• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Blood and Guts: Modern Military PbP (done recruiting for now)

Bobitron

Explorer
Masada said:
"If it helps, lay down some suppression fire with the machine gun..."

Machine gun? Lol. That thing fires the monsters near this guy's boot.

Bradley_ammo_300.jpg

The Shaman

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
OOC: the smoke rounds in the front of the vehicle are not a good choice.
Ranger Rick, two things:
1. The suggestion was to pop smoke when we reached a point when we could provide an effective screen - I didn't go into greater detail in my post since I believed that would be readily apparent. I won't make that assumption in the future.
2. We are playing a game, one in which smoke provides a concealment bonus and a miss chance. With all due respect to your real-life experience, I think it's important that we keep sight of that fact.

Vigilance

Explorer
Right, you guys have a 25mm chain gun as well as a M-240 machine gun.

That'll learn me to make armament statements without consulting my books.

Basically anything short of a tank would be dumb to fight a Bradley, but without TOWs if you run into an aircraft or helicopter you're on the screwed side.

Bobitron

Explorer
Hold it now... Wait a minute...

As you approach the position of the pilot it becomes very clear to you that the pilot is Israeli and that the group of Iranians is a lynch mob.

As you approach the group bullets begin to ping off the Bradley's armor.

A rough headcount through the Bradley's periscope puts the size of the crowd in the hundreds.

and yet...

You're about 30 minutes away. The mob is closer, but you're moving faster. Its iffy who's going to reach the pilot first.

We are a half hour away, maybe 10-15 miles, and yet we can tell it is an Israeli jet, are being hit by small arms fire, and can get a rough count on the number of people in the mob?

Ranger Rick said:
Just curious, what profession are you? The military has a lot of different ones.

Okay, I was Navy Nuke six years '75-81. Dunno nuthin about the ground-pounder side. BNG2 is kinda grey in this area. I had picked Combat Engineer MOS. Does that help point a direction?

kingpaul

First Post
kingpaul said:
Augustus' grandfather served the marines in the Pacific theater of WWII and his father in Viet Nam.
Just out of curiosity, is that realistic? For ages that is. I know that my grandfathers fought in WWII, and my dad would've fought in Viet Nam had he not had a college defferment. However, the game is 5 years from now, and Augustus is 7 years younger than I am now.

Would it make a bit more sense for great-grandfather in WWII, grandfather in Viet Nam, father in the 1st Gulf War?

Ranger Rick

First Post
Get an excel spread sheet and put in b-days and than ages.

The 1st gulf war was 19 years ago from the story.

Vietnam was 16-27 years before the Gulf war.

Technically, yes, but realisticaly no. Also, by after 4 generations, you probably would have been encouraged to become an Officer.

Keep WWII & Vietnam link but drop the gulf war one.

Remove ads