Remnants of the Horde:Storming the Walls...

doghead

thotd
Uriel said:
... Nilgo who says 'Aye, I know where the Engine Room is ,Speaker. We could git there in p'raps 20 mminutes at a hard clip, providin' there isn't anything nasty between us and it. Not with all this rabble. though. Maybe my boys, the Giants, one of you Officers perhaps?'

Tsu'koka considers Nilgo's suggestion for a moment. He trys to recall what he can of the castle, but truth be told, he has only been here a few times and has seen little of it. He's going to have to rely on the knowledge of the others.

"Unless there is a better way to use the troops, a diversion maybe, we run together. Vespasian will take his rightful place with the Giants. Blood and I'll run with the Hobs.

"Sroka, can your boys keep up a skirmishing roll if we push hard?"

ooc: Is the engine room the control chamber?

Uriel, if you would prefer to hone down the number of troops to the giants, bugbear and characters, thats cool with me.

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
Finally this miserably motley bunch were moving out. Vespazian decided thereof that this whole venture was fast becoming one enormous fool's errand. What was he thinking?! As he jogged at the head of the band, he thought of how to get out, away and free. IF, (And it was a huge "if") we manage to find Zuregath and IF the King was alive, will I be rewarded accordingly for my daring efforts of late? Vespazian was not so sure. Not sure the Iron King was here, not sure that the numbskull Ogre Captain was intelligent enough to make it through and not sure that right now, he was even on the right side in this...... war?

As he ran, it came to him that he had not seen his pet for some time. RAT!! He bellowed as he ran. A few Orcs and Hobgoblins looked around in confusion, not knowing what he referred to. RAAAT!!! He shouted again. The orcs nearest him shrank back a little and fell a step further behind as they knew the captain's roaring could attract unwanted attention. Soon after a hiss and a squeek came in reply to the human's summoning. The Dire Rat skittered through the ranks as they ran and even paused a second to nip a hobgoblin's exposed calf, causing him to tumble and trip the man behind him. At last the creature leapt to it's master's cloak'd back and climbed up to his shoulder where the captain's waiting hand ran down it's boney spine.

Vespazian did not look at his pet as he spoke, but knew that it would both listen, and obey his orders implicitly. Run ahead of us little one, ware the riders and their mounts that would snap at you as a snack. Stay in the shadows and find what it is that awaits us further in the passages. And without a word Rat jumped from it's master's shoulder and ran off ahead of the group.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Wekerak and the Living Dead...

Wekerak strikes at the figure before him, one of his blades failing to score a hit, whilst the other hit solidly <8HP>.

Frostbite bit again, doing moderate damage <9HP>.

The Undead Enemy strikes quickly with it's sword, hitting Wekerak <14HP and 16 HP, 30 HP total> twice, the chill of it's blows causing a dull ache as if Wekerak had been stabbed by an icicle.

The Goblin Scout turns tail and runs back the way he came.

<Wekerak is up again...>

Sroka confirms that the Hobgoblins can indeed keep up a quick pace, especially with his Command <Marshall Aura> to guide them.
The Giants likewise confirm that the Chamber is indeed where the volcano's heat is kept in check, the Engine Chamber.

Rat scampers away, running pell-mell down the corridor at Vespazian's command.

*BOOM*

Another explosion rocks the mountain, this one louder and with more force, as several goblins and orcs are thrown to the ground.

Nilgo looks to Vespazian again and says 'I reckon we should send the Orcs and that Ogre Warhulk, as well as the Troll, ahead. They'd cause confusion and maybe allow the Hobs and my Boyz, as well as the Giants a shot at reachin the Engine Room. With yerself and the captain, of course, Song Speaker.'

doghead

thotd
Tsu'koka grins at Nilgo. "Ack. That would be an idea wouldn't it, and a wild ride."

Tsu'koka is silent for a moment. He longs to be free of the cloying presense of the captain. He half regrets having been so godamn persuasive back there on the field as they stood facing each other off. Let the captain see the giants to the engineroom. Vesparzian was, despite everything else, a capable enough man in a fight. And between him and Sroka .... running with the orcs and warhulk. Ha! that would be a ride.

"Sroka. Get the hobgoblins ready and push on. Get directions from the giants if you need them. Nilgo. Get you bugbears together and join up with the giants. Work out the pace between you, he says glancing at Sroka and Nilgo. "But make it fast. And get that goblin scout, Wekerek. He's good. Listen to him.

"I'll get the orcs, warhulk and troll sorted and inform Vespazian. Don't wait for me. Sroka, maybe I join you later. When I bring up the orcs. But perhaps the orcs will need my guidance. Perhaps I will run with them." He grins broardly and slams both of them on the chest. "Lets move!"

Waiting only long enough to confirm that they understand, Tsu'koka heads off to find Vespazian. Spotting the captain's rodent, he whistles it to a stop. "Rat! Take me to Vespazian."

Tsu'koka informs Vespazian of the arrangements that have been.

Capellan

Explorer
OOC: are you checking the trip attack when Frostbite hits?
Trip (Ex): A winter wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+8 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.
It'll make a big difference to this fight if the undead keeps getting knocked prone ...

Wekerak and Frostbite continue to harry at the undead beast, the scout's eyes narrowing as he judges how long before aid can arrive.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Capellan said:
OOC: are you checking the trip attack when Frostbite hits?
Trip (Ex): A winter wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+8 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the winter wolf.
It'll make a big difference to this fight if the undead keeps getting knocked prone ...

Wekerak and Frostbite continue to harry at the undead beast, the scout's eyes narrowing as he judges how long before aid can arrive.

OoC:Sorry, yes I checked for it. The Undead was strong enough to not get knocked down...

IG

Wekerak slashes and stabs again at the Dead Thing <13 HP from 2 hits>, whilst Frostbite bites again, missing once more.
The Dead Enemy stabs at Wekerak, seeing him as the more dangerous foe <1 hit for 11 HP>.

Wekerak is up again.

In the distance, another *Boom* sounds.

OoC: Nilgo is advocating moving off with the giants and hobs North towards the Engine room. He suggests sending the troll/Warhulk/orcs West to sow confusion etc...this is the direction that Wekerak went. Rat also scuttled off down that way in search of Wekerak. ust let me know who is going where.

doghead

thotd
Tsu'koka realises that the engine room is in another direction from the one that Wekerak had gone. He curses. He had wanted the goblin scout to guide the giants. He'd stack that goblin against a fist of hobs. More if the gobs wolf joined in.

Tsu'koka swings up onto Blood, then looks to see which way Vespazian is going to go.

Capellan

Explorer
Wekerak continues to try and work out how long it will be until help will arrive (OOC: how long? :) ), and continues to slash and harry the opponent, together with Frostbite.

doghead

thotd
With on last look down the corridor down which the orcs headed, Tsu'koka wheels Blood around to face in the direction that the giants and hobgoblins have gone. He jams his heals into the direwolfs flanks with a silent snarl.

"Let us find something to kill."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: Sorry for the slight delay agin, my mom's health took a downward turn Monday and I have been a bit distracted. She will be OK, which means that the Game shall move forward as planned with a more calm and attentive DM...

Wekerak and the Undead

Wekerak hits his foe again, though Frostbite finds his mark at last, knocking the thing to the ground. Wekerak slashes down as the Wolf tears at undead flesh, the Thing unable to right itself before being torn to ribbons.

<It rolled a '1' on it's attempt to break the grapple>

Wekerak hears something large heading his way, and instinctively hides in a side tunnel, Frostbite moving in beside him. Wekerak has just enough time to pull the dead Enemy in beside him, instinctively runninghis hands through pockets and over long dead fingers, removing rings and anything else of value.
Krong thunders in, a pack of Orcs at his heels, as well as the Troll with the massive mattock. Looking about, he bellows 'Where little gobbie! Krong here to help!'
Vespazian follows shortly, rat sniffing ahead, heading right for where Wekerak and Frostbite hid.

As the group nears, a small goblin