• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting Closed] stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft -- 1 to 2 PCs [Eberron]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bloodweaver1 said:
Is what I have posted acceptable (comment/recommendations) for now or do you require more?
A few things:
- Neither Chain Spell or Twin Spell can be taken at 1st level as they require a metamagic feat first
- Do keep in mind that the description of Adalstan as given (see the first post): He's a researcher for House Cannith, and not a favored one at that (being from the wrong part of Khovaire for his superiors). So 'Favored in House' is probably stretching it, and the background's focus on missions is not exactly in character.

The amount of detail is good, its the specifics of the details that would need tweaking. I'm still thinking about the Flaw business.

stonegod

Comments for the others:
- Enforcer: Your concept's background is the same as previous, but I would like a tie in with the expedition if possible. Any ideas there?
- s@squ@tch: I like the beginning of your concept, but knowledge of Barovia is very limited, and I can think of no one who would be sending the appropriate sendings that you mention. However, another possible tie was that Leigh may also be a member of the Lightbringers, and a straggler on their (smaller) expedition.
- Kralin Thornberry: Waiting on a more flushed out concept
- Stormwind: I think you're all set with Ashlyn.

Feel free to tweak and ask questions as recruitment is still open for a bit.

Enforcer

Explorer
Well, to keep himself in drink (and I guess food too), Geran needs to make a living somehow. And working for the Twelve as a guard for some mysterious expedition is as good of a way as any.

Other interests for Geran would be traveling into Karrnath, with the hopes of learning more about the Karrnathi magic that caused the Day of Mourning. The Blood of Vol cleric that was on the expedition would be a good source of information, if Geran managed to keep a civil tongue.

Hmm, yeah, that's kind of weak. The lack of ties combined with my lack of interest in running a healer-able character don't speak very well for my chances... :) That's fine. I wouldn't have even noticed that this game needed a player had stonegod not emailed me. If I somehow still get chosen, that's awesome, but I completely understand if I'm not. My best to all!

drothgery

First Post
Enforcer said:
Other interests for Geran would be traveling into Karrnath, with the hopes of learning more about the Karrnathi magic that caused the Day of Mourning. The Blood of Vol cleric that was on the expedition would be a good source of information, if Geran managed to keep a civil tongue.

Hmm, yeah, that's kind of weak. The lack of ties combined with my lack of interest in running a healer-able character don't speak very well for my chances... :) That's fine. I wouldn't have even noticed that this game needed a player had stonegod not emailed me. If I somehow still get chosen, that's awesome, but I completely understand if I'm not. My best to all!

You might want to build some tie to one or more of the other Cyran expats around (Daellin -- who your character would certainly know of, if not know well, given his background -- both being fairly senior ex-Cyran military; Janis, though there's less chance of actually knowing her; and the Paladin from the Lightbringers).

stonegod

Stormwind said:
@stonegod: I have added a detailed background for Ashlyn here.

Would you like us to post a full character sheet?
Full sheets after acceptance. I'll take a look at the background.

stonegod

Kralin Thornberry said:
Will do...w/ that clipper coming through the area tonight, I won't have much else to do! :D
Kralin, just a reminder that I will need that concept flushed out soon...

Bloodweaver1

First Post
stonegod said:
A few things:
- Neither Chain Spell or Twin Spell can be taken at 1st level as they require a metamagic feat first
- Do keep in mind that the description of Adalstan as given (see the first post): He's a researcher for House Cannith, and not a favored one at that (being from the wrong part of Khovaire for his superiors). So 'Favored in House' is probably stretching it, and the background's focus on missions is not exactly in character.

The amount of detail is good, its the specifics of the details that would need tweaking. I'm still thinking about the Flaw business.
Hmmm... Understood.
I will give it second go before the 11th.
I have an idea that will hopefully be better suited for the job.

-Blood

My submission for Bergeron "Foebender" d'Jorasco

Physical description: Bergeron is a short, stocky fellow, standing 3’1” and weighing 35 lbs, and has poor muscle tone and a pudgy belly. He keeps his curly auburn hair cut short, and has wide almost almond shaped hazel eyes. When entertaining, Bergeron likes to wear brightly colored clothing (usually bright blues and greens or purples) and a big, floppy hat. When being a guide, tour guide or healer, he usually wears darker colors such as dark green or blue, brown or black.

Bergeron almost always carries his lute, his preferred stringed instrument. If he can’t play his instrument, he sings as well. He keeps his dagger hidden in his left boot at most times, and if he needs it, he keeps his light crossbow on his back (if it’s not in his hands!), his bolts on his right hip, his small mace on his left hip, and his buckler on his right wrist/forearm. Bergeron’s pouches are usually bulging with odds and ends, and his “magic bag” can be found hanging from his belt.

Primary Role: Bergeron’s primary role is a supportive one, in a three fold capacity. He is “missle support”, preferring to avoid melee combat when possible. His second capacity is one of a guide, providing lore and maps (a love of Bergeron’s) and entertainment. His last role, and his main one, is that of healing. Now being from House Jorasco, Bergeron uses his spells, healing skills and dragon mark to provide healing services.

Quirks: Bergeron has a few quirks, but his main ones are that he is a lazy coward. He avoids manual labor as much as possible, spending his time in eating, drinking and entertaining when he possibly can. At heart, Bergeron wants to be heroic and brave, and has at times been that, but he is afraid of a lot of things, but being near the Karranth area, he is terrified of undead.

Bergeron also likes to talk a lot, and talks himself up as being heroic and brave. He is quick of wit, with a sharp tongue, and even faster with a song. He also obsesses over maps.

Distinguishing abilities: He is a very accomplished entertainer, especially when playing a stringed instrument.

His most distinguishing ability though, stems from his dragon mark, the Mark of Healing.

Background: Bergeron d’Jorasco, formerly Bergeron Foebender, grew up in Vedykar. Being a “civilized” Khorvarian Halfling, Bergeron thought that he would try to offer his services to House Jorasco. He was refused at first, having little or no use for a lazy Halfling. Bergeron went out to study, and learned quickly that he had an affinity for music and song. He also discovered that he had a great love for lore and maps. After a bit of traveling to Sharn and back, Bergeron returned to Vedykar, spreading the songs of the great and brave Bergeron Foebender. About this time, he started to develop a Mark of Healing, which started developing on his right wrist. House Jorasco was then VERY interested in Bergeron, and they brought him in. They gave him training in the healing arts, and taught him to use his abilities and love of knowledge and maps to be a three fold service from House Jorasco: entertainment, guide and healer. He has spent the past few months in service to House Jorasco, with the power of his dragon mark growing.

I can also have a character sheet written up quickly if you would like to see one.

Remove ads