Remnants of the Horde:Storming the Walls...

Capellan

Explorer
Wekerak smiles, fingers deftly slipping the valuables into his pockets.

"On the wolf, you - no bites, Frostbite, not yet - " he turns his attention to the others, pointing as he does so, "There's more down that way."

Swinging himself into the saddle, he pads Frostbite out into the middle of the room, giving Vespazian a nod, "What next, Captain?"

Softly, under his breath, he mutters to the goblin,

"We'll slip away the moment an opportunity comes. Keep your mouth shut."

OOC: if sent ahead to 'scout', Wekerak will seek a way to double back to Tsu'koka. If not, he'll drift to the rear of the group over time, then sneak away.

doghead

thotd
Uriel said:
Moving North, the Giants move through the chambers with familiarity, as well as nilgo's Boys checking the doors and tunnels for danger. The Hobgoblins are a well-oiled machine, advancing quickly and with purpose towards the eventual goal of the Engine Room. A Giant pauses to tell Tsu'Koka that the Chamber is not far off now, perhaps 5 minutes at most.

Tsu'koka's rage boils off. He finds himself smiling as he watches the Hobgoblins sweep expertly through the caverns and halls of the giant castle. Give me legions of such and we would ... there is no time for daydreams now. Later maybe there will be time for hope.

Tsu'koka nods as the giant informs him that they are close.

"When we get there, we will clear out the chamber, then hold entrances. Or is there another way? What must you do? What can you tell me?"

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:I'm not sure what Vespazian is going to do, though Wekerak finds it easy to slip away...

IG

As the very noisy group of barbarians and assorted other warriors moves off, Wekerak finds it easy to just slip further anf further back, until all are in front of him. Then, turning Frostbite, he races back down the hallway to the other group. Frostbite whispers between breaths 'I can smell the path taken. We should be back with the others within minutes...I would leave this place,Wekerak. The Heat is a very uncmfortable exchange for the delicious feel of fresh snow upon my back as I hunted in the mountains of the North.When shall we go home,friend?'

Behind, a sudden loud roar preceeds a massive uproar, as dozens of voices shout a Warcry and the clash of battle is heard. Most likely, Krong was even now wading through enemy troops, their blood thick upon the flagstones of the ancient Castle.

The Giant nodded at Tsu'Koka's question and answered ' There are many levers and wheels that need looking after, to vent the steam and ash. We Giants were all assigned to the Chamber at one time or another, taking turns performing the duties, so that all would know in times such as this. There should be Mephits who are there as well. The Mephits performed minute workings of the Machine.'

A sudden yelp of alarm at the rear of the band causes Tsu'Koka to turn, just in time to see a very suprised hobgoblin leap out of the way as Wekerak rides in upon his Winter Wolf, another goblin clinging for dear life to the beast's haunches. The Goblin dismounts and returns to the other small band of Goblins, who seem intent upon some map upon the floor. One Goblin stands and approaches the Giant who had spoken with Tsu'Koka 'If'n you kin git us in there, I think we kin maybe help wit that machine. We Engineers work many of the gates and other machines in the Castle. can't be that diff'rent,wot?'

Capellan

Explorer
Wekerak digs his hands into the ruff of Frostbite's mane, affirming the alliance between them,

"We will win this castle, and feast on the corpses of our foes. Then, my friend, we will return to the north." the goblin's lips curl back from his teeth as he speaks. He has not grown weary of killing - he will never tire of that - but he has grown weary of killing at the behest of others. It would be good to return to his homeland, and kill simply for the food, and the joy.

Sliding from the wolf's back, he moves over to Tsu'koka,

"The others are a-battle." a wave of the hand indicates the general direction, "What is it we do here?"

doghead

thotd
Uriel said:
The Giant nodded at Tsu'Koka's question and answered ' There are many levers and wheels that need looking after, to vent the steam and ash. We Giants were all assigned to the Chamber at one time or another, taking turns performing the duties, so that all would know in times such as this. There should be Mephits who are there as well. The Mephits performed minute workings of the Machine.'

A sudden yelp of alarm at the rear of the band causes Tsu'Koka to turn, just in time to see a very suprised hobgoblin leap out of the way as Wekerak rides in upon his Winter Wolf, another goblin clinging for dear life to the beast's haunches. The Goblin dismounts and returns to the other small band of Goblins, who seem intent upon some map upon the floor. One Goblin stands and approaches the Giant who had spoken with Tsu'Koka 'If'n you kin git us in there, I think we kin maybe help wit that machine. We Engineers work many of the gates and other machines in the Castle. can't be that diff'rent,wot?'

Tsu'koka nods at the goblin.

"Good. Work it out between you," he says to the giant and goblins. "Make the mountain happy again."

Cappellan said:
"The others are a-battle." a wave of the hand indicates the general direction, "What is it we do here?"

"We go to engine room, to settle the mountain. Ride with me, I'll tell you." Tsukoka makes sure everyone is moving again before heading forwards to where Nilgo and Sroka command their troops.

"The engine room. We need to secure engine room for the giants and goblins to work machine. Perhaps the whole room. Perhaps bit by bit. We could use your talent to find out what lies within when we get there. After that, perhaps we stay with giants and goblins to protect them, or at the perimeter with hobgoblins and gnolls*. I don't know now."

occ: Nilgo and his boys - were they gnolls or bugbears. I have a suspicion it was the latter.

matthewbajda

First Post
OOC: uriel is having computer problems so i am posting to tell you all to hang tight while he gets it all taken care of. it may be a while, but he has not forgotten about you all.

matthew

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
The wait is over...big 'I'm Sorry' XP bonus coming...

OoC:Nilgo and his Boyz are indeed Bugbears.My maps/noyes are a bit jumbled, as i lost quite a few docs with my last botched reformat...winging the castle's designa bit.

Pointing up a winding stair leading off from the room, one Goblin poits at the Map and then gestures Tsu'koka and Sroka over, saying that the Engine Room is a mere few hundred yards from where the band currently stands.
With the bugbears silently padding along, and the Fire Giants following close behind, the group winds it's way up masive stairs (the gobs having a bit of trouble, as each stair is almost 2 feet high).
Finallt, massed on a platform ringed by raw volcanic stone, a huge door stands before all.
A thrumming sound can be heard beyond, as well as the hiss of venting steam.

A Giant says 'This is the place, Speaker-of-tales...the Engine Room.'

doghead

thotd
whoot!

Tsukoka supresses a shiver of excitement, or perhaps fear, that runs down his spine.

He motions for quiet. If there is any in the engine room, he wants to keep the element of surprise if he can.

He beckons Sroka, Nilgo, the goblin and Firegiant leader over, turning to Sroka first. "Sroka, have your men watch the door and stairs. I don't want to be caught unawares."

Then to all. "What does it look like in there? How many floors are there? How many entrances? Where do you need to be?" The last question is to the giant leader.

"If there are vermin in there, we hit them fast. Take the room. Hold the entrances. Let the giants work. Bugbears I make faster. They lead. Hobgoblins follow and we overpower anything standing against us. Goblins disperse, sneak and climb and harry flanks. This is what I think. What do you say?"

ooc: sleepy for the first time in weeks. So here's hoping. I'll get back to this asap. Just quickly, how many giants, bugbears etc are there? Has Wekerak joined us?

Capellan

Explorer
OOC: as far as I know, I am there :)

Wekerak nods, idly digging into his pack for some dried meat to gnaw on.

"Sound plan for attack. Give us many foes to feast. Need to cover our backs, though, or we may get knives in them." he chews thoughtfully, "Hobgoblins could hold doors while rest of us finish those inside."

Remove ads