• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rediscovery of the World - 4e (OOC)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Seeing that there are already so many players interested, I think I will get started tomorrow or tomorrow-after, so you have time to change yor characters a bit more if you want to.
It's going to be a tough choice...

Bialaska

First Post
Grungni Goldtooth -Female - Dwarf - Cleric - 1

Str 16 (+3)
Con 15 (+2)
Dex 8 (-1)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 18 (+4)
Cha 12 (+1)

Ac 16
For 13
Ref 11
Will 16

HP: 27
Healing surges/day: 9

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Alignment: Unaligned
Patron Deity: Tiamat

Racial features: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Dungeoneering, +2 Endurance, Cast-Iron Stomach, Dwarven Resilience, Dwarven Weapon Proficiency, Encumbered Speed, Stand Your Ground

Class features: Proficiencies: Cloth armor, Leather Armor, Hide, Chainmail, Simple melee, Simple ranged; Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune, Turn Undead), Healer’s Gift (+4 to hit points healed), Healing Word (2/encounter)

Skills (*trained):
Acrobatics -1
Arcana* +6
Athletics +3
Bluff +1
Diplomacy +1
Dungeoneering +6
Endurance +4
Heal* +9
History +1
Insight* +9
Intimidate +1
Nature +1
Perception +4
Religion* +6
Stealth -1
Streetwise +1
Thievery -1

Feats:
Dwarven Weapons Training, Ritual Casting (class bonus)

Powers (with description if possible):
-at will:
Righteous Brand (+5 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage, if hit ally within 5 squares gain +3 on melee attack rolls until end of my next turn)
Sacred Flame (+4 vs Reflex, 1d6+4 radiant damage, ally gains saving throw or 1 temporary hit point)

-encounter:
Divine Glow (Blast 3, +4 vs. Reflex, 1d8+4 radiant damage to each enemy, allies gain +2 to attack rolls until end of next turn)

-daily:
Beacon of Hope (Blast 3, +4 vs. Will, targets weakened until end of next turn, all allies (including me) gains 5 hit points and healing powers by me restore +5 hit points for the remaining encounter)

Equipment (100 gp):
Greataxe (30 gp)
Chainmail (40 gp)
Holy Symbol (10 gp)
Standard Adventurers Kit (15 gp)
5 gp

Background (brief is enough):
dwar95.jpg

Grungni has become an adventurer to earn gold, platinum, silver and various gems and jewelry... And well, generally any other valuable. She grew up in poverty in a small human settlement, as her parents was exiled from the Dwarven lands due to some politics. After an accident crippled her mother, her father became an adventurer, desperate to earn enough gold to sustain his family. However that adventure came to an abrupt halt after encountering some powerful demon. This left Grungni to sustain both herself and her mother in a community that was not really supposed to be her own.
In her desperation she turned to various gods and prayed for their aid in preventing her premature death due to starvation. But Moradin and Pelor were both quiet and the same was the other deities considered to be good and righteous. However one of the deities answered her prayers and it was with Tiamat's blessing that Grungni survived. Since then Grungni has been a loyal follower of this deity, though she's not concerned about the vengeance aspect of her deity. She embraces the concepts of wealth and greed though.

Atanatotatos

First Post
An ugly and provisory map of Barnost. The continet is a bit less than four thousand miles from east to west, about fifty days horseback at full speed. More will be added later.

[sblock=Barnost]
Barnost copia.jpg
[/sblock]

I'll tell you who's in later today.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alright, I made my decision. It was really tough, so despite my original decision to play with five character, I'll go with six. Still, I feel the others are good characters too and would have deserved to play, so to all of you who were not selected I say sorry, and if you want, I'll keep you in mind as alts.

The players are:

Is907-Elias
Sarah-Meriadeth
Lobo-Desh
Redclaw-Isdar
Garyh-Oak
Geogator-Blizzard

Now that you know who your fellows are, you can adjust your stats to fit better (you have time till the first combat encounter, which is to say, not much; as a mere advice: the party is a bit lacking in ranged attackers... maybe isdar might be an option) and obviously add to your background. Please post your characters in the Character Thread.
Then, you can introduce your character in the IC thread.
Some chatting to start... :]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=Garyh]The "wardens" that saved Oak actually inspired me another piece of the setting. There's a long, long road in Barnost whose starting and ending point almost nobody has seen. It is simply called "the Warded Road"; it is extremely varied both in width and condition and in the environments it crosses (see map). Long traits are relatively safe, but some sections are utterly inaccessible, because of the "Wardens of the Road". They're a mysterious group, actually a small, widespread army, mostly composed of elves and some eladrins, that has acted as a guardian for many generations. What secret they keep, is not known. Oak joined the Wardens for a short period; which is not strange, because who is found in prohibited areas is either executed or convinced to join the Wardens. The unusual lies in the fact that Oak could leave without suffering dire consequences. The reason, the warforged does not know.

What do you think about this?[/sblock]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Hey geogator: What do you think about Blizzard being Desh's Uncle or Cousin, 2 or 3x removed? It would give us a reason to know eachother prior to gamestart.

Ivellious

First Post
Damn, totally forget yesterday was the 4th of july so I didn't have time to make it. Oh well, roll of the dice. Hope you all have a wonderful game

Remove ads