• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redo 2: Select the ONE non d20 game you would play?

Which non d20/D&D game would you play if you could only play ONE?

• Alternity

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • HERO System

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • GURPS

Votes: 42 9.1%
  • Call of Cthulhu - BRP

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Shadowrun

Votes: 49 10.6%
  • Exalted

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • WEG d6

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Uni-System

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Ars Magica

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • World of Darkness - new or old

Votes: 38 8.2%
  • Talislanta

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Rolemaster - any version

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Traveller

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Savage Worlds

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • HARP

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Hackmaster

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Paranoia

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Tri-Stat dx

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Rifts/Palladiumverse

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 59 12.8%

Ace

Adventurer
Acid_crash said:
Okay, third attempt at a good poll, I do apologize again.

My selection is GURPS for it's fluidity and many options despite it's faulty production value in its Characters book. Amazing game.

I picked GURPS as well. It was my one and only game for a number of years and I found I could run pretty much anything with it and the rules supported my style of play

These days I prefer Unisystem as I like the rules lighter aspect of it but (at least until Dungeons and Zombies is released) Unisystem really only supports Modern Fantasy and in a limited way a few other really odd generes --

Malic

First Post
I voted Shadowrun - such a cool setting setup, for a change of pace from all my d20 stuff - but if I'd remembered Feng Shui it would have been a toss up. There is a game I'd love to try.

kengar

First Post
Dave Blewer said:
Savage Worlds without a shadow of a doubt.

In fact, if I am given a choice I'd choose to play that over a D20 game ;)

Yeah, baby! Savage Worlds allllllll the way! :D

In fact, I'll go one more and point out that my group has dropped d20 in all its forms since starting to play SW. It took a grand total of one session to change their minds. Is SW perfect? No, but it's a Swiss watch compared to d20's Teletubbies alarm clock. :)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Love for Alternity

I am still in love with Alternity. After Sliders came out, I was hoping any company would detail a book about paralell universes. I know GURPS Time Travel touches on the subject, but it isn't much. I remember walking to work one day many years ago and thinking to myself "Wouldn't it be cool if the people in charge of Alternity did a book about horror roleplaying in the modern day?". My thought was answered in the form of Dark*Matter. Later my hope for an alternate reality type of game/campaign came about in the form of Tangents. As much as I want to thin my collection of gaming books, I will never get rid of my Alternity books. I love them that much.

Remove ads