it. It never actually mentions anything regarding the Superhero arcane background, except to say that "All arcane backgrounds are available". And since it grants PP, and since Magic PP and Psionic PP are interchangeable, there shouldn't be a conflict.

But like I said, if I can't do it, then I'll just switch Arcane Background for Filthy Rich, and pick up some extra armor and such.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, here's what I got so far. I'll make the required changes if the Superhero background doesn't work out right. This is before any additional experience that may or may not be coming.

Cybernetic Techno-Warrior

Charisma 0
Pace 6" (12yrds)
Parry 2
Toughness 7 (+7 from Combat Mage Armor)
Bennies: 3/3

Agility: d12
Smarts: d6
Spirit: d8
Strength: d6 (from Combat Mage Armor)
Vigor: d8

Advances:
Increase Agility by 1 die
Upgrade (Targeting Eye)
Edge: Rich
Increase Vigor by 1 die

Skills
Pilot: d10 (Started at d6)
Shooting: d10 +2
Guts: d6
Notice d6 +2 (D12+3, with Subject Matter Expert Port)
Survival: d6
Tracking: d6

Edges
Arcane Background: Superhero (From Human)
Upgradable (From Cybernetic Techno-Warrior)
Upgrade: Reinforced Frame (From Hindrance)
Upgrade: Targeting Eye (From Advance)
Increase Spirit by 1 die (from Hindrance)
Rich (From Advance)

Powers
Clairvoyance

Hinderances
Heroic
Loyal
Enemy (up to DM)

STARTING GEAR
SFD Huntsman Lightweight Personal Armor
Wilk’s 237 Laser Pistol
Wilk’s 447 Laser Rifle
Vibro-Sword
NG-S2 Survival
Pack, 5200 credits.
Magic Optics
2 TK Revolvers
Waveboard
Combat Mage Armor (TW)

Fortune and Glory Rolls:
A Mighty Weapon: TK Revolver
A Mighty Weapon: TK Revolver or Trademark Weapon
A Way to Get Around: Waveboard

Cybernetics: 12/12 strain (6 strain from stats, +6 for Upgradable)
• Internal Life Support – 2 (Immune to suffocation, toxins and disease. Gain +4 to resist effects of radiation, intense environmental temps, and other dangerous environmental effects. Only needs 1/5 of nutrition of fully organic person)
• Nano Repair System - 2 (One wound healed per day, and gain +4 to resist Bleeding Out.)
• Cyber-Wired Reflexes – 1 (Increase Agility by 1 die)
• Core Electronics Package – 1 (Implanted mini-computer, computer interface jack for direct linking to other systems, which grants a +4 to appropriate repair checks and Common Knowledge rolls, a radio with a 20 mile range)
• Optics Package - 1 (+2 to all sight based Notice checks, thermal imaging and night vision, 50x magnification for distance, 20x macro lens for up close detail, glare filters that give +2 checks to avoid blinding flashes and related light burst effects, and can record still or moving images and store them for later viewing.
• Range Data Systems – 1 (Offset 2 points of penalties for Shooting)
• Targeting eye – 1 (+2 to all Shooting rolls for weapons that have been calibrated)
• Reinforced Frame – 1 (+2 Toughness)
• Wired Skill Ports – 1
• Subject Matter Expert Port – 1 (Can change out 1 skill package. Currently has a Four Step Notice package.)

Hook: Should Old Acquaintances. The hero had a brief relationship with a woman. A child was the result. He found out ten months later, finding the woman with the baby. She was dying. He went to the Legion to provide a better life for his child than he had previously led.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Magic pp and Psionic pp aren't exactly interchangeable in Rifts. They're two different things, even if they are related.

That said, definitely a GM call.

GreenKarl

First Post
hmm interesting ideas; so lets break it down...

So yes i would allow AB: Superpower. You choice PPE or ISP to power it but yes you have a huge penalty to using it. If you want it just too power TW items its cool.
Note that you cant choice TW weapons or gear with Heroic Journey except with rolls on the Enchanted items and mythic gadgets.
I was thinking that new characters would get +5XP so a MARS would start with 25 total

i need to read over everything to make sure about the rest

tglassy

Adventurer
I did just want it to power tw items. That's why I picked superpower. More PowerPoints, fewer powers he won't be using.

Just tell me what needs to change. I really want a Tk revolver, and can switch out some stuff to get one.

Could I reroll one of the 1s I got on the Fortune and Glory table?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
As for getting a TW Revolver, I could cheese it a little. I can trade two rolls on the Fortune and Glory table to select one in particular. I would trade my two 1's for a 20, which gives me either a choice of any of them, or two rolls on the Hero's Journey tables. I'd take two Enchanted Item and Mythical Gadgets.

In which these would be my rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Optic glasses again. And an IceBlast shotgun. Now, I can trade both of those for one of my choice. I have little use for the goggles, so it's really a choice between the shotgun or the TK revolver. I'd really, really like that revolver. So I think, if it's allowed, I'll trade those two rolls I just made for number 14-15, a TK Revolver.

The only question would be regarding the Wingbaord, and whether I can have that instead of another vehicle from my "A Way to Get Around" roll. If not, I'll take a Nuclear Engine NG-357 Magnum-Turbo Hovercycle. It does say I can take any vehicle of my choice. That one is worth 1.3 million credits. I could always sell it, get a Wingboard, and have money left over...

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Didn't you take Rich? A TW Revolver is only 10,000cr. Im pretty sure you can afford that...

But thinking about it Im not opposed to you getting them from the Fortune & Glory tables including the Wingboard

Last edited:

Remove ads