• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend us some Wii games.

Scotley

Hero
We'll have to check out resident evil. Family game night could be a winner too. I remember many games of sorry when my older kids were younger, so that might be one we could all enjoy. Battleship was a favorite game for my brother and I 30 someodd years ago.

Woas

First Post
Hey I'm telling ya, Boom Blox doesn't look like much from the cover but it's a really fun game for all ages! Give it a second look.

Scotley

Hero
Still can't find BoomBlox in which I suppose is another way to see that it is good. My 4 year old has really enjoyed watching us play 'Order Up' but he can't really do it himself and I find it a bit tedious.

Pbartender

First Post
Family game night could be a winner too. I remember many games of sorry when my older kids were younger, so that might be one we could all enjoy. Battleship was a favorite game for my brother and I 30 someodd years ago.

Okay, I've got to ask...

Why not just buy the boardgames, and play with the family at the table? I understand the financially, a video game bundle of board games might be a better buy, but still...

Mercutio01

First Post
Okay, I've got to ask...

Why not just buy the boardgames, and play with the family at the table? I understand the financially, a video game bundle of board games might be a better buy, but still...

It's a) cheaper than each game separately, b) there's no setup, c) there's no cleanup, d) my kitchen table is simply not big enough (small apt), and e) manages to bring technology into the equation--all of which were reasons I recommended it.

YMMV of course.

Graybeard

Explorer
I saw Boom Blox at my local Toys R Us. They had several copies in stock. I just picked up Carnival Games. I read some good reviews of it and it sounded like fun.

Protagonist

First Post
Multiplayer games I can recommend:
Mario Kart Wii (fun for up to 4 players if your TV is big enough), Boom Blox (especially the jenga and shuffleball variants), Mario Power Tennis (it's a GC remake, but it's cheap and the new controls rock)

Games that I recommend, if you don't mind some minor flaws

Guitar Hero World Tour (lyrics are a bit hard to read, if a single player screws up the song ends for the whole band), Worms: A Space Oddity (the number of weapons has decreased quite a bit since the PC versions), Mortal Kombat Armageddon (good game, but some of the movements for the specials moves are a little too similiar and take some practice to pull off)

Games I can not recommend at all:
Deca Sports (boring as abyss)

Remove ads