• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting -- S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Jeriko ir'Tharashk, half-orc duskblade

Jeriko ir'Tharashk

[sblock=stats]Male Half-Orc Duskblade 8
Alignment: N
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 215 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Dark Brown
XP: 8th Level
AP: 8

Str: 18 (+4) [8 points] (+2 Racial, +1 4th level)
Dex: 14 [12] (+2) [4 points] (+2 gloves of dexterity)
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 15 (+2) [10 points] (-2 Racial, +1 8th level)
Wis: 10 (0) [2 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [2 points] (-2 Racial)[/sblock][sblock=Abilities]Racial Abilities: Darkvision 60', Orc Blood

Class Abilities:
Arcane Attunement (Sp): dancing lights, detect magic, flare, ghost sound, read magic combined 5x per day.
Armored Mage (Ex): can cast in medium armor and heavy shield with no chance of spell failure.
Combat Casting: +4 bonus on Concentration checks made to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability while on the defensive or while you are grappling or pinned.
Arcane Channeling (Su): cast touch spells as standard action (casting time must be 1 standard action or less) and deliver through melee attack. Does not provoke AoO. Resolve weapon damage first, then effect of spell.
Quick Cast: can cast one spell each day as a swift action (casting time must be 1 standard action or less).
Spell Power (Ex): injuring an opponent with a melee attack gives caster a +2 bonus to overcome opponent's SR[/sblock][sblock=Spells]Spells Per Day: 6/8/7

Duskblade Spells Known (CL8): [Melee touch attack +12; Ranged touch attack +9]
2nd (7/day) - dimension hop [Mel Touch, teleport 20', Wil DC 14], ghoul touch [Mel Touch, For DC 14, paralyze + stench], scorching ray [Rng Touch, 2 rays, 4d6 fire], swift invisibility
1st (8/day) - ray of enfeeblement [Rng Touch, 1d6+4 Str], resist energy [DR 10 energy, 80 min dur], shocking grasp [Mel Touch, 5d6 damage], swift expeditious retreat [+30 move, 8 min dur], true strike
0 (6/day) - acid splash [Rng Touch, 1d3 acid], disrupt undead [Rng Touch, 1d6 to undead] , ray of frost [Rng Touch, 1d3 cold], touch of fatigue [Mel Touch, For DC 12 or target fatigued (no run/charge, -2 Str/Dex), 8 rnd dur][/sblock][sblock=Combat Stats]Hit Dice: 8d8+16 = (6+6+6+6+6+6+6+6)+16
HP: 64
AC: 17 (10+5 [mithral shirt +1]+2 [Dex])
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft

Saves:
For: 9 [+6 base, +2 Con, +1 cloak]
Ref: 5 [+2 base, +2 Dex, +1 cloak]
Wil: 7 [+6 base, +0 Wis, +1 cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +8/+3, Grapple +12
Melee Atk: +14 [glaive +1; 1d10+7/x3] or +13 [mw falchion; 2d4+6/18-20 x2]
Range Atk: +11 [mw c. longbow 1d8+4/x3]
Full Atk: +14/+9 [glaive], +13/+8 [falchion], +11/+6 [c. longbow][/sblock][sblock=Skills and Feats]Skills:
Craft (metalworking): 10 = 8 + 2
Craft (stonemason): 11 = 9 + 2
Craft (woodworking): 11 = 9 + 2
Knowledge (arch/engi): 11 = 9 + 2
Knowledge (geography): 11 = 9 + 2

Feats:
1st: Power Attack
3rd: Weapon Focus (glaive)
6th: Short Haft [PHB II]

Languages: Common, Orc[/sblock][sblock=Equipment]mithral shirt +1 (2100)
masterwork longbow, composite (+4 Str) (800)
+1 glaive, spell storing (8308)
handy haversack (2000)
gloves of dexterity +2 (4000)
cloak of resistance +1 (1000)
necklace of fireballs type VI (8100)
masterwork falchion (375)
arrows, 40 (2)
bedroll (1 sp)
blanket, winter (5 sp)
crowbar (2)
manacles (15)
manacles, small (15)
rope, silk 50' (10)
tent (10)
rations, trail (2 weeks) (7)

Encumbrance:

Money: 255 gp 4 sp[/sblock][sblock=Portrait]
Git.jpg

[/sblock][sblock=Background]Jeriko was born and raised in the Shadow Marches, which was typical of half-orcs in Khorvaire. His race's propensity for strength meant that Jeriko would spend his youth doing hard labour. He bore no Dragonmark, and thus was dismissed as "just another grunt" in the daily workings of House Tharashk.

