• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember the Cavindale! (As his betters, i think we have a duty to help him)

alsih2o

First Post
swift crests the ridge to find a bleak, moonlike landscape.

lava has rolled down the mountain here forming a 120 yard wide sheet of hardened grey stone punctuated here and there by larg, collapsed areas that spew forth steam and sulphur.

the fresh lava underneath still flows and the heat coming from the holes is evident.

scattered across the near side, hundreds of burnt, blackened gnoll carcasses litter the grey stone, frozen forever in the anguished positions in which they died.

further out, across the stone, more bodies can be seen. they are hard to make out, altho they are definetely humanoid......

Macbeth

First Post
Swift

Swift may bet foolhardy, but he's not stupid. He takes in his surroundings and returns to where the others are hidden. He will relay as exact a description as he can to the others.
"I saw nothing that seemed harmfull. I'm not sure how those gnolls died, but I think we can move ahead, as long as we take precautions."

infax

First Post
Kelkan

"Ok, I am ready to move ahead. We should be careful, but what kind of precautions would you suggest we take before we go, Swift?"

Waiting a bit for an answer, Kelkan precipitates himself:

"If we would wait here for another day, I could, perhaps, with the help of our stranded friend" - Kelkan nods towards Murrell - "prepare something against creatures of this region. I didn't expect to reach the Lava Bridge today." He adds, almost apologetically.

"Would you have anyting in stock, Murrell?" The halfling asks, avoiding looking directly to the Gnoll at the old man's side.

alsih2o

First Post
murrell "offense isn't really my hting. i mean, if you need into a castle, i am there for oyu. or if you need to keep soemone out. but if i knew how to get across i would have left a good bit back..."

infax

First Post
Kelkan

"Offense?!" ~ I didn't expect that.~
"I was thinking more in the lines of some kind of protective charm. Against the heat over the lava bridge and eventually to protect us from attacks from anything that could be leaving there.

"Do we have any reason to fear specific attacks? What is it that guards the lava bridge that we may have to attack?

"And that question is addressed to you too, young man." Kelkan spins to point a finger at the rescued elf with his brows pressed hard together while he tries to imagine what kind of peril awaits them across the volcanic passage.

alsih2o

First Post
young elf "we are forbidden to even approach the lava bridge, but once, as a youth, i followed some of the older initiate warriors to the far side. a brave and foolhardy few tried to approach the bridge to gather stones to impress the girls of the village. the dead elves on that side rose, and sundered them. eventually feeding them to the holes and fueling the volcanoes wrath."

"i'd bet my best slippers that those gnolls aren't 'dead' dead"

Macbeth

First Post
Swift

My impulsiveness has got us into too much trouble before. This requires some thought... Well, enough of that, time to make a path for these other poor fools.
"I will go first. I can clear a path, and the rest of you can pass after me. I KNOW I can hold my own against them, and while they attack me, you can run across."

Remove ads