Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just FYI, Marius took 10 damage from explosion and failed last two saves against negative energy and is currently at 7/22 hp

He retreated a step and is no longer flanking with anyone and will move further back and throw shuriken this round if the beast survives that long.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Close call, I'd say!

We're ending the prologue right now. Are you guys enjoying it? Do you all want to go on with the story? If that's the case, I intend to do something quite open-ended and character-driven. Of course, if you guys want to do anything else, please, let me know, ok?

I'll go back to my usual post routine (48 hours) from now on. Thanks for the patience. These days have been a bit harsh, so to speak, but now it's all back to normal!

Thanks again!

Jago

Explorer
Good to have you back, AB!

Well, I'm definitely enjoying things as it were and am eager to see what's next. Looks like the party works well together and hey, we even all survived our first major fight!

Though we should probably get Marius healed.

Neurotic

Marius will just eat some magic fruit :p

Good fight in which we didn't give him time or space to bring heavy artillery. Hits by the armor are unpleasant, but avoidable and low. Hit with greatsword, with great strenght behind it...Those 13 damage from the start for example. If that hit, Marius would have retreated immediately.

I think we would do worse against greater number of lesser opponents. Focus fire is always the bane of solo bosses.

Anyhow, good fight! We had time to prepare and executed everything perfectiy (even that explosion hit wasn't terrible - half hit points only :( )
Yes, we continue!

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
You guys are getting extra xp for that. It was very well planned!

As for a bunch of lesser enemies... I tend to be careful with them. My brother used to do the "low level army" a lot in his stories, just to piss the group off. Mission accomplished. Every - single - time. :)

And it wasn't a ten-kobold-bunch. It was a forty-gnoll-troop. With bows. And lances.

Although I must admit it was pretty wild to be the last bunch standing over a pile of furry corpses. :p

Last edited:

Neurotic

Like this?

I only meant that we have no healer or dedicated tank so long protracted fights could be the death of us. Marius will up his AC some more eventualy, but for now we're vulnerable.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Yup! Minus the 'sexy shoeless god of war' thing, hahahaha!

Yeah, I got the spirit of your obs. It just reminded me of those damn gnolls lol

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

Jago

Explorer
I only meant that we have no healer or dedicated tank so long protracted fights could be the death of us. Marius will up his AC some more eventualy, but for now we're vulnerable.

Oh I am so treating this Party that every fight is 100% "Kill Them before They Kill Us" as our grand strategy. We can't really afford to draw anything out, so doing as we did and setting things up, being proactive, this'll work nicely.

Although I must say that was my first time with a Crit as a Gunslinger and holy freaking gods do I now understand why GMs hate these guys ._.

Archon Basileus

First Post
“Although I must say that was my first time with a Crit as a Gunslinger and holy freaking gods do I now understand why GMs hate these guys ._.”

I find it interesting to have a character like this in the group. It allows flexibility when the DM selects adversaries, since you can always count on some damage surplus. Of course, it’s not constant, so it would still demand care. But, after all, this is supposed to be heroic, isn’t it? This Crit made for quite a scene. Everything made for quite a scene, actually, from Marius’ efforts, to Morgrym’s spellcasting, to Reynard’s gunplay.

“Oh I am so treating this Party that every fight is 100% "Kill Them before They Kill Us" as our grand strategy.”

Well, that’s the composition you guys went for. And honestly you managed to oil things up quite well! Still, you’re gonna decide what kind of conflict you’ll engage into from now on, as well as how you’ll complement your strength, if you decide to do so, that is. Anything goes, really. Sending someone else to the front, hiring mercs, striking alliances, avoiding fights altogether, and so on…

“Druids are very versatile, and I built Morgrym to be more frontline then the last druid I played (though with no animal companion).”

It worked well! Strategic use of spells made the two confrontations very interesting from my point of view. Back in the first one enemies were trying to use the fog to their own advantage. By the second one, you guys made it so restrictive to the enemy that he couldn’t possibly escape the fire globe. And it worked a nice deal of damage on him as well!

EDIT: by the way, I've been putting some lore together for a while. I did the first four pages and posted as a doc. So... here goes. :) Hope you like it. There's plenty more, but I'm focusing on the plot and the characters (developing gnomes, mountain dwarves, the history surrounding the dragon monks, the occupied areas). I'll update that map (I want to re-draw it, as well as the one for Crowns of Ice).

LINK:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19GH84BG8EwlSmhqHnyfALVWLRBKwQWByzMjAa0eYPRA/edit

Last edited:

Remove ads