As he matured, Jeriko found that he actually enjoyed working with his hands. During the rare moments that he was not hauling, dragging, or pushing something, he spent his time studying architecture of the various races, secretly dreaming of a day when he might build his own home far away from the drudgery of the House.

Visitors from all walks of life came to House Tharashk in hopes of questing for dragonshards, or hiring skilled trackers to help find their lost items, and sometimes, lost people. Jeriko possessed no tracking skills, and no one seemed interested in training him. No, he was far too valuable as a laborer to spend additional resources on formal training. Jeriko was a patient man, and so he continued to dream as a means of escape from the drudgery of daily life.

During the construction of a new wing, an accident caused a stone wall to collapse, burying several potential clients who were visiting the grounds. Jeriko was quick on the scene and managed to free one of the victims, a half-elven warrior. In gratitude, the half-elf offered Jeriko a job as a bodyguard. Jeriko explained that he had no weapon training; the half-elf assured him that training would be provided, and then some. Jeriko cleared the new position with the House, and after some convincing (and coin), Jeriko was permitted to leave as a representative of the House.

The half-elf trained Jeriko personally in the warrior arts. Once Jeriko proved himself competent, he was then shown a rare technique which, the half-elf explained, was normally reserved for elves and their ilk. The half-elf had no love for his elven heritage or traditions, favoring instead the opportunistic nature of his human blood. The half-elf felt that, as a half-breed, Jeriko should be given the same opportunities as himself. Jeriko was shown how to combine the warrior arts and the study of the arcane, becoming a Duskblade by trade.[/sblock][sblock=Personality]Jeriko shares many similar personality traits as his orc heritage - gruff, terse, and a bit temperamental. This is not because he is simple - quite the opposite, in fact. Jeriko feels that no effort should be wasted (as he feels that his youth was largely wasted on menial tasks) and has little patience for people who squander his time and energy. He is not reckless; he will take the time to plan a proper strategy before acting on an endeavor. His specialty in polearm fighting stems from the thought that keeping an enemy at length is a good way to stay alive; make the enemy come to yourself, where you dictate the terms of the combat. Despite his harsh past, he still has a passion for construction and still longs to create his dream home - or castle.[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
3.5 Edition rules
# of characters: 7 or 8
Level: 8th
Starting Equipment: 27K (8th) -- no item more than 1/2
Alignment: No requirement, but if you plan an evil character, a good reason, plus a good cover, would be required.
Ability Generation: 32 point buy
Hit Points: Max HP at 1st level, leveling up, take 3/4 of the maximum possible roll for your hit points. For classes using a d6 or d10, round down, but make it up at the next level.
Source Material: Core + Complete Series, Magic Item Compendium, Eberron Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, subject to approval by me. No: Incarnum, Tome of Battle, Psionics
Setting: Eberron -- so only races present on Eberron would qualify.
Speed: Very important: I try to post once a day, I am looking for a fast paced game, but allowing time for character development and interaction with the world. This is a long series of modules, so I am looking for people into it for the long haul. Your posting record will be looked into and used with your character concept submission.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Yup, I followed those guidelines... of course, I took a class and feat from the PHB2. Does everything look okay? I don't trust my own numbers.

GladiusNP

First Post
Thanor

I did change his STR, lowered his CHA, and recalculate his HP. He uses the same weapons and gear, but I changed him to a straight fighter/defender, giving him some feats to boost his effectiveness with his axe. I left skills the same, and noticed his defender AC bonus seemed to be missing.

Name: Thanor Spikeshield
Class: Fighter 7/Dwarven Defender 1
Race: Dwarf
Size: Medium
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Dol Dorn

Str: 16 +3 (10p.) Level: 8 XP: 28,000
Dex: 14 +2 (6p.) BAB: +8/+3 HP: 114 (8d10+1d12+40+3)
Con: 20 +5 (8p.) Grapple: +11 Dmg Red: NA
Int: 10 +0 (2p.) Speed: 20' Spell Res: NA
Wis: 10 +0 (2p.) Init: +2 Spell Save: +X
Cha: 10 +0 (4p.) ACP: -6 Spell Fail:--

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +9 +3 +2 +0 +0 +1 25
Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 23

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 7 +5 +11
Ref: 2 +2 +4
Will: 4 +0 +2 +6

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
+1 Shock Dwarven Waraxe +13 1d10+4+2+(1d6) x3
MW Dagger +12 1d4+3 19-20/x2
Spined Shield (3/day) +12 1d10 19-20/x2 120’

Languages: Common, Dwarven

Abilities: AC Bonus (+1), Defensive Stance (1/day)

