• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

recruiting players for a mid-level steampunk campaign

NPC Lord

First Post
looking for players for a homebrew fantasy steampunk campaign. id like lvls 5-10
Creation Guidelines:
savage species allowed
Psionics are allowed
28 point buy
Max HD at first level, 1/2 HD at even levels, 1/2+1 HD at odd levels

Posting Guidelines:
Minimum of three posts a week, preferably more.
DM updates every other day, barring real life interferrence (more if possible).
Chose a color for your character for dialogue.

no full charachters right now, id just like to hear your concepts.

Galieo

First Post
NPC Lord,

Can you give a little setting flavor? I'm interested in a Steampunk game, but a little to chew on will help with a character sketch.

Thanks.

TheMagician

First Post
Got my attention! I'd like to play a sorcerer or wizard, but those are usually modified in steampunk settings. I'd like some more info, too.

I <3 Steampunk

Concepts?

Delitante Maenad Musketeer & Zeppelin captain (Psy warrior/Musketeer/Elocater)
Xeph Steamcraft armored Knight (War blade or Urban Ranger)
Honor obsessive half-elf Rocketeer (as above, but w/rocket pack rather than steamarmor)
Elan Rogue with a heavy emphasis on gadgets
Dwarven atheist cleric obsessed w/ the Church of Pure Reason

I could go on, but I'd love to play any of these. Assuming I get a slot in, this is my color. 5 to 10?

Like everyone else feels though, more setting information and an emphasis on tone is needed. Are we talking Shadowrun type punk or more pulpish ala League of Extrodinary Gentlemen or The Phantom. How about espionage or air combat such as in Wild Wild West (tv show, not that ghastly Will Smith/Kevin Kline movie) or Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow?

Lotta Q's I know, but any setting info you could provide would be helpful.

dave_o

Explorer
As for some random concepts I'd be interested in taking the reigns of--

• A bugbear or ogre pugilist who dresses in a shirt with rolled up sleeves, a bowler hat, trousers and suspenders
  • A mind flyer obsessed with steam reasoning-machines
  • A barghest serial killer a la Jack the Ripper
  • A dwarven zeppelin pirate
  • A pixie street urchin
  • An ogre militia/police officer

NPC Lord

First Post
ok, here is a bit of info on the world of Teira(pronounced teer-a).
Teira is a strange world, where anceint sorceries exist alongside modern steam-machines. The history of teira is long and bizzare, but the most signifficant event is by far the Cataclysm, the pulse of energy that resulted after the war between good and evil spilled into the mortal realm. The time that followed was known as The Age of Strife.Durring this time, the world struggled to get by, as the Cataclysm nullified magic. However, this was also an age of discovery, as with magic gone, the peoples of the world began to look to a new kind of magic: science.
By the time magic returned, technology had become an everyday part of life. wheither it be hunting with a rifle, or the great air-bases of the millitary. unfortunatly, technology doesn't always fall into good hands. Orc bandits, with pistols, rifles, and even wartraks(psuedo-tanks) and spitfires(small airships).millitary tech has vastly improved, featuring wartraks, spitfires, reavers( troop transport), and warjacks( for more info on theese, check out iron kingdoms.com)

Last edited:

NPC Lord

First Post
as for the tone of the game, its sort of a dark, high-fantasy steampunk, sort of a fusion of shadowrun, iron kingdoms, and, as far as certain cultures go, warhammer, both fantasy&40k. stuff is one of three things: pure steamtech, pure magic, or magitech. magitech is the natural progression in a world with both magic and technology. most common stuff is pure steam, but certain things, aka flying fortresses the size of citys, require a bit of help.

Remove ads