Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
You all follow Nyra a few yards into the trees behind where the illusory log was located. The lion stops at the spot where the source of the scent was obviously situated for a good while, but appears to be gone now, up into the wind itself.

[sblock=DC 15 Perception (Scent), Gamble Only]Once you get close enough, you all can catch the scent as well, and Gamble actually recognizes it! This is the smell of the tobacco that Holgast the sage was smoking this morning.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Courage

First Post
Gamble shakes his head. "Well, what do you know. I knew Jocyn and Holgast were up to something this morning." He turns to the others. "Holgast was here. And Lissa is probably right... probably by request of the mayor."

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
"We might as well continue on," Joseph says as he looks around. "I think this quest might be memorable whether we want it to be or not."[sblock=Actions]Sheathe Greatsword.[/sblock]

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
"Well, presumably, they think the heightened challenge and sense of danger will make us more well rounded individuals and when we get back and we will be better able to help the town. Or they could thinks it's all mighty funny and be laughing their asses off for the next several days. Either way."[sblock=Current Status] Joseph Gault (Male human fighter 1)
LN medium humanoid (human)
Str 18
Dex 13 Con 13 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 10

Key Skills Acrobatics -3, Bluff +0, Climb +4, Diplomacy +0, Escape Artist -3, Handle Animal +4, Heal +1, Intimidate +0,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Stealth -3, Survival +5, Swim +4

Init +1 Spd 20 ft. Senses Normal vision (normal light); Perception +1
AC 16, touch 11, FF 15 HP 11/11 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +1 CMB +5 CMD 16

Melee Attack Greatsword +5 (2d6 + 6/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]
Melee Attack Morningstar +5 (1d8 + 6)
Melee Attack Dagger +5 (1d4 + 4/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]
Melee Attack Sap +5 (1d6 + 4) [non-lethal]
Ranged Attack Dagger (10 ft.) +2 (1d4 + 4/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]
Ranged Attack Shortbow (60 ft.) +2 (1d6/x3)
-Arrows: 20/20

Currently Wielding None (Hands Free)
Current Armor Scale Mail, Explorer's Outfit
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Greatsword, Morningstar, Dagger, Dagger, Sap, Shortbow, 20 arrows, Belt Pouch A, Belt Pouch B, Backpack
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) Belt Pouch A (Flint and Steel, Whetstone, Map to the Crypt), Belt Pouch B ([11 gp, 3 sp, 2 cp], Potion of Cure Light Wounds), Backpack (Small Tent, Small Tent, Winter Blanket, Winter Blanket, Winter Blanket, Backpack, Backpack, Silver Lantern, Bottle of Local Brandy, Tinderbox and 3 Tindertwigs), Tied to Backpack (Full Waterskin, Full Waterskin, Torch, Torch, Torch)
Current Encumbrance 140 lbs (medium load) Medium Load 100.01 lbs Heavy Load 200.01 lbs Max 300 lbs

Active Abilities
Combat Options:
Charge (full round action), Power Attack (standard action), Cleave (standard action), Quick Draw (free action)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm, Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder, Trip

Current Effects and Conditions: Medium Encumbrance, Flat Footed[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
As we start back down the road, Gamble responds to Snaggle, "True, my scaly friend, but maybe the goal is to make us stronger." Gamble begins whistling Tumbleweeds of Katapesh.

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709 (15:15:05)
Forest Trail, 6 Miles South of Kassen, Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas

After dealing with the illusory orcs (but not their source), you are able to resume your journey in peace. The path is straight and narrow, and easy to follow, but the day could be more pleasant. Though it is only early afternoon, the sunlight has already faded, and a cold wind rattles through the leafless forest. There is now no sign of civilization in sight.

GM: I need to know how much longer you travel before stopping to camp for the night. Also, as you decide, keep in mind that someone needs to actually take charge of setting up camp (primarily selecting the specific spot, but also in gathering wood and other resources, and lighting a fire if you so choose). This requires Survival (DC 10). Finally, you might also start thinking about any other preparations you make (tents, how close together you are in the camp, watch order, etc.) I'll set the next update at the time you choose to stop, and narrate your camp actions appropriately.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
OOC: I would like to travel as far as we safely can today.
"I can gather some firewood when we set camp. How much sleep do you all need for your spells?"

Remove ads