Recovering lost threads

macamboy

Villager
Yeah, looks like May for the last decent backup.

The Starwars campaign I was running in communities appears to have lost all updates since the beginning of May. Wished I'd kept better notes!

Cleon

Legend
Yeah, looks like May for the last decent backup.

The Starwars campaign I was running in communities appears to have lost all updates since the beginning of May. Wished I'd kept better notes!

Yes, fortunately I saved the Creature Catalog conversions as soon as we finish them over in General Monster Talk so the CC hasn't lost that much.

I'm thinking I'd better start saving the working drafts & discussion threads while we are in the process of converting them, since there were a couple of conversions we've lost a lot of work on that we were just about to finish.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Will this trick work if I use Firefox and my default searcher isn't google?(I'm a paranoic sorry u_u)

Nagol

Unimportant
Will this trick work if I use Firefox and my default searcher isn't google?(I'm a paranoic sorry u_u)

I can't comment on the Firefox part of the question.

The site:enworld.org search will work inside google regardless of what you normally use the search. It is based upon google's spiders combing the web for content rather than your bowser's cache. I know duckduckgo.com's search also supports the site: syntax if you want to run the search there. I do not know if that site offers a cached view though.

Cleon

Legend
I can't comment on the Firefox part of the question.

The site:enworld.org search will work inside google regardless of what you normally use the search. It is based upon google's spiders combing the web for content rather than your bowser's cache. I know duckduckgo.com's search also supports the site: syntax if you want to run the search there. I do not know if that site offers a cached view though.

Duckduckgo doesn't have cached views.

I've only found them on Google, and they've already updated some of them so they show versions of Enworld.org after the Great Database Hiccup.

Remove ads