• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

recruiting players for a mid-level steampunk campaign

dave_o

Explorer
Brick-Knuckle Jack
Male Ogre (6), Chaotic Neutral

Attributes
STR 24 (+7)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 16 (+3)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 10 (+0)​

Combat
HP 48/48 AC 21 (+5 armor, +5 natural, -1 size, +2 DEX) BAB +3 Size Large Speed 40ft. Initative +2 (+2 DEX)
Melee Attack
+10 club 1d8+6 x2​
Ranged Attack
+5 club 1d8+6 x2 10ft.​

Saves
Fort +7 (+4 base, +3 CON)
Ref +3 (+1 base, +2 DEX)
Will +1 (+1 base, +0 WIS)​

Special Abilities
Racial
Reach 10ft., Large size (-1 to AC, -1 to attack rolls, -4 to Hide, +4 to grapple, lifting/carrying limits 2x that of medium characters), Darkvision 60ft.
Class

Skills
Listen +3 (+3 ranks, +0 WIS), Spot +4 (+4 ranks, +0 WIS)​

Feats
Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Club)​

Equipment
Breastplate, explorer's outfit, gauntlets of ogre power, goggles of minute seeing, 340g​

Languages
Common, giant​

Description
The name Brick-Knuckle Jack is a fixture among the less savory. Ten feet tall, at least, some claim. His shirts sewn from discarded zeppelin bags, others. Base thugs, hearing that Brick-Knuckle Jack is coming to collect payment, warble out stories of how one, just like them, lost his head over a debt without even knowing it was coming. The story goes that old Brick-Knuckle Jack simply jammed his hand through the wall of the place and popped the boy's cranium off like a wine cork.

What Brick-Knuckle Jack is, is an ogre, oprhaned as most ogres are, who found himself a niche in the seedy underbelly of the city. Huge and hulking, Brick-Knuckle Jack never has trouble finding as work as an enforcer, as a debt collector, a bodyguard. And oh, how old Jack loves the city. Keeping his whiskers cropped short, wearing his iconoclastic bowler (specially tailored from three hats) and suspenders (pieced together from warjack straps). Brick-Knuckle Jack looks almost a proper man, instead of whatever rough bite of Ogre his birth name was, if his giant mother even bothered to give little Jack that much of a thought.

But when an errant thug or smuggler sees Brick-Knuckle bearing down on them, the thick brow, cruel eyes, and hands like clenching mountains, they realize that Brick-Knuckle Jack will never be a man, truly.

And as much as he tries to deny it, Brick-Knuckle Jack knows that, too.​

That should be the final. I'm looking forward to scenes in which Jack puts on his goggles to have a look at something. :D

dave_o

Explorer
Rathan said:
lets hop we haven't lost him again.... if si you still interested in picking it up once again dave_o?

Very possibly, though like I said my Steampunk setting is quite different so a lot of these concepts wouldn't really be par for the course. :D

I was actually thinking about starting my own Steampunk game in a new thread but don't wanna piss NPC Lord off. :\

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads