• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen (Eberron Adventure) (Recruiting Closed)

Redclaw

First Post
That's definitely in the right direction. Any thoughts about specific jobs or challenges the group has overcome? I love the individual background, but what I'm working on is picking a group backstory, and then letting you all adjust your individuals to fit it.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Then why not a mixture of the background options already sent in? There would easily be the childhood friends, growing up together, and staying with 'safety in numbers'. Then, with various adventures, they could have joined up with a few other of the members early on in their careers, learning that there were things and skills that others could fill roles in. With their newfound knowledge that perhaps becoming a bona fide group, perhaps being in a guild would be a good option. Enter the crazy madman and the free guild. After all, we were all starting out, and free was a good option for low funds. Eventually, the guild had to act, or else be scattered to the winds. That's when the cream settled, and the members that had skills and knowledge to offer everyone else showed up.

Since then, it's been about refining their tactics, learning each other's strengths and weaknesses, and being coherent.

Possible run ins could include the nefarious scalper that managed to steal a dragon egg. Unfortunately, the dragon egg had a parent that was none too happy about it. Seeking the chance to do something that would immediately grant them favor, recognition and fame, and after many drinks to inhibit their mental capacity for reason, it was decided to steal the stolen egg, and return it to the dragon. It was a copper dragon, and that is when my character found his devotion to such power that the copper one held.

Also, since they are a guild, perhaps there is a rival guild, and the continuous run ins with the rivals always comes into play. The rivals have the advantage that their parents are all nobles from various families, and snub the whole of the lower class and middle class people, which accounts for most everyone. Unfortunately, they are also well capable of handling their own, and are almost always on level fields with our grouping. Which sucks...

Redclaw

First Post
We're going to speed this up a little bit so that we can get started on the game. I think the consensus is to combine aspects of several different backstories to create a unified whole, so here goes.

Several members of the party grew up together in a small village in eastern Breland. During the final stages of the Last War they were called on to defend the village from a small raiding force of goblins from Darguun. The young would-be-adventurers followed the goblins back to their base of operations and successfully chased them away from the village. The journey home was longer and more arduous than expected (not quite on the level of The Oddesey, but you get the idea,) and the added a number of members to the group on the way, presumably losing others in various battles as well.
As the war ended, and the threat of attack by goblins eased, the young adventurers decided to find more adventure elsewhere, and they obtained a charter and formed a guild, making their partnership official.

I don't think anyone needs to adjust their character concept to fit that story, but I'll give you until Sunday to do so just in case. I'm also hoping to see someone adjust to fill the divine caster role, as I would hate to send you into this adventure without healing. Either way, the party will be chosen Sunday evening, and the adventure will commence!

EvolutionKB

First Post
Well, that sounds good to me too. The need for a competent healer is diminished with a crusader and dragon shaman, they have good healing abilities and are good fighters as well(I'd definately recommend Stone Power, free hp is hard to pass up). The ability to turn undead would be a loss though.

WakkaWakkkaWakka, if you still wanted to do the brother thing, why don't we go for twins? I'm not sure what you were thinking as far as deity and alignment-wise, but I think The Silver Flame would be a good choice because killing off evil in all its form is high on their list of things to do.

Redclaw, what are you looking for at this point? Full character sheets? If so, what books are open for feats/spells/sub levels?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Also, how many of the posters on this thread are actually going to get spots in this game?

As for healing, I was more inclined to fill most of this guy's skill points on UMD, along with the purchase of a wand of cure * wounds, until 6th level, when I can actually start healing people without the use of a wand. That is, of course, assuming that I have a spot in this campaign.

Would you now like a full character sheet to compliment our thoughts so that you can pick and choose as to who you will be giving slots to?

WakkaWakka

First Post
For the healing, in the prospects there are a dragon shaman, a bard and 2 crusaders - hp curing is covered well enough.
It's the other kinds of healing (who can cast/activate a scroll of restoration among us?) that may be problematic.

That said, it wouldn't change too much my character, shifting from crusader to favored soul.
Evolution, your twin is getting a vocation! Now I really need to read up something more on religion in Eberron - I thought of going with "lip service to the religion he was raised to, chivalric valors in his heart" for the crusader. Something more involved is needed, now.
The Silver Flame sounds good - hadn't SF templars a kind of paladinish "go-get-'em" attitude, with fire added in to be sure?
We also get a different outlook on the gore of melee - a meditant bowslinger, this one is (favored weapon longbow...).
I'm picturing him as the "we cleanse evil - not bathe ourselves in its blood" twin.
How about it?

Redclaw

First Post
A favored soul of the Silver Flame would be a great addition, if you're willing to make that switch. The wand and combination of crusaders and dragon shaman is a viable option, but it certainly increases the risk of a messy death. ;)
As for character sheets, I don't really need to see that much detail yet. I'll decide tomorrow on a list of characters/players and you can work them up then. My hope would be that we are ready to go sometime toward the middle of the week (after you post them and I check them, and any tweaking that needs to be done.)
If you want to start thinking about the character sheets, however, here are some guidelines:
Books fully available--Core, Eberron CS, PHB II
Books usable, with DM approval on specific choices--Races of Eberron, Magic of Eberron, Five Nations, Bo9S, Magic Item Compendium, Complete series

EvolutionKB

First Post
To play up the differing sources of our characters power, I was going to go with something also different personality wise from yours. Skilled in melee combat, but also quick to brag about his knowledge of the things he fights. The very "bathe in their blood" type that your character is not.

WakkaWakka

First Post
:lol: That's going to be fun... all right, favored soul is it!
I can just see it "Look, it's not the murdering that gets me... it's that when an unarmed orc shouts 'surrender', and kneels down on the ground he isn't telling you to surrender, and he's not preparing for the jump..."
all right, that's pretty exaggerated... or isn't it? :eek:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads