• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruitment Full] [level 1 D&D] Storms of Change

silentspace

First Post
Curses! Tricked again by those sneaky players!

Wow, I hadn't thought about that!

Giving one of the 3.0 archer PrCs the Manyshot feat might be putting them over the top. I'll have to think about that. If I allow it, your friends might start to hate you :) Robin Hood will start to look like a pansy (not that he doesn't already, with those green tights!)

Seonaid

Explorer
Hello new people. :D

I don't know anything (i.e., I don't have any sourcebooks except the PHB), and I've never played a bard before, so I'm probably not going to multi-class or take any PrC's.

I'm liking the Blake character. The Romantics are my favorite writers. :)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Wemmic Foxburr

Wemmic Foxburr
Male Hafling Drd 1 of Obad Hai; Size S; HD 1d8+2; hp 10; Init +8 (+4 Dex, +4 Improved Init.); Spd 15 ft.; AC 20 (+3 Hide, +2 shield, +4 Dex, +1 size; 17 touch, 16 flat-footed); BAB +0; Atk +0 melee (sickle, 1d6/x2; cudgel, 1d6/x2), +6 ranged (sling, 1d4-1/x2/10 ft.); SA None; SQ See below; AL N; SV Fort +5 (+2 Con, +1 racial), Ref +5 (+4 Dex, +1 racial), Will +6 (+3 Wis, +1 racial); Str 8 (-1), Dex 18 (+4), Con 14 (+2), Int 10 (+0), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 10 (+0). Height 3 ft. 0 in., Weight 32 lb., Age 44 years.

Skills, Languages, and Feats (16 ranks, 2 languages, 1 feat): Animal Empathy +4 (4 ranks, 0 Cha), Concentration +6 (4 ranks, +2 Con), Handle Animal +2 (2 ranks, 0 Cha), Hide +8 (0 ranks, +4 Dex, +4 size), Knowledge/Nature +2 (2 ranks, 0 Int), Listen +5 (0 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 racial), Spot +3 (0 ranks, +3 Wis), Wilderness Lore +7 (4 ranks, +3 Wis); Common, Halfling; Improved Initiative. [Armor Check Penalty –5]

Halfling Abilities: Small size (+1 AC, +1 Attk, +4 Hide), base speed 20 ft., Athletic (+2 Climb, Jump, Move Silently), +1 racial bonus to all saves, +2 morale bonus to saves vs. fear effects, +1 attack bonus with thrown weapons, +2 bonus on Listen checks.
Druid Abilities: Divine spells, nature sense, animal companion (2 1 HD).

Spells per Day: 3/2, Save DC 10+3+level, Bonus Spells 0/1/1/1
Spells Prepared: Detect poison, guidance, know direction; pass without trace, obscuring mist.

Equipment: Hide armor, large wooden shield, sickle, cudgel, sling, belt pouch (10 sling bullets, holly, mistletoe), backpack (waterskin, rations/1 day, bedroll, sack, flint & steel, 3 torches), monk’s outfit, heavy cloak.

Money: 10 gp.

Personality and Description: Wemmic dresses in dark brown robes and wears a heavy cloak, the hood of which he pulls down low to hide his face. Despite looking somewhat like a 3 ft. tall ghost, Wemmic is cheerful and friendly. He's mostly afraid that, if he dresses differently, people won't take him or his personal philosophy seriously.

Background: Coming soon.

Alighieri and Milton
Badger animal companions; CR —; Tiny animal; HD 1d8+2; hp 6 each; Init +3 (Dex); Spd 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.; AC 15; Atk +5/+5/+0 melee (1d2-1/x2 claw; 1d3-1, bite); SA Rage; SQ Scent; AL N; SV Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1; Str 8, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6. Escape Artist +7, Listen +4, Spot +4; Weapon Finesse.

Rage (Ex): If it takes damage in combat, the badger flies into a rage until it's opponent is dead. While raging, it has: HD 1d8+4, hp 8, AC 13, Atk +5/+5/+0 melee (1d2+1/x2 claw, 1d3+1, bite); SV Fort +6; Str 12, Con 19. This rage cannot be ended voluntarily.

Jaggers
Medium-Size Animal; CR1; HD 2d8+4; hp 13; Init +2; Spd 40ft; AC 16 (touch 12, flat-footed 14); Atk +3 melee (1d6+3, bite); SA Trip; Face/Reach: 5x5/5; SQ Scent; AL N; SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1; Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6. Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +5, Wilderness Lore +1 (+4 when tracking) Possessions: military saddle, saddle bags, rations x7, waterskin x7

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
I'm just really getting into the Romantics, but I love the visionary/mystical aspect of Blake's work. To be honest, I'm more of a Victorian guy. Love my Tennyson and Browning. :)

Best,
tKL

Thels

First Post
I find it inferior to rapid shot. You don't get extra shots with it, just shoot everything at the same time.

Modifiers for 2, 3, 4 attacks:

Normal: 0/-5, 0/-5/-10, 0/-5/-10/-15
Rapid: -2/-2/-7, -2/-2/-7/-12, -2/-2/-7/-12/-17
Many: -4/-4, -6/-6/-6, -8/-8/-8/-8

So yeah, later on the last arrow is slightly better aimed than normal or with rapid, but you also don't get critical/sneak damage on more than one arrow either.

The only usefull thing of manyshot is that it's a standard action, so it works during the surprise round, when you still need to draw your bow, when you need to move around, when you receive extra attacks, etc...

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Kajamba Lion - So far so good. Can't wait to see your description :) I posted riding dog stats somewhere in the OOC thread if you want to just cut and paste.

Hurricain

First Post
silentspace said:
Curses! Tricked again by those sneaky players!

Wow, I hadn't thought about that!

Giving one of the 3.0 archer PrCs the Manyshot feat might be putting them over the top. I'll have to think about that. If I allow it, your friends might start to hate you :) Robin Hood will start to look like a pansy (not that he doesn't already, with those green tights!)

Well , I was looking at order of the bow. i have played an Arcane Archer before, which was really cool. But anyway , just let me know. If not ,don't worry about it , I can think of something else to play.

Oh ya , Robin hood ain't got nothin on me!

Remove ads