Feats: (7 feats, 4 bonus) Iron Will (1st), Endurance (3rd), Toughness (6th)

Dodge, Weapon Focus (Dwarven Waraxe), Weapon Specialization (Dwarven Waraxe), Power Attack

Skill Points: 16 Max Ranks: 10/5
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Climb 5 +3 +8
Craft (Armorsmithing) 2 +0 +2
Handle Animal 2 +0 +2
Intimidate 5 +0 +5
Ride 2 +2 +4

Equipment: Cost Weight
+1 Shocking Dwarven Waraxe 8330gp 8lb
MW Dagger 302gp 1lb
+1 Full Plate of
Nimbleness 5800gp 50lb
Spined Shield 5580gp 15lb
Crystal of Arrow
Reflection (lesser) 2500gp
Greatreach Bracers 2000gp --
Heward’s Handy
Haversack 2000gp 5lb
Whetstone
20 Tindertwigs 20gp
4 Sunrods 8gp (4lb)
50’ silk rope 10gp (1lb)
2 Thunderstones 60gp (2lb)
2 flasks acid 40gp (2lb)
2 vials antitoxin 100gp
Clay Tankard 2cp (1lb)
MW Artisan’s tools 55gp (5lb)
3 Potions CLW 150gp

Total Weight:79lb Money: 42gp 9sp 8cp

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 58 116 175 350 775

Height: 4’3”"
Weight: 166lb
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Black
Skin: Weathered

GladiusNP

First Post
Sorry for the delay is changing him - I kept putting it off and finally got on to it on a rainy saturday morning. I will stick my head in on the IC thread and catch up on what we are up to...

Rathan

First Post
Whelp.... This is my first run at a character... bare with my mistakes I'm not used to much of anything but the core classes....

[sblock= Rugen Tynus]
Name: Rugen Tynus
Race: Dwarf
Class: Samurai
Alignment: LN

Str: 18 (+4) (+2 Level) [10 Points]
Dex: 12 (+1) [4 Points]
Con: 18 (+4) (+2 Racial, +2 Enhancement) [6 Points]
Int: 10 (+0) [2 Points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 Points]
Cha: 12 (+1) (-2 Racial) [6 Points]

HP: 94 / 94
AC: 21 [10 Base, +1 Dex, +10 Armor]
BAB: +8/+3

Saves:
Fort: +10 [+6 Base, +4 Con]
Refl: +3 [+2 Base, +1 Dex]
Will: +3 [+2 Base, +1 Wis]

Attacks:
Katana (Bastard Sword): +15 to Hit, 1d10+6 dmg 18-20 x2
Wakizashi (Short Sword) +15 to Hit, 1d6+6 to dmg 19-20 x2
Two Weapon Attack: +13/+13 to Hit
Full Round Attack: +13/+13/+8
Specials: Daisho Prof., Two Swords as One, Kiai Smite 1/day, Iaijutsu Master

Feats: Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Short Sword), Improved Critical (Bastard Sword)

Skills: (Max Ranks 11, 6 Cross Class)
Craft (Weaponsmithing) +4 [4 Ranks, +0 Int]
Diplomacy +6 [5 Ranks, +1 Cha]
Intimidate +10 [9 Ranks, +1 Cha]
Knowledge (History) +5 [5 Ranks, +0 Int]
Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +5 [5 Ranks, +0 Int]
Sense Motive +6 [5 Ranks, +1 Wis]

Regular Equipment: (Total Spent in GP: 37)
Backpack
Bedroll
Scroll Case
Flint and Steel
Belt Pouch x5
Waterskin x2
Whetstone
10 Days Trial Rations
10 Sunrods

Magic Equipment: (668 gp left over)
+2 Katana (Bastard Sword) [8,335 gp]
+2 Wakizashi (Short Sword) [8,310 gp]
Amulet of Health +2 [4,000 gp]
Platemail +2 [5,650 gp]
6 Potions of CLW's [300 gp]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm not sure whether my character is approved for Team Gold... is there something about my character that doesn't meet the criteria?

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
@gladiusnp - thanks for posting your Thanor update. I'll look it over shortly.

@herobizkit - you are definitely approved for team gold -- I just need to give it a more in depth look, but looks good

@rathan - not familiar with the samurai, so i'll need to check up on it on crystalkeep -- then give it a once over.

@scottdewar - yes! or, for team gold, i am allowing new pc's as well.

Rathan

First Post
I've noticed a lot of meaty type characters out there to take over open slots or revamped characters playing currently...

I'm not 100% sold on the samurai at all so if someone would suggest a better needed class or combination of classes I'll be more than happy to listen :D

Remove ads