• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Well that's how it works for feats anyway...I'll assume you only mean permanent items. ;)

It would need to be some pretty big stat boosting items. Nevermind, I'll just have to go another way. :cool:
Yes, permanent items :) Pretty big stat-boosting items? What feats require more than 15?

Boddynock

First Post
Rystil Arden,

You mentioned Arcane Trickster. I'm not really familiar with it but assumed it was something from one of the splatbooks. However, when I went to look it up, I couldn't find it anywhere. So, where does it come from? (It's just occurred to me that, even though magic will become his passion, he might have to utilize other skills to fund his research.)

'Nock

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
Drat! I had posted and then had to log off quickly (RL intruding with my wife needing to send in a job application before the deadline) and it seems the post was lost.

So, as I was saying somewhere in e-space, I did ask about rolling on Invisible Castle for a character called Kelloran - but I put it into an edit of a post I then discovered that you had already answered. That being the case, I went ahead and rolled anyway.

Here are the rolls.

Of course, I forgot to do the automatic drop-the-lowest thingy but the rolls turn out like this:

13, 9, 14, 18, 9, 10, 18

Dropping one of the 9s, I'd go for a build like this:

STR 10, DEX 18, CON 9, INT 18, WIS 14, CHA 13

which would, I think, fit with the backstory of him being mistreated and malnourished (hence low STR and poor CON), and with his perceived strengths (good at getting out of the innkeeper's way, and very, very bright). I'd probably try to play his CHA as a bit lower initially - until he starts to gain some confidence in himself, and learns that other people can be trustworthy.

What do you think?
Your edit came two hours after the roll on IC and I didn't okay it, so I'm going to have to ask you to reroll. If you did get those rolls on your first try, I'm really sorry, but I need to be fair to the other players and you didn't get my okay plus posted the name after the rolls were made

Rystil Arden

First Post
Boddynock said:
Rystil Arden,

You mentioned Arcane Trickster. I'm not really familiar with it but assumed it was something from one of the splatbooks. However, when I went to look it up, I couldn't find it anywhere. So, where does it come from? (It's just occurred to me that, even though magic will become his passion, he might have to utilize other skills to fund his research.)

'Nock
It's in the DMG ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Eluvian & I have similar stats, and similar ideas, perhaps. I'm also thinking a cloistered cleric now. One I'd multiclass into a mystic theurge. I'll start working up some concepts. I might still go the archer build.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Heres the rolls: 15, 13, 14, 10, 11, 12, 12
Use the 15, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11. Dropping the 10.

Concepts:

Evil Human Rogue: It always flashes by my mind at least once during character creation. Theives guild initiate, if he's run I'll use the "far fallen" technique to illustrate the evil. This technique involves doing the most heroic deeds possible so that when an evil deed is commited it is all the more horrific when held next to the good.

Elvish(or Orcish) Viking-type: Probably a Scout, Barbarian, or Ranger. Due to campaign information this seems unlikely to be used. Not truly good, nor truly evil, simply a warrior from a culture which is focused on honor and survival. Made it across (insert suitable natural barrier here), barely. Working to find mage/priest capable of returning him home. If accepted allows for expansion of campaign world, giving cultural information on this elvish(orcish) offshoot.

Killoren Totemist: I have yet to use either and think the giant swamp would allow for an explantion of such a creature. Probably play this one by ear.

Nomad from the desert: Human Scout most likely, highly religious and detesting the power elite of his realm he left for Sundaria. He looks to return when he has gathered significant power.

That's what I have for the time being. How do they look?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
Eluvian & I have similar stats, and similar ideas, perhaps. I'm also thinking a cloistered cleric now. One I'd multiclass into a mystic theurge. I'll start working up some concepts. I might still go the archer build.
Cool, you also may want to look into Archivist for Mystic Theurge because it uses Int (sort of) for both.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Evil Human Rogue: It always flashes by my mind at least once during character creation. Theives guild initiate, if he's run I'll use the "far fallen" technique to illustrate the evil. This technique involves doing the most heroic deeds possible so that when an evil deed is commited it is all the more horrific when held next to the good.

This could work in the game without a Paladin or Exalted character. It reminds me of some other evil characters--they heroically battle against the evil enemies, but in the end, they are evil themselves and are only fighting mutual enemies.

Elvish(or Orcish) Viking-type: Probably a Scout, Barbarian, or Ranger. Due to campaign information this seems unlikely to be used. Not truly good, nor truly evil, simply a warrior from a culture which is focused on honor and survival. Made it across (insert suitable natural barrier here), barely. Working to find mage/priest capable of returning him home. If accepted allows for expansion of campaign world, giving cultural information on this elvish(orcish) offshoot.
I actually have the map filled with places beyond those barriers, so it wouldn't work so well--the best way to have a viking-type character would be to be a planar refugee who was shunted from an alternate prime.

Killoren Totemist: I have yet to use either and think the giant swamp would allow for an explantion of such a creature. Probably play this one by ear.

Hmm...the swamp might work, although the jungle would probably be even better, as the outskirts of the jungle aren't quite as inimical to life as the swamp. Killorens and Totemists are both cool. They could probably even piggyback somewhat on Duskling racial sub levels (were there any--can't remember).

Nomad from the desert: Human Scout most likely, highly religious and detesting the power elite of his realm he left for Sundaria. He looks to return when he has gathered significant power.

That would certainly work well as well.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
RA,

Still planning on the psion-telepath idea. I didn't actually get okayed by you before rolling under my name.

I'm more than happy to get the okay and roll properly :)

Keia

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
RA,

Still planning on the psion-telepath idea. I didn't actually get okayed by you before rolling under my name.

I'm more than happy to get the okay and roll properly :)

Keia
Cool, sounds good--we can work it out by e-mail if you want to keep it secret :] Since you weren't okayed, I'll okay you now to roll again. Thanks, Keia!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads