Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm glad to know I didn't offend you....But at the same time I'm sad - and very sorry - you had to go through the war. I suspected you had - I did the math in my head once, when we talked. For all that is worth, I hope I haven't brought any painful memories, and, well... You know I consider you a friend, so... :)

Nah, I have a good life. I'm mostly at peace with my self and losses we suffered. We (my nuclear and extended family (closest cousins) got lucky and with exception of several wounds of various severity we all got out alive. So, thank you, but don't worry about disturbing me. It made me peaceful man abhorring violence and not afraid of men in general (and I'm a martial artist of some skill, so I'm never again helpless - you could say that is some good legacy :) )

Archon Basileus

First Post
Ok, guys, sorry I left the last post hanging midway, but the trip crushed us both here, in a sense, lol. I've updated the map and the thread, so the busywork is avoided. Situation is presented with the moving elevator in the back of the tower and the Long Return still rolling with it's own motions. Women are safely placed under Arvana's care (and a good thing she gets out, too, since the last battle left her a bit hurt).
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
And we'll be marked as thieves - worse, horse thieves - unless the carriage is returned. LG character problems :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
Hehehe! Ok, I added a bit of a description to spice things up. Feel free to drop the decision as we go, no problem! I'll adapt the posts as needed.

Thanks again for the last year and I'm glad to see you guys as I come out of the woods once more. It's been a pleasure sharing a 'table' with you, and it's been quite fun to DM these stories. :)

Archon Basileus

First Post
No problem, man! Hope everything's pristine with the tour!

EDIT: So, I've been thinking about the difficulties translating certain actions that'd be natural at a normal table. Splitting at a situation such as presented, for instance, would be easy to roleplay, but hard to pull here. Therefore, I'm considering a simple random encounter roll, to be resolved by everyone together (not necessarily a combat encounter, mind you). So, if Morgrym goes out and leads the ladies towards the meeting spot, he succeeds, but it might be that the time lost allowed for a patrol to appear or for a merchant to detect the group's presence from outside, or something like it. Also, since Marius would act as a scout, I'm following the predetermined idea that he can, through his bonus in stealth alone, grant the group a heads-up without risking detection. Also, I'm considering applying a bonus for stealth tests for the other members, after the scout's passage. This would allow us to simulate strategic and roleplay choices without cluttering the game with busywork (something I'm beginning to see as a potential central problem of DMing on pbp.)

Also, I'm considering using the same principle to work around extended party position layouts. For example, if one of you watches the back of the group, there'd be at least a reduced chance of surprise attacks. If the last one in the row is a rogue or a barbarian (if I recall correctly) there wouldn't be a need to assume loss of speed, and so on... This might even flash out the general usefulness of some classes (rogues, ranges, and so on).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Huh. I thought the ladies were taken care of and safe and sound already and we were all gathered above the elevator.

Otherwise it seems to sound fine.

Remove ads