(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
For the record, I posted the name (in this post) before I rolled the stats.

Nevertheless, I can appreciate that some people will try and "bend" the rules, and Rule 0 applies, so I won't be using my first roll.

Now, the second roll is nowhere near as good, but still workable:
Second set of rolls here

11, 15, 8, 9, 8, 11, 15

I'd drop one of the 8's and have a build like this:

STR 9, DEX 15, CON 8, INT 15, WIS 11, CHA 11

That still fits with my character concept and backstory, so I'd be fine with Kelloran in this form. I've looked at the Arcane Trickster and that's not Kel, so it'd be straight mage after level 1.

What do you think?

'Nock
I think that works and still fits well with your backstory, but in fairness to you, I'll point out that you can drop one 15 and reroll it again, perhaps getting something better :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Any good sites to find Deity info? Or you have any you can give here?

Wondering what some of the Deities are like, pondering of Val worships any in particular.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Hmm...try this:

[SBLOCK=Gods]Greater Powers
Akadi: Elemental Air, Movement, Speed, Flying Creatures (N)
Bane: Hatred, Tyranny, Fear (LE)
Chauntea: Agriculture, Farmers, Gardeners, Summer (NG)
Cyric: Murder, Strife, Lies, Intrigue, Deception, Illusion (CE)
Grumbar: Elemental Earth, Solidity, Changelessness, Oaths (N)
Istishia: Elemental Water, Purification, Wetness (N)
Kelemvor: Death, The Dead (LN)
Kossuth: Elemental Fire, Purification Through Fire (N)
Lathander: Spring, Dawn, Birth, Renewal, Youth, Vitality, Athletics (NG)
Mystra: Magic, Spells, The Weave (NG/LN)
Oghma: Knowledge, Invention, Inspiration, Bards (N)
Shar: Dark, Night, Loss, Forgetfulness, Unrevealed Secrets, Caverns, Dungeons, The Underdark (NE)
Silvanus: Wild Nature, Druids (N)
Sune: Beauty, Love, Passion (CG)
Talos: Storms, Destruction, Rebellion, Conflagrations, Earthquakes, Vortices (CE)
Tempus: War, Battle, Warriors (CN)
Tyr: Justice (LG)
[edit]
Intermediate Powers
Beshaba: Random mischief, Misfortune, Bad Luck, Accidents (CE)
Gond: Artifice, Craft, Construction, Smithwork (N)
Helm: Guardians, Protectors, Protection (LN)
Ilmater: Endurance, Suffering, Martyrdom, Perseverance (LG)
Mielikki: Forest, Forest Creatures, Rangers, Dryads, Autumn (NG)
Selûne: Moon, Stars, Navigation, Navigators, Wanderers, Seekers, Good Neutral Lycanthropes (CG)
Tymora: Good Fortune, Skill, Victory, Adventurers, Adventuring (CG)
Umberlee: Oceans, Currents, Waves, Sea Winds (CE)
[edit]
Lesser Powers
Auril: Cold, Winter (NE)
Azuth: Wizards, Mages, Spellcasters in General (LN)
Deneir: Glyphs, Images, Literature, Literacy, Scribes, Cartography (NG)
Eldath: Quiet Places, Springs, Pools, Peace, Waterfalls (NG)
Lliira: Joy, Happiness, Dance, Festivals, Freedom, Liberty (CG)
Loviatar: Pain, Hurt, Agony, Torment, Suffering, Torture (LE)
Malar: Hunters, Bloodlust, Evil Lycanthropes, Stalking (CE)
Mask: Thieves, Thievery, Shadows (NE)
Milil: Poetry, Song, Eloquence (NG)
Shaundakul: Travel, Exploration, Caravans, Portals (CN)
Talona: Disease, Poison (CE)
Torm: Duty, Loyalty, Obedience, Paladins (LG)
Uthgar: Uthgardt Barbarian Tribes, Physical Strength (CN)
Waukeen: Trade, Money, Wealth N)
[edit]
Demipowers
Finder Wyvernspur: Cycle of life, Transformation of Art, Saurials (CN)
Garagos: War, Skill-at-Arms, Destruction, Plunder (CN)
Gargauth: Betrayal, Cruelty, Political Corruption, Powerbrokers (LE)
Gwaeron Windstrom: Tracking, Rangers of the North (NG)
Hoar: Revenge, Retribution, Poetic Justice (LN)
Jergal: Fatalism, Proper Burial, Guardians of Tombs (LN)
Lurue: Talking Beasts and Intelligent Animals (CG)
Nobanion: Royalty, Lions and Feline Beasts, Good Beasts (LG)
Red Knight: Strategy, Planning, Tactics (LN)
Savras: Divination, Fate, Truth (LN)
Sharess: Hedonism, Festhalls, Cats (CG)
Shiallia: Woodland Glades, Woodland Fertility (NG)
Siamorphe: Nobles, Rightful Rule of Nobles, Human Royalty (LG)
Ulutiu: Glaciers, Polar Environments, Arctic Dwellers (LN)
Valkur: Sailors, Ships, Favourable Winds, Naval Combat (CG)
Velsharoon: Necromancy, Evil Liches, Undeath (NE) [/SBLOCK]

Once you find ones you like, let me know and I'll tell you more about them :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Don't see anything that directly floats my boat. I remember liking Sune, Selûne seems oddly appropriate, and Lliira or Oghma could be interesting.

Oh, and how could I forget Loviatar, Malar, and Talos :]

Boddynock

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I think that works and still fits well with your backstory, but in fairness to you, I'll point out that you can drop one 15 and reroll it again, perhaps getting something better :)
Yeah, I thought about it - but if I didn't get something better I would be so pissed!

Besides, it does match the character concept, so I'll go with the flow!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Don't see anything that directly floats my boat. I remember liking Sune, Selûne seems oddly appropriate, and Lliira or Oghma could be interesting.

Oh, and how could I forget Loviatar, Malar, and Talos :]
Well, at least there's more fun choices than, say, the Greyhawk pantheon :D And this is just the human gods--if you like, I can include the Demihuman Deities :)

Here's some info on the ones you mentioned--but I'll say now that Selune would be particularly apt considering the religion of a few of the baddies :)

[SBLOCK=Sune]Sune
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
Forgotten Realms Deity

Sune

Title(s) Lady Firehair

Homeplane

Power Level Greater

Alignment Chaotic Good

Portfolio Beauty, love, passion

Alias(es)

Superior None

Sune is the Faerûnian deity of love and beauty in Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms fictional world of Abeir-Toril. Her dogma is primarily concerned with love based on outward beauty, with primary importance placed upon loving people who respond to the Sunite's appearance.

[edit]
Dogma
Sune's dogma maintains that physical beauty or lack thereof is more than simply a function of physical factors; to the Sunite, that which is beautiful is good and ugly things are undoubtedly evil, for they believe that beauty radiates from one's inner being and reflects the core nature of an individual. (This outlook when taken literally will often result in the deception of a Sunite by a fair-seeming evil creature.) Sunites are also often narcissistic, being commanded to love themselves more than anyone except Sune herself. Apart from these specifics, Sune's dogma revolves around nurturing and encouraging love and passion. (This is not to say that all Sunites are hedonists, this being the domain of Sharess rather than Lady Firehair.)

[edit]
Relationships
Sune is served by Sharess, who she rescued from the influence of Shar during the Godswar. For this, Shar considers Sune her enemy, and Selune now aids Mystra in her struggle against Shar and the Shadow Weave. She is also allied to Selûne (who once served her much as Sharess does now, but has since gone her own way), Milil, and Lathander. She dislikes the Gods of Fury (Talos and his follower deities) as well as Tempus for the destruction they cause to beautiful things. Despite this, she has no true enemies among the gods, as the Gods of Fury dislike all others and Tempus considers her too flighty and therefore irrelevant to be worth the conflict.
[/SBLOCK]

Other deities that are similar to Sune--Hanali Celanil (elven goddess of beauty) and Sharess (goddess of pleasure)

[SBLOCK=Selune]Selûne (seh-loon-ay) is a fictional goddess in the Forgotten Realms setting of Dungeons & Dragons. Also known as Our Lady of Silver and the Moonmaiden, she is the Faerûnian goddess of light, the moon, stars, navigation, navigators, wanderers, questers, and goodly lycanthropes.

Clerics of Selûne are a very diverse group, including sailors, nonevil lycanthropes, mystics, and female spellcasters. Her church's main objective is to fight evil lycanthropes and summon the Shards (blue-haired female planetar servants of Selûne) to battle the minions of her archnemesis (and twin), Shar. The temple also performs fortune-telling, healing, and practices self-reliance and humility.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Llira]In the Forgotten Realms setting of Dungeons & Dragons, Llira, also known as Our Lady of Joy, Mistress of Revels and The Joybringer, is the fictional Faerûnian goddess of Joy, happiness, dance, festivals, freedom and liberty.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Oghma]Oghma, also known as The Lord of Knowledge, Binder of what is known, is the Neutral Greater power of Bards, Inspiration, Invention, and Knowledge, in the fictional world of the Forgotten Realms Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting. Like Silvanus and Mielikki, Oghma is based on a historical Oghma from Celtic mythology (see Oghma), supposedly having been active in more than one plane of existence.

He is leader of the Deities of Knowledge and Invention (including Milil, Deneir and Gond), and his homeplane in the 3rd Edition world is the House of Knowledge. His symbol is a Black Scroll and his favourite weapon is Mortal Strike (a longsword).

He grants the Charm, Knowledge, Luck, Travel and Trickery. His worshippers are artists, bards, cartographers, inventors, loremasters, sages, scholars, scribes and wizards. They can be of any alignment, unlike most neutral gods.

After the debacle in Zhentil Keep that saw Cyric take a blow to his power, he entrusted Rinda with the Cyrinishad, a book Cyric had her pen that converted anyone who read it or heard a reading of it to a fanatically loyal follower of Cyric. Cyric then read his own book. He also gave her a diamond amulet to render her invisible to all the gods, even Oghma.

Oghma's allies are the Deities of Knowledge and Invention. His most common foes are Mask, Cyric and Bane. His old archnemesis, Leira, is now dead and an aspect of Cyric.

[/SBLOCK]

Other deities that are sort of like Oghma include his servitors Deneir and Milil.

Oh, do you want those evil ones? :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
Yeah, I thought about it - but if I didn't get something better I would be so pissed!

Okey dokey--that works for me if it works for you :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Boddynock said:

FYI, you're using a 23 point character. Average suggested is 25, so you not likely to do much worse.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
FYI, you're using a 23 point character. Average suggested is 25, so you not likely to do much worse.
25 is actually below average by a significant amount (it's the average you get if you don't think before you try to take the average over the Probability Distribution Function), but I'm cool with it either way.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
25 is actually below average by a significant amount (it's the average you get if you don't think before you try to take the average over the Probability Distribution Function), but I'm cool with it either way.
25 is what the DMG suggests for average, not the actual die roll.

Remove ads