• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
It doesn't really work for my swashbuckler idea either, but I'll make do. :p
31 PB isn't bad though. This way, you'll be able to keep up Strength, Dex, Con, and Int to all be positive, plus Cha which is nice for some Swashbuckler skills.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ah, I find why RA's posts count keeps going up but I see no IC replies. ;) :lol:

I'm just stopping by to, well, most be brat by asking if this game will feature SBlocks or not? :p ;) :D

(I'm hopping I'll be real busy in RL soon so I don't want to tie up slow/down another one of RA's games.)

Manzanita

First Post
I've never seen a thread fill up like this. A good sign, perhaps, for a fast moving game. OK. I'll make my third set of rolls here :

4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [5,4,3] = (12)
4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [6,5,3] = (14)
4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [5,3,2] = (10)
4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [5,5,3] = (13)
4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [6,5,4] = (15)
4d6.takeHighest(3)-> [6,6,3] = (15)

So 15,15,14,14,13,12 drop the 10. Intersting. Not really elven archer build. I"ll have to give it some thought...

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
I've never seen a thread fill up like this. A good sign, perhaps, for a fast moving game. OK. I'll make my third set of rolls here :

So 15,15,14,14,13,12 drop the 10. Intersting. Not really elven archer build. I"ll have to give it some thought...
Yup, this is fast even for me, I will admit :D

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
31 PB isn't bad though. This way, you'll be able to keep up Strength, Dex, Con, and Int to all be positive, plus Cha which is nice for some Swashbuckler skills.

There's nothing wrong with the PB, though it'll probably be low by comparison to most characters, but the allocation is terrible considering the feats I was looking at...time to consider a new direction I guess. :heh: Again the dice wreck a perfectly good idea. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
There's nothing wrong with the PB, though it'll probably be low by comparison to most characters, but the allocation is terrible considering the feats I was looking at...time to consider a new direction I guess. :heh: Again the dice wreck a perfectly good idea. :p
Which feats? Remember I allow stat-boosting magic to affect feat selection but not for PrC

unleashed

First Post
Manzanita said:

Well I'll take those and you roll another set...sound fair. ;) :lol:

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Which feats? Remember I allow stat-boosting magic to affect feat selection but not for PrC

Well that's how it works for feats anyway...I'll assume you only mean permanent items. ;)

It would need to be some pretty big stat boosting items. Nevermind, I'll just have to go another way. :cool:

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Drat! I had posted and then had to log off quickly (RL intruding with my wife needing to send in a job application before the deadline) and it seems the post was lost.

So, as I was saying somewhere in e-space, I did ask about rolling on Invisible Castle for a character called Kelloran - but I put it into an edit of a post I then discovered that you had already answered. That being the case, I went ahead and rolled anyway.

Here are the rolls.

Of course, I forgot to do the automatic drop-the-lowest thingy but the rolls turn out like this:

13, 9, 14, 18, 9, 10, 18

Dropping one of the 9s, I'd go for a build like this:

STR 10, DEX 18, CON 9, INT 18, WIS 14, CHA 13

which would, I think, fit with the backstory of him being mistreated and malnourished (hence low STR and poor CON), and with his perceived strengths (good at getting out of the innkeeper's way, and very, very bright). I'd probably try to play his CHA as a bit lower initially - until he starts to gain some confidence in himself, and learns that other people can be trustworthy.

What do you think?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads