Recruiting to playtest Steel Dragon's World of Orea RPG: D&D 1 & 2e base +

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Sorry for the slow answer, trying to coordinate my hospital appointments is a bit of a nightmare and tires me a lot ;)

If he (yes, it'll be a male gnome, pondering name) really has dwarf blood, then maybe we could just leave the 6 in STR because of that? Bit of inheritance from whoever was the dwarf in the tree. If that'sa no, I'll swap it for wisdom. I want to make the lil guy somewhat naive anyway.

The background idea was that this particular family of traveling gnomes had had a bout with slavery in the desert and blames an unknown dwarf clan for it. Which fits in well with the whole traveling show idea. He thus should know Rust-Stalker, probably more looks at him in awe than fear. As reliable contact, a prostitute sounds perfect. I can see my gnome, naive to the bone at that time, thinking he's helping a damsel in distress when she's arguing with a non-paying customer and only after the fact realizing what she is. He's not the judging type so would be happy to have a friend.

The prostitute, in turn, could, without his knowledge, blow up the story about a gnome helping her into some "gnome pimp" legend, especially if he's helped her again later. Poor gnome won't even know what a pimp exactly is and likely hear the stories about him wondering who that other gnome might be and why he hasn't met him yet. Not too much wisdom lol

I'll go over the rest once the pain killers work. B-)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Yeah. That's fine. Keep the 6 in Strength. I would think that's around where it should be anyway.

I hope your painkillers do the trick! :( Hope things go well with the hospital. Good luck and feel better soon.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
So I think John is ready to start, Steeldragons? Or is there something I missed?

Oh and thinking about it, this "so the traditional 'heroe rescue out of shared fellow feelings' is not too likely for a motivation here" remains true, but if the opposition looks formidable (and interresting) enough - well - the thrill-seeker in John might just have him jump-in anyways. Just for the rush. :devil: :devil:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
So I think John is ready to start, Steeldragons? Or is there something I missed?

Oh and thinking about it, this "so the traditional 'heroe rescue out of shared fellow feelings' is not too likely for a motivation here" remains true, but if the opposition looks formidable (and interresting) enough - well - the thrill-seeker in John might just have him jump-in anyways. Just for the rush. :devil: :devil:

So noted. And yes, I believe you are good to go, BF. If there's anything we've missed, we'll handle it in play/on the fly [if you didn't notice, I'm fairly laid back]. I'd just want to give Lwaxy a few to get caught up/have his character ready.

Otherwise, if [MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION] doesn't mind, I could start you off solo and we could introduce the gnome in-game shortly...?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
A couple of notes on spellcasting/selection, [MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION]

At first level, you'll start with 4 cantrips and 1 1st tier spell per day. your Intelligence of 15 gives you +2 bonus spell tiers per day of casting.

1 tier = 2 cantrips.

So you can, from day to day, decide if you want to take 2 extra 1st tier spells, 1 1st tier spell and 2 cantrips or 4 extra cantrip slots.

Cantrips are spontaneously cast. So you can choose them as the needs arise. You are still limited by what's in your grimoire and to 4 per day [+ however many extra slots you apply. Your Int. bonus makes that a maximum of 8.], but need not select 0 tier spells/commit them to memory each day. As you rise in level, your lower tiered spells will also become spontaneously cast (as you've seen in my Story Hour)...but that won't be until a minimum of 5th level. So we don't need to worry about that juuuuust yet.

The +2 bonus also gives you an additional 2 possible languages (if/when you choose to spend Skill Points on them) and +2 Skill Points to begin with.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ok guys.

I created the Rogues Gallery thread. So please port your PC info over there when you get a chance. Lwaxy, we can continue to work on your PC here until you have a complete form, if you like. But if you want to just post and edit in the RG as we go, that's fine too.

In Character "IC" thread will begin shortly, BF. I'm sure Johnnie is chompin' at the bit to get started....he'll learn soon enough. hehhehheh. :devil:

Binder Fred

Looking forward to regretting it. :)

Oh and done on the character sheet thing.

P.S. By the way, is there a specific name for this campaign or is it just "World of Orea"?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Looking forward to regretting it. :)

Oh and done on the character sheet thing.

P.S. By the way, is there a specific name for this campaign or is it just "World of Orea"?

As you've, no doubt, seen by now, I'm calling it "Shadows Loss." Taking a cue from your character, but don't think for a moment it's "all about you." hahaha. There will be a much grander scheme at work.

Binder Fred

Since we apparently got the time. :)

Is that maybe "Shadows lost", the story of shadows lost in the past/shadows that are lost, or maybe "Shadow's loss", a fancy way of saying 'the loosing of one's shadow", or even "Shadow loss", the act of lossing one's shadow and/or the loss one accumulates from lossing a shadow (as in: "My shadow loss is on the rise lately")? The only way I can wrap my head around the present spelling is if it's a place name, slightly deformed with time and usage?

Leif

Adventurer
Hiya, sd

So, are Binder Fred and Lwaxy still the only two takers so far with their Rogue (Thief?) and Illusionist, respectively? I could add a "Fafhrd"-type to your two "half-Grey Mousers" I suppose. Say, I'm thinking possibly a Half-Orc Fighter/Thief who doesn't get as much good as he could from his thief abilities because he likes to wear armor that's too heavy for skulking properly. Or, if a half-orc is either disallowed or just not palatable to other PCs, I could just make him a Human Fighter. Maybe even a Dwarf Fighter or Fighter/Thief, I guess.

But, most importantly, is recruiting still even open, sd??

Last edited:

Remove ads