• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting Fresh Again!] The Old School: 1e AD&D

PolterGhost

First Post
InVinoVeritas-as self-DM-1/2 demon,1/2 devil
Ghostcat-Lidia-Female Human Druid
Thondor-Amirad, the Gallant ( I love 1e titles)-Human Paladin, cousin to Austin
Darkwolf71-Zhantain-Human Ranger level 1
ME!-Austin Haarelsen, The benevolant and benign-Cleric of Solinar, cousin to Amirad
Deuce Traveler-Sgt Stubbs Silverhammer-Dwarven Fighter

here be the RG thread

Yay, my computer is functional once again! Good to see that this is finally getting started.

What do I have to do to get in?

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Just to let everyone know, I'm pausing the action slightly to give Rhun, PolterGhost, and [MENTION=32433]Darkwolf71[/MENTION] a chance to have their characters in the game.

Rhun

First Post
Just to let everyone know, I'm pausing the action slightly to give Rhun, PolterGhost, and [MENTION=32433]Darkwolf71[/MENTION] a chance to have their characters in the game.

I didn't have much time last night, but my Sunday evening is free...so at the very latest I will have my PC done then.

PolterGhost

First Post

I'm in the middle of moving, so the earliest I can get back to this is...Monday? That's with the world working in my favor.

Rhun

First Post
IVV, here is what I have so far:

-----
Turthain of the Emerald Cloak
Elf Male
Fighter / Magic-User / Thief
Neutral Good

STR: 12
INT: 13
WIS: 14 (-1 age)
DEX: 16 (+1 elf)
CON: 14 (-1 elf, +1 age)
CHA: 14

HP: 7
AC: 3

Saving Throws:
Paralysis, poison, death magic: 13
Petrification, Polymorph: 12
Rod, Staff, Wand: 11
Breath Weapon: 15
Spell: 12

Starting Money: 160gp (16x10)

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 116 lbs

Age: 166 (Young Adult, subtract 1 wisdom, add 1 constition)

Secondary Skills: Gambler, Hunter/Fisher

1st Level Spells Known
- Read Magic
- Push (07 rolled)
- Spider Climb (08 rolled)
- Detect Magic (10 rolled)

Equipment, Arms & Armor
Chainmail (75gp)
Longbow (60gp)
Arrows, 36 (3gp)
Longsword (15gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Clothing
-----

I need to finishing purchasing equipment, and determine spells. How are you handling that? Your example PC looks like you rolled for 3 spells...but I thought in AD&D you rolled a percentage of every spell on the spell list to see whether you knew it of not, as per Intelligence Table 2?

Last edited:

Remove ads