• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting Closed] stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft -- 1 to 2 PCs [Eberron]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Though I am not too sure where I would stand in the pecking order but I would be very much interested in picking up 'Adalstan d'Cannith (Artificer 6?)' and running with it. Could be both a healer and a backup cannon.

What can you tell me interms of requried race, equipment, class etc. ?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bloodweaver1 said:
Though I am not too sure where I would stand in the pecking order but I would be very much interested in picking up 'Adalstan d'Cannith (Artificer 6?)' and running with it. Could be both a healer and a backup cannon.

What can you tell me interms of requried race, equipment, class etc. ?
Like true Cannith heirs, he's human. Other than having some artificer levels, that's all that has really been defined to date.

drothgery

First Post
A d'Cannith is definitely human, and may very well have game mechanics ties to house Cannith (i.e. possesing the Least or Lesser Mark of Making and/or having the Favored in House feat; there are more options in Dragonmarked, but that book is not pre-approved for this game).

stonegod

drothgery said:
A d'Cannith is definitely human, and may very well have game mechanics ties to house Cannith (i.e. possesing the Least or Lesser Mark of Making and/or having the Favored in House feat; there are more options in Dragonmarked, but that book is not pre-approved for this game).
I have it now, and will entertain content from it, but I haven't had as much time w/ it as the other sources.

When sent out on the expedition, Adalstan was unmarked. Of course, that may have changed very recently...

Bloodweaver1

First Post
stonegod said:
Like true Cannith heirs, he's human. Other than having some artificer levels, that's all that has really been defined to date.

Count me in. So what you need is background, description and crunch for a 6th Human House Cannith Artificer? How flavorable are we talking here? Also are the flaws from UA allowable?

Just a heads up he/she would more than likely have the 'Favored in House' feat as its a pre-req for the Wand Adept PrC that I am thinking of bridging into. Grovey?

Time frame for submittals?

-Blood

stonegod

Bloodweaver1 said:
Also are the flaws from UA allowable?
Probably not, but you might be able to convince me depending on the flaw.

Bloodweaver1 said:
Just a heads up he/she would more than likely have the 'Favored in House' feat as its a pre-req for the Wand Adept PrC that I am thinking of bridging into. Grovey?
Going for blastificer, then? I'll have to double check them booth (Favored got some tweaks in Dragonmarked to make it useful). Note, I will use the Living Eberron artificer tweaks to eliminate some artificer borkedness.

Bloodweaver1 said:
Time frame for submittals?
Friday the 11th at the minimum.

stonegod

Bloodweaver1 said:
Count me in. So what you need is background, description and crunch for a 6th Human House Cannith Artificer? How flavorable are we talking here?
I don't need the full crunch, but a telling of any particular feat/PrC choices you are considering. Background, quirks etc as requested can be as detailed as some of those above or terse as long as they paint a good picture of your character. But make sure you have all of them, especially the quirk. This game is as much RP as it is hack'n, and mood and personality is important to me.

Stormwind

First Post
stonegod said:
Stormwind said:
Cyran, check. Where do I find information on the Lightbringers? (I only have the Core books, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior and the Eberron Campaign Setting). Could you send me a PM with further details on her purpose within Barovia?
It's a Ravenloft special. I'll PM you later.
Regarding the Lightbringers, with the help of google, I found a succinct description here. Is it possible to take only a single paladin substitution level? Since Ashlyn has used remove disease already in game, and she has commented on the benefits of divine health, I assume that she can't take the 3rd or 6th substitution levels. However the 1st substitution level (swapping detect evil for detect undead) would fit very well with the flavour.

stonegod

Stormwind said:
However the 1st substitution level (swapping detect evil for detect undead) would fit very well with the flavour.
Yes, that would be the only one she could take (otherwise, her surviving this far would be... difficult to explain).

Remove ads