• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for a High Level Planescape Campaign (dead, see the last post, sorry)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I just noticed looking now, but Nephtys, the Knock-Down feat is 3.0 and never got ported to 3.5 (it was from Sword and Fist I believe), I believe they replaced it with Knockback from Races of Stone which gives a free bull rush if you hit a guy - a little less crazy, and it doesn't cause the insane Improved Trip/Knock-Down combo of getting two attacks for every one.

Also, a quick question: Are you using transparency or separation for magic/psionics (i.e. are power resistance/magic resistance separate or the same, and can psionics dispel magic and vice versa).

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I just noticed looking now, but Nephtys, the Knock-Down feat is 3.0 and never got ported to 3.5 (it was from Sword and Fist I believe), I believe they replaced it with Knockback from Races of Stone which gives a free bull rush if you hit a guy - a little less crazy, and it doesn't cause the insane Improved Trip/Knock-Down combo of getting two attacks for every one.

That's weird, I got it from the 3,5 SRD, but maybe it's not completely up to date...

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown

What do you say ACF?

Anyway, I've been thinking about dropping it anyway and picking up the Spiked Chain proficiency, which would add an ironic twist to the character.

A Crazy Fool

First Post
You can take it as it is in the SRD. There won't be enough combat to make it a huge worry--it's not a dungeon crawl where combat roles define characters.

Nephtys

First Post
Thanks ACF.

Nac Mac Feegle said:
Actually, if you look at the address, it's still in the SRD under feats for gods :)

If I thought I could take feats for gods I would have picked something a lot more powerful :p. (The subsection is just ordinary feats that happen to come from the same book, Divine something.)

A Crazy Fool

First Post
Yes, you can take the feat. The prereqs are STR of 15 and BAB of +2. It's certainly no diety feat.

I still need some background from ethandrew and Nac Mac Feegle.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads