• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Yes, permanent items :) Pretty big stat-boosting items? What feats require more than 15?

Well I really don't like using magic items to get a feat, as it could become useless at any time (and anything that builds off of it). :(

As for the stat-boosting items, well it's a fact of the way I have to align his stats to match my concept. My stats will probably be arrayed as follows to match my original concept Str 12, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 14, with my point at 4th level going into Int. Now if I want to take the Two-Weapon Fighting route, I'll need a +2 Dex item by 3rd level, and a +4 Dex item by 6th level (same for 12th if I put my 2 points into Dex from 8th level). See the pretty big stat-boosting item...as I said I'll just have to go another way. :cool:

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Well I really don't like using magic items to get a feat, as it could become useless at any time (and anything that builds off of it). :(

As for the stat-boosting items, well it's a fact of the way I have to align his stats to match my concept. My stats will probably be arrayed as follows to match my original concept Str 12, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 14, with my point at 4th level going into Int. Now if I want to take the Two-Weapon Fighting route, I'll need a +2 Dex item by 3rd level, and a +4 Dex item by 6th level (same for 12th if I put my 2 points into Dex from 8th level). See the pretty big stat-boosting item...as I said I'll just have to go another way. :cool:
Hmm...there's also inherent bonuses...they tend to pop up every once in a while. Hmm, I guess its cuz of the 15 Int rather than Dex and then 14 Cha--though I would probably do something like this too, since I like Int to be at least 15 or 16 and Cha is always fun :)

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hmm...there's also inherent bonuses...they tend to pop up every once in a while. Hmm, I guess its cuz of the 15 Int rather than Dex and then 14 Cha--though I would probably do something like this too, since I like Int to be at least 15 or 16 and Cha is always fun :)

As I said I'll have to choose another course, either move the stats around 15 Dex, 14 Int, 13 Cha, though I like to have high Int, the higher the better ;)...or just go a different feat route. :cool:

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
As I said I'll have to choose another course, either move the stats around 15 Dex, 14 Int, 13 Cha, though I like to have high Int, the higher the better ;)...or just go a different feat route. :cool:
Ah, okay, that works :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I keep on swaping my Int and Cha. Think I've settled on the higher Int, but it's sooo debatable.
It's definitely debatable--it's a tough call because both are really useful for your character.

I will say to all the players who have comparatively lower stats that the player in my game with the lowest rolls wound up eventually getting the highest stats in the end, so these may change over time :)

Bront

The man with the probe
unleashed said:
You can always go Swashbuckler /w Spiked chain :)

Remove ads