Recruiting to playtest Steel Dragon's World of Orea RPG: D&D 1 & 2e base +

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
John the dead, AKA No-Shadow John, AKA Bet-It-All Johnny

Level 1 Rogue, Dual Wielder 1
Human male freelander
0 of 1000 XPs

attachment.php

(It's the hand you don't see you have to worry about.)

Eyes: Brown
Hair: Was brown, now slate grey. Hacked short.
Skin: Pale. (As the child of a farmer, he takes it as a point of pride!)
Build: Average
Distinguishing marks: No shadow (and no soul)
Alignment: Chaotic good.

STR 15 +2
DEX 17 +4 (+10% XP)
CON 15 +2
INT 9
WIS 9
CHA 14 +1

Offensive/Defensive
AC: 10 (1 Level + 4 Dex + 5 Studded) +1 when Parrying
HP: 12
Short Sword
Dagger

Maneuvers and Powers
-> Dual Wielder 1: 1 attack/round/weapon, Str bonus to dam on only one
Parry: -1 Attack cancels one melee attack and gives +Rank to AC​
-> Sneak Attack: +2 to hit base AC, +5 damage.
-> WP: Short Sword, Dagger, Bow
-> Languages: Common, Thieves Cant, Sylvan(unconsciously)

Skills Skill Mastery class feature included (+1 to all skills)
Athletics 5(3 + 2 Str)
Climbing/Footing 7(3 + 4 Dex)
Disarm Device 7 or 3(3 + 4 Dex or 0 Int)
Gambling 2(2 + 0 Int)
Stacks with Sleight of Hand when cheating
Planar Knowledge 2(2 + 0 Int, Unconscious)
Search 3(3 + 0 Int)
Sleight of Hand 7(3 + 4 Dex)
Stealth 7 or 3(3 + 4 Dex or 0 Int)
Equipment
Soft-leather boots with hidden sheathes
Short-sword with plain leather grips X 2 [Concealed]
Loose pantaloons (with strategically placed slits to draw his weapons)
Braided rope belt with iron vampire beltbuckle
Plain knife and sheath (left side)
Purse (behind knife)
3 gold, 4 silver pieces​
Small beltpouch (right side)
Oil black (to stain his blades)
Oil flask (to feed the lantern)
Tinderbox with Flint and Steel
2 set of filed (one low, one high) and 1 set of straight dices
A well-used deck of cards​
Laced shirt and button vest
Studded leather armor under clothes
Twin leather vambraces (part of armor)
Heavy golden rings (AKA knuckle dusters, one with an inset stone for scratching) 20 gold value
Ragged cloak with deep hood
Bandana (to keep his hair in check)

Throwing daggers X 3 [Concealed] (He's not telling you where!)

Shoulder bag
Small hatchet (to break into coffins)
Hemp Rope (30', to draw the bodies out)
Simple grappler hook, padded with supple leather for stealth (to get over the cemetary walls)
Face cloth + spruce sap perfume bottle (to keep the smell out)
Bull's-eye lantern (with heavy lens to mute the glow to a minimum)
Couple of torches, just in case​

[sblock=Cost breakdown]Backpack/Shoulder bag = 20 sp
Small beltpouch = 5 sp
Lantern (Bull's-eye) = 50 sp
Oil X 2 = 20 sp
Rope (50') = 10 sp
Grappling hook = 100 sp
Flint and steel = 20 sp
Torches = 1 sp

Studded Leather armor = 600 sp

Dagger X 4 = 160 sp
Short Sword X 2 = 140 sp
Hatchet = 40 sp
Healing Kit = 100 sp (Carried by one of his comrades?)

1500 sp - 1266 spent = 234 sp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Put 2 of my SPs in Athletics, one in Planar Knowkedge (as discussed) and one in Gambling.

I can send/give you a complete list of Skills, with their descriptions, in a PM if that's agreeable. (you haven't seen that yet, have you?)
Please do, as well as the Gear's list. :)

Drawing Weapons
FYI the "modern" way is Drop a weapon = free action, Draw a weapon from a sheath=Move action or, if you have at least +1 BAB, you can draw a weapon as part of a move action. Drawing a concealed weapon is, I think, a standard action. As a rogue, John is going to be doing this a lot, so it might be worth defining more formally for this game.

Alright, lastly several mechanical questions:

- When can the Sneak Attack maneuver be used? Only when surprised? When the target looses its DEX bonus to AC? When the target is flanked?

- As mentionned above, does the Parry maneuver automatically cancel out one melee attack?

- You mentionned penalties to thieve skills if wearing armor heavier than Light. What are those penalties?

- You also mentionned bonuses from Dex if wielding "missile or single-handed weapons"?

Binder Fred

Sent you a PM about week ago. You still there Steeeldragons?

I've been reading (some of) the background material in the meanwhile, the Freelands stuff in particular. What do you think of starting things off in Threeways? Not as big as Andril but still a sizeable city, with those neat temples to the great evils and relative nearness to the Elfwood for those Faye influences. :)

Things to do in Threeways:
Pilfer from a cemetery/try to snatch a dead body
Steal from one of the temples of evil
Gamble for high stakes with otherworldly/monstrous beings
Track down the present owner of his soul
Infiltrate El'Thriel (in search of Faye info/artifact/portals?) à la Bilbo's Myrkwood :)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sent you a PM about week ago. You still there Steeeldragons?

I'm here! I'm here! You did indeed PM me and I am sorry. Been busy. I will be responding to your queries directly....well, "directly" after I respond here. :)

I've been reading (some of) the background material in the meanwhile, the Freelands stuff in particular. What do you think of starting things off in Threeways? Not as big as Andril but still a sizeable city, with those neat temples to the great evils and relative nearness to the Elfwood for those Faye influences. :)

Things to do in Threeways:
Pilfer from a cemetery/try to snatch a dead body
Steal from one of the temples of evil
Gamble for high stakes with otherworldly/monstrous beings
Track down the present owner of his soul
Infiltrate El'Thriel (in search of Faye info/artifact/portals?) à la Bilbo's Myrkwood :)

Great ideas, all! I had not considered starting you off in a city...but since it seems we will be solo-ing (at least to begin) makes sense for a rakish rogue such as yourself. I think John will thoroughly enjoy Threeways...possibly a bit too much. :devil:

Now, let me get to those other issues. Look for a PM later today.

One question that comes to mind...would you like to start with a connection to the Threeways thieves' guild, perhaps, at least, a contact?...or just on your own? Totally up to you, I can work it either way. There are no starting "contact" rules or anything, but I have no problem if you wanted one.

Binder Fred

Hm, good question... I think to start he would know people who *are* in the Thieves Guild - socially/by reputation? - but not be part of it himself (yet?). At this point (and this is all in my head, entirely open to your (behind-the-scene?) input/tweaks and dowright re-think) I'm seeing him as part of a small group of young thugs operating on the edge of official Guild business and so far too small-time to really bother with (3 to 5 guys and galls, I would think (you need at least three to do a proper cemetary robbing: one watcher, two diggers, etc)). These guys, I'm thinking - those that actually go out on that first mission with him - would be NPCs destined to be creatively disposed of/imprisoned/cut off from/disappeared in the early scene(s) to put some drama/horror/tension in -- though who knows? Some of them might actually make it. :devil: What do you think?

Re character growth, in Chuubo terms I'm seeing John as beeing on an Emptiness arc to begin with (changes: What value a soul?). Probably culminating with the realization that he does need one to be satisfied/complete -- possibly after he gets something he really wanted (riches? Status? Fame/recognition?) and it fails to make him happy? (Not that you need to be missing a soul for that to happen, granted :)) I don't know. (Not to say he can't discover clues, meet people/creatures or take actions towards recovering his soul before then either, of course, but it's probably going to be more in a 'eh, why not' or 'gambler's pride/I can win *this* time!' sort of a mood rather than in earnest). That could then synch into an Obsession quest (Getting my soul back will solve all my problems)... Or we could fast-forward him at or near that psychological point at the start if you'd prefer to jump right into the soul searching? <pun intended>

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Well, it sounds good to me. I'll start you in Threeways. You can have a small apartment/room in a boarding house where you've been crashing in one of the less affluent parts of town...or the "hideout" of this small band (I'll say 3 for now) of minor footpads if you prefer. You may create a small write up for 1 "contact" in this group, let's say a young human and I'll leave the rest of the details up to you. You can consider this person a trustworthy (as trustworthy as any thief could be) friendly sort who will be willing to help you [mostly with information, but possibly with minor heists or missions as well]. You can include a few personality traits, but I will control them as an NPC. They should not be thought of as a "hireling" or "henchman", per se. At least not to begin with though you could certainly make them such in time if you want...and they don't die or get into some fall out with you. ;)

I will not presume to tell you where your character is psychologically. That's all up to you. I'm just plopping you into the city. What you do/where you go/hunt for from there is up to you. Say you've been in Threeways for about a month and have been associating with these folks for a couple of weeks. The contact and you hit it off from the start. You've been getting acquainted with a couple of the more minor gambling dens and having fun while breaking even enough that you haven't accrued any debts as of yet.

How's all of that sound?

Here's the alignment parameters as defined in the World of Orea. I would prefer he not be any evil alignment, but since you are on your own for now, it really is up to you and the relationships you define with others will tell how things progress. Also, keep in mind that as a Thief class you are prohibited from being any Lawful alignment but are not restricted from being Good.

Alignment
The “forces of Good” and the “forces of Evil”, agents of “Order” and champions of “Chaos,” are real and palpable forces in Orea (and the various dimensions that surround it). All sides have their own champions, power-mongers, even entire races devoted to or created by them, and gods vying for control and/or seeking to maintain a balance between them. These abstractions of forces and attitudes are categorized and organized by Alignment.

Your character’s alignment is a general combination of personal attitudes, beliefs and philosophy. The PC’s alignment and how closely they adhere to it and conduct themselves is the objective difference between “hero” and “villain” though circumstances can easily lead to either being perceived as the other.
Predominantly, alignment offers a way for the player to keep the character’s ethics and morals in mind and play them accordingly. It gives an “out of game” label for the PC’s “in-game” philosophy, world view and explicit or implied codes of conduct.

The world of Orea includes 9 possible alignments organized along two axises: The “Law - Chaos” axis and the “Good - Evil” axis, with “Neutrality” at the crossroads.

The first axis speaks to the PC’s ethics, how much the PC values or gives importance to the ideals of Law and/or Order vs. Freedom and/or Chaos.
The other axis defines the PC’s morals, how much they value others vs. self, the importance of life and creation vs. death and/or destruction.
Using these combinations we have the range of 9 possible Alignments. As in all beliefs and personal views, idealists and/or extremists of any alignment are possible, though for most PCs alignment is a guideline, a range of acceptable behaviors and attitudes.

Lawful Good (LG): “The Crusader” and/or “the Eternal Innocent.” The Lawful Good character is an idealist with a sincere desire to attain and live by those ideals. The LG PC believes and strives to make things how they “should be”, rising above how things “are.” They do not lie or cheat. They will not harm an enemy who yields/surrenders nor torture captives. They will not disobey a law(s), so long as it does not oppress or cause harm to the innocent, and will always show respect for authority.

Order is very important, often in the belief that it leads to Peace and stability. “Justice” is also important, automatically associated with “doing good” and “maintaining order”. Devotion to order and the “strength of character” to maintain a disciplined life, set in the context of a strict ethical and moral code, is common.

Compassion, honesty, justice, and the ideal of “goodness” are associated with the Lawful Good character.

Neutral Good (NG): “The Good Person” and/or “Doing the Right Thing”. The Neutral Good character has little to no interest in what is “Lawful” or “Chaotic.” If a law is harmful to people, it is ‘wrong.” If chaos and disorder are tearing apart a community it is equally “wrong.” The PC has a strong moral barometer that is not easily swayed by arguments of law or temptations of chaos, nor a desire to engage in the extremism of either. Their ethics are malleable so long as the ends serve the greater Good...as they define it.

Chaotic Good (CG): “The Noble Loner” and/or “The Rebel”. The Chaotic Good adventurer is interested in making sure nothing threatens the side of good nor impedes their individual freedom (or the freedoms of others). Their ethical code is summed by the phrase, “whatever it takes.” If they have to lie, cheat, steal or kill to further the cause of good they will do so with little to no remorse. The word of “authority” or “law” hold meaning only if they work toward the Good and/or betterment of the people. They seek to further their causes by the exercise of freedoms, encourage their individual strengths.
Morally, they are as other Good PCs. It is wrong to harm innocents. It is wrong to oppress the weak. It is wrong to promote evil acts...though how the Chaotic Good characters defines “innocent”, “weak” or “evil” might be very different than, say, the Lawful Good character.

Lawful Neutral (LN):
“The Judge.” A Lawful Neutral character has all of the strict discipline and belief in Order without compunctions toward “good” or “evil.” They seek Truth and believe upholding Law to be of the utmost importance, as Law (moreso than anything else) breeds and supports Order. Only through maintaining Order can the stability of society be maintained.

Their unwavering regard for truth make LN a common alignment among clerics and mages who prize divination magic. Lawful Neutral is also the perfect alignment for soldiers and guards, as they are prone to uphold laws and follow orders.

Neutral or “True” Neutral (N): “The Arbitrator” and/or “The Apathetic.” A truly Neutral character can be somewhat enigmatic. In arguments of Restraint vs. Freedom, Law vs. Chaos, and even Good vs. Evil, the Neutral PC has no (or little) preference.

This can be born of a lack of concern. The PC simply doesn’t care about the ethics or moral implications of anything, only what is beneficial or disadvantageous for them. There is a selfishness to this sort of PC without the cruelty or heartlessness of an Evil character.

Another option for a True Neutral PC is a belief in a “universal/cosmic Balance.” Clashes of morals or ethics are not overly concerning because the universe will take care of itself...things will work out as they “should” or “are meant to.”

The other way one might treat this esoteric balance is to fight for it. In other words, if Chaos or Law, Good or Evil start to spread too far, “imbalancing” the balance, the True Neutral actively opposes that force to help maintain or restore the balance between Law/Chaos, Good/Evil, Creation/Destruction, whatever it happens to be. Such is the primary goal and mission of the Druids of the Ancient Order of Mistwood. They get involved when the cosmos is “out of whack.” There is no reason a non-druid PC couldn’t maintain the same philosophy.

Chaotic Neutral (CN): “The Free Spirit” and/or “The Loose Cannon”. A player choosing to be Chaotic Neutral need not be insane (though certainly could be as “disturbed” as any alignment). “Unpredictable” most certainly, “disruptive” perhaps, but not insane.

They hold no ethical qualms or chains to upholding order or respect for the law or authority. Morally, they are freed of the constraints of good or evil feeling no obligation to bettering society or its downfall. They simply wish to be allowed to pursue their own interests without judgements or obligation to anyone but themselves and their pursuits. One’s personal freedom is paramount. All of this totals up to Chaotic Neutrals not, necessarily, being the best at working with an adventuring group as they might take off on their own agenda. They are often seen as a disruption or require a keen eye and/or firm hand to keep in line (or at least a lot of patience).

Lawful Evil (LE): “The Megalomaniac” and/or “The Dominator”. Power is the absolute ideal. Exercising that power and increasing it is the most noble endeavor. Enforcing one’s power is the best way to promote Order...or, rather, Order is the best means to promote and increase one's power. There is an “honor” to the Lawful evil character lacking among other evil alignments. They are willing to make a deal and keep their word...if it promotes their desired Order and preserves their power. They admire structure and function well in a chain of command, unless there is an exposed weakness in that chain that can be exploited for more power. Worthy superiors are due obedience, if not respect. Inferiors are due nothing. Betrayal is to be expected from those beneath you and dealt with harshly.

In general, one’s ethics matter. One’s morals, however, do not...or rather, are decidedly “evil.” Lying, stealing (probably more “taking by force” than subtle theft), killing, torture, threats and cruelty are all justified in the course of procuring power for one’s self and/or superiors. Another creature, creation itself, only has value insofar as they can benefit (promote the power of) the LE character. Domination over those weaker than you is the natural order of things. Weakness is repugnant. “Mercy” is a cry of the weak who, by definition, require domination to serve the greater glory that is the LE character’s personal power. Lawful Evil is epitomized by the iron-fisted tyrant, the would-be world-conquerer, paladins and clerics of gods (or powerful devils) who promote domination and/or covet power (often through force), and politicians or nobles looking to wrangle their way up the proverbial ladder to power.

Neutral Evil (NE):
“The Villain” and/or “Doing the Wrong Thing”. The Neutral Evil character has the ethical ambiguity of the Neutral Good. Lying, cheating, telling the truth, playing by the rules... order, freedom, law and chaos mean very little to the NE character. So long as they get what they want, their ends are met...their means require no consideration of conscience so long as they get the ends they desire.

The morals of NE are the quintessential villain. They are always out for their own gains. Period. Always scheming about whatever their next move will be. The feelings, beliefs and lives of others are of no consequence if they get in the way.

Neutral Evil does not have the bent for pointless destruction of the Chaotic Evil or the structured desire for domination of the Lawful Evil. It is pure selfishness without concern for any other person, cause or society. If they want power, they’ll do whatever they can to get it. Or gold or revenge, a thrill or a comfort, it doesn’t matter what the “it” of the moment is. They’ll do whatever they need to get what they want.
Cruelty, oppression, destruction...abiding by or using the Law (if it’s in their favor!), all of these things can be entertaining or even “fun.” If they are necessary to achieve the Neutral Evil’s goals, so be it.

Chaotic Evil (CE):
“The Destroyer” and/or “The Corruptor”. The Chaotic Evil character accepts, and enjoys, the savagery and cruelty in the world and contributing to it. They have little concern for, well, anything. The promotion of destruction and the downfall of others: individuals, whole societies, ideals or causes, seems their only concern. “Kill it. Smash it. Destroy it. Corrupt it. Enslave it.” Hatred and anger rule the CE’s mind and motivations.

Laws and Order do not matter except to tear them down. Morals do not exist at all or exist solely for the purpose of tempting and tearing down those who do value them. Concepts of things like life, beauty, peace, love, all things considered “good” are worthless and, perhaps worse, they are weak. Anything weaker than the CE character deserves to be enslaved or consumed in their hatred. Demons (and those who follow them) are the literal embodiment of Chaotic Evil. A character does not so much choose this alignment as much as is indoctrinated or forced to it through cruel circumstance, upbringing, brainwashing or is simply psychotic or deranged and, well ...evil.

Changing Alignment
For a player to deliberately change a character’s alignment after play begins is fairly rare. But sometimes circumstances in-game can cause a change in a character’s behavior or outlook that might impact their alignment. If the player sincerely wants to alter their character’s alignment because of story-related or “character growth” reasons, etc... that is the player’s prerogative. They can roleplay the change, accordingly, over time.

The DM is empowered to offer warnings and/or alter the PC’s alignment if the character’s behaviors are deliberately and consistantly outside their proposed alignment. Putting Lawful Good on your character sheet and then slaughtering and pillaging, for example.

For certain classes, Paladins and Druids in particular, a change in alignment could result in the loss of a PC’s abilities and powers.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Cool to see more games in that world. My own group is meeting to play again this summer, and I hope to have the spring session up in SHs asap.

And if you have space for a neutral good urchin (probably wizard or cleric based) which might need to be rescued first, I'm in. I will not always be able to post much, though, recovering from major surgery which may affect me for months to come. I'd also need help with the CS because right now, numbers are my enemy (still anemic so my brain fizzles easily).

Binder Fred

Would he be likely to need his rescuing in a cemetary at night by any chance? ;)

Well, it sounds good to me. I'll start you in Threeways. You can have a small apartment/room in a boarding house where you've been crashing in one of the less affluent parts of town...or the "hideout" of this small band (I'll say 3 for now) of minor footpads if you prefer.
Think I would, actually. How about one of the two options below? Any one of those strike your fancy? (And Lwaxy too, if you have a preferance?)

Hideout idea 1 (From the stony ashes): A half-basement with walls of cemented round cobbles, low ceiling arches and a short open staircase leading up to the street in a rough, half-abandoned part of town. Was once topped by two-stories of half-timbered house (an inn?) that have since been abandoned, partially burned and, in the case of most of the second story and roof, downright fallen over (a curse/haunting/grisly murder/tragic events?). They've been slowly stealing furniture to furnish the place like a real thieves den ever since. Still, it has a tendency to flood when it rains for more than a day and everything smells faintly of smoke but it's theirs until somebody bigger can wrestle it from them! They've put out colourful makeshift awnings in front, partially under what left of the overhanging second story, with a ringed firepit front and center, and that's where they do most of their communal living, partying and cooking anyways. Has side (stairs) and back access (a camouflaged set of stones that are not, in fact, cemented to the rest anymore :)).

Hideout idea 2 (Eagle's nest): One of those third-story bridging rooms in one of the more crowded parts of town, close-in to the central fortress <assuming there is one?>. Technically once a corridor connecting a rich-man's houses, it's long since been sold off, partitioned, burned down, rebuilt and re-partitioned again until eight families now live in the two linked buildings (not counting themselves), each with pieces of the deed or renting it from someone who does. Note that they don't own any space in either of the connecting houses, just the bridge itself. The climb can get pretty annoying at times, particularly when you're carrying up anything heavy, like pails of water or one half of a drunk comrade, and it's not in the best of repairs (the whole thing will fall down one of these days, mark my words, or the stove will fall through), but it does offer protection from the rain, at least some kind of a view, *and* unparalleled roof access (for those discreet coming and goings, don't you know :)).

g_14054.jpg

You may create a small write up for 1 "contact" in this group, let's say a young human and I'll leave the rest of the details up to you.
Hm, don't know if you'll allow it but how about something a bit out of the ordinary for the contact (for that Fantasy feel)? (If not I'll probably go for Big John instead).

Contact: Rust-Stalker, a gnoll bard. Seven-foot of pure savagery, or so the un-initiated would assume. Black-clawed and grey-pelted, the creature resembles a demonic hyena standing on two legs, its powerful muscles covered in... a sensible leather jerkin over black and white woolens??? Only (grinning) concession to type, around its waist sits a barbaric belt of rusty chains and crude children skulls in shining, polished brass. No visible weapons anywhere. Despite all that - the civilized clothes, the lack of weapons - one look into its eyes is usually enough for most people: this is definitively not human, not even remotely. And it knows. And it grins in that knowledge.

Rust-Stalker is actually a mechanical genius when it comes to locks, traps and even clockwork devices. Very, *very* intelligent, he uses his appearance to the fullest, yet is still somehow the most connected and artistic of the group, knowing the strangest (and often the most useful) of people and creatures. From what they've been able to gather, he was captured and brought as a pup to one of the city's more disturbing freak shows, where he grew up- well let's just say 'in strange company'. Big John, the owner of their hideout and un-official leader of the band, murdered his way into that show and eventually freed him when he was still something like 3 or 4 years old. Since then he's been growing up with the big guy as his unofficial father figure, doing pretty much what he wants when he wants it, wandering about the city roofs and alleys at pretty much all hours of the day and night when the band leader doesn't need him for something. And, as mentioned, picking up the weirdest bits of info, people and sometimes even gear in the process...

He and Small John (the Dead one) hit it off right from the start. John especially likes the little shiver of fear that always comes with discussing -well- *anything* with a seven-foot-tall cannibal predator from a different culture! Half-tamed doesn't even begin to cover it! How's that for feeling alive?

How's all of that sound?
Perfect! I'll be going for Chaotic Good for his alignement, though just on the border with Chaotic Neutral since he lost his soul (Not that he was very deep into Good territory before, granted :)).

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Sounds good to me. Welcome aboard Lawaxy. Happy to have you...even sporadically. Mage or Illusioinist or Cleric of your choice..any would work...

Though the idea of a cleric-urchin doesn't exactly jive...or, rather, isn't something I would have considered. I suppose you could/would have been in some temple for training and left for some reason? Been thrown out for some anti-tenet behaviors or assertions? But you still sense your connection to [deity of choice] and your prayers still seem to be answered. So...who knows what's going on...

Maybe you're in the cemetery [to hopefully get rescued] by some cultists who had infiltrated your temple...or, this being Threeways, might have just scooped you up off the street for one of the temples of the evil gods to be found there...figuring no one would miss this "first year" neophyte who was constantly getting into trouble, anyway.

BUT, if you rather a Wizard Class, there is the Mage, the regular "generalist" option, or World of Orea RPG offers a separate Illusionist specialist class, more 1e than 3e, separate spell list and the whole bit [I plan to do further mage specialties in later sets, but the beginner set would have Mage and Illusionist to start].

You can roll up abilities on Invisible Castle, 4d6 take the highest 3 for each ability and arrange as desired. If you prefer, I can roll them up for you.

Also, [MENTION=63746]Binder Fred[/MENTION], do make a note that with your Dexterity, you should/will receive a 10% XP bonus.

I really like the "stony ashes" option. Both are good/cool ideas. But I think the burnt out inn in a run down part of town works well. The gnoll...let me think about it...firstly, because there are no "gnolls" on Orea, but a race called the Grorn, also simply called "Beastmen", that are very similar but more wolf/jackal/desert-dwellers, still highly evil, savage, demon-worshippers, pack-hunters...but without the "crazy laughing hyena men" thing of gnolls that always kinda...bugged me. Still, your backstory is really easily applied to a grorn...would have been captured and brought back to Threeways as a curiosity/exotic creature...totally works/plausible...Threeways' diversity is likely that, while it is difficult to miss a 7 foot tall beastman, he wouldn't necessarily attract undue attention, as there are/could be bugbears, lizardmen, and others all on the same street...

Yeah. Let me think about it. But I'm leaning to "sure, why not?" haha.

Remove ads