• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for Blood and Guts: Modern Military PbP (done recruiting for now)

ragboy

Explorer
Okay. You've convinced me... Vigilance: What do I need to run the Blood and Guts 2 system? I see on rpgnow, quite a few PDF's, including the 1st edition bundle. Do I need all the 1st edition stuff to run B&G2 (I've got the original B&G book, but nothing else in the 1st ed.)?

It appears to be:

Modern Military Manual
Any sub-campaign stuff I'm interested in (i.e. War on Terror, Special Ops, etc).

Bobitron

Explorer
ragboy said:
Okay. You've convinced me... Vigilance: What do I need to run the Blood and Guts 2 system? I see on rpgnow, quite a few PDF's, including the 1st edition bundle. Do I need all the 1st edition stuff to run B&G2 (I've got the original B&G book, but nothing else in the 1st ed.)?

It appears to be:

Modern Military Manual
Any sub-campaign stuff I'm interested in (i.e. War on Terror, Special Ops, etc).

All you need is the Military Training Manual for what you have seen in this game so far. Special Operations Command adds in SOCOM, obviously. War on Terror is almost like a Monster Manual; it gives you special ways to build terrorist groups and NPC's. The Combat Procedures Manual is a rules expansion, with new options for armor, vehicle combat, etc. Battlefield Unit Combat System is a mass combat system; I just picked it up today and haven't had a chance to read it.

Get Military Training Manual first. From there add what you like. I think all the pdf's are well worth it; nothing is too expensive and they all have usable material.

edit: Oh, and nothing from 1st edition is needed. Buy only 2nd edition stuff. While the 1st edition bundle is a great deal, I think the new edition is much improved.

ragboy

Explorer
Bobitron said:
edit: Oh, and nothing from 1st edition is needed. Buy only 2nd edition stuff. While the 1st edition bundle is a great deal, I think the new edition is much improved.

Cool. That's what I thought. I just got the somewhat aged video game "Flashpoint" and now I have a hankering for a modern military rpg...

Bobitron

Explorer
ragboy said:
Cool. That's what I thought. I just got the somewhat aged video game "Flashpoint" and now I have a hankering for a modern military rpg...

I love that game! I uninstalled it a while back and was hankerin' for a game a few days back, but can't find my discs. :(

ragboy

Explorer
Bobitron said:
I love that game! I uninstalled it a while back and was hankerin' for a game a few days back, but can't find my discs. :(

Picked up the 'Gold Edition' at Half-Priced Books for $6... woot!

ragboy

Explorer
Crud. RpgNow only takes Paypal with a credit card...which I don't have.. Don't suppose RPGObjects can take direct Paypal payments??

Vigilance

Explorer
ragboy said:

It appears to be:

Modern Military Manual

I obviously need to poke my head in here more often. I've been hip deep in Jack the Ripper research for the past couple days and got preoccupied (no not for you guys lol- you won't be meeting Jack in the Iraqi desert- its a little book for Blood and Relics).

You are correct ragboy, all you need to use BNG II is the Military Training Manual and the core rules. The rest is gravy.

To use War on Terror or SOCOM you need the MTM, but the Combat Procedures Manual and BUCS are standalone products that require nothing but the core rules.

So its really a question of what you want. The MTM gives you some more advanced classes and a ton of feats for a military-focused game. War on Terror and SOCOM are sort of flip sides of the same coin, each using similar terminology to represent terrorist groups and special operations units respectively.

BUCS is a mass combat system able to handle ground combat between hundreds of combatants with ease, while Combat Procedures is just optional rules for attack and defense, with a lot of ways to make combat more realistic and lethal.

Hope this helps and thanks for the interest :)

Chuck

Remove ads