Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Courage

First Post
Jocyn said:
Unless there are any questions you have for me?
Well, actually...” Gamble begins carefully, "What was it that you and Holgast were up to when I walked up?"

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Courage said:
Well, actually...” Gamble begins carefully, "What was it that you and Holgast were up to when I walked up?"

Jocyn quickly shakes his head, "Oh no, that wasn't anything that concerned you. I've asked Holgast to make something for me."

[sblock=DC 20 Sense Motive (Hunch)]...[/sblock]

Courage

First Post
Gamble doesn't really believe him, but decides to leave it alone for now. He would really like to take time to poke around town for more information about what might be going on, but gathering information from the townsfolk usually takes anywhere between one to four hours, and Gamble is loathe to disappoint the mayor, especially on a day he is sure to be excited about.

Resigned, the gnome heads over towards the general store.

Etharia

First Post
OOC: I can't help but notice that she didn't tell me what to do next. She didn't even tell me to bring only my most important gear...

Although Lissa rarely smiles, she can't help but give a wry grin in this instance. "So... where am I supposed to be going exactly?"

Redbadge

Explorer
Lissa said:
OOC: I can't help but notice that she didn't tell me what to do next. She didn't even tell me to bring only my most important gear...

Although Lissa rarely smiles, she can't help but give a wry grin in this instance. "So... where am I supposed to be going exactly?"

OOC: Yes, well, Olmira can be very absent-minded at times. It's also possible she remembered all along and was just waiting for you to ask.

"Tsk. Tsk. You know me far better than that, little mouse. I don't know much about that place." Olmira sighs, and stops to think, seemingly giving in to a bit of rare purposeful insight. "I suppose the first place I would check if I were you would be that large open area they keep in the middle of those ugly buildings." She giggles to herself, "It's almost like they have their own forest glade to gather in... a "city-glade" almost."

Isklexi

First Post
Snaggle cocks his head to one side and asks "Why put the magical torch in the middle of nowhere? If it's so important, why didn't they just put it here in town?"

Redbadge

Explorer
Snaggle said:
Snaggle cocks his head to one side and asks "Why put the magical torch in the middle of nowhere? If it's so important, why didn't they just put it here in town?"

Vargidan mimics your headcock, "If it was here in town, it wouldn't be a very interesting quest, now would it?" He nods sagely at his answer, having slipped back into one of the more peculiar sides of his growing madness.

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709, (8:37:54)
Town Square, Kassen, Nirmathas

The town square is really a bustle by now. The town general store (just up the northwest street, directly across from the Seven Silvers) in particular has attracted quite a commotion. You are not sure exactly what is going on, but it is easy for you to catch glimpses of long and thin black candles and black shirts, skirts, and pants being passed in and amongst the a small crowd as people move in and out of the front entrance of the store, excitedly talking and gossiping all the while.

You can see Asina running back and forth from the Seven Silvers, carrying candy, small pies, and other sweet treats to willing customers in the crowd, and quickly delivering their money back to the inn. And you are not surprised to see Short Change weaving through the group of villagers, though most are wary of him, and a wide berth parts around him as he moves, much to his obvious dismay. The storekeeper, Marshon Waters, seems to be trying his best to conduct the crowd in and around his shop, but he seems to be having a tough time of it. Despite all of this, you don’t catch any glimpse of the mayor.

[sblock=Joseph]As you stood chatting with Captain Wisslo, you witnessed the crowd quickly form around the general store when Marshon opened his doors for business. You are the first of the heroes to arrive on scene, and are able to witness a little later on as first a gnome, then a kobold, stroll into the square. The crowd reacts most when a halfling woman gallops down the eastern street on top of her white lion mount.[/sblock]
[sblock=Gamble]Jocyn decides to go ahead and accompany you to the general store, and you both arrive well after the crowd is formed. You spot Joseph first, and see Snaggle and Lissa arrive after you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Snaggle]You leisurely walk away from your odd meeting at the Vargidan estate, but you don’t get far before you hear the sounds of laughter, talking, and shouting coming from the direction of the town square. Apparently, the townsfolk are at it already. As you enter the courtyard, you can easily pick out the blue skin of Gamble, and the brawny mass of the blacksmith’s son, but you don’t see the halfling woman or her lion cub. You soon discover that her lion cub really isn’t, as the pair comes racing past you.[/sblock]
[sblock=Lissa]Your ride is a pleasant one, but oh-too-short as you near the eastern gate of Kassen. As road gives way to street, you briefly consider pulling up into a more relaxed lope, before ruling against it. You are moving at a pretty good pace when you enter the “city-glade”, passing just by a small surprised kobold. As you wheel Nyra around to a stop, you also glimpse the faces of a couple of bards, including the gnome you know you’ll be working with, and the face of a behemoth soldier with a behemoth sword, whom you hope you’ll be working with. Amongst all this, the crowd seems in awe of your arrival, though they are too dumbstruck to panic, or worse.[/sblock]

The arrival of Lissa on her lion finally catches the attention of Mr. Waters. He notices that you have all gathered in the square, and he manages to shout over the crowd, who are now gossipingly excitedly about the appearance of Nyra, “The mayor is in the back!” He waves his arm over his head, motioning for you to go around the side of the store. “Go around back!” He doesn’t have to ask you twice, as taking the alley between the general store and the Greathall takes you away from the crowd and most of the noise. Jocyn stays behind to make sure any of the crowd doesn't start flowing down the alleyway.

As you walk down the alley towards the rear of the shop, leaving the crowd behind, you catch a good view of the Tourondel River, which is usually difficult to see in most parts of the town. As you continue to approach the river and round the corner of the shop, you can make out what sounds like two guys talking, but it is difficult for you to make out with the crowd noise in the background.
[sblock=DC 15 Perception]
"Do ya' think all the preparations are ready at the the tomb?"
"Well, yeah... hushup, I think I hear someone coming."
[/sblock]
As soon as you round the corner, and the two villagers spot you, they immediately stop talking. You recognize them both as woodcutters. They grin once they see you, and both jump at the chance to greet you. Suddenly one seems to remember something, “Oy, you’re obviously ‘ere to see the mayor. ‘E’ll obviously be glad to see you. He’s in the store, let me go get ‘em.

Last edited:

Remove ads