• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Release Schedule 5. Edition?

guachi

Hero
Are there any news concerning new 5. Edition products?

What will be the next product? Are there any campaign setting intended? Are there new informations?

Iam wondering that the release schedule is so slow for the new edition...

There is a gentleman who goes by the handle MerricB who posted a link to his website that has all of the adventures that have been published for 5e. Most are third party. There has been a 3rd party MM put out called Fifth Edition Foes.

I'd really like some campaign setting, myself. Especially if it's related to the APs. I haven't looked at HotDQ but I flipped through PotA in the store and it seems to be set on the Sword Coast like the adventure in the starter set is. PotA has a bit of background on many of the locations but I think WotC missed a great opportunity to include a Sword Coast source book.

Other than that, I'd go with ebay or dndclassics. I've had lots of fun buying stuff I never had the money or inclination to buy the first time around. Full set of Al-Qadim material! All in near mint + condition! One boxed set was still in the shrink wrap. cost for each was 8.50-30.00 (that includes shipping. average price 21.75).

Or get pdfs of piles of stuff for $5-10. Although you'll find many old books are cheaper than even the pdfs are.

Remathilis

Legend
Are there any news concerning new 5. Edition products?

What will be the next product? Are there any campaign setting intended? Are there new informations?

Iam wondering that the release schedule is so slow for the new edition...

Short answers: No, an AP called Out of the Abyss, possible, no.

Now, to save us from the eventual complaining this topic brings up...

this-thread-is-now-aliens.jpg

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks, I had to delete some political references - those are not appropriate for these boards. Please take them elsewhere. Thanks

wyrdone

First Post
I know it's unpopular here, but I'm not a big fan of this release schedule. I understand not wanting to flood the player's with content, but they're going too extreme in the opposite direction.

Almost a year later and players have nothing but the Player's Handbook to buy and use. The extra races/classes from unearthed Arcana are great, I'd love to see more, but maybe just one extra book of content for players would be nice.

My group and I love to look at all the material and come up with fun, interesting combinations of things. Until they release an expansion book for players my group won't even consider 5th edition, which makes me sad because the new system looks great.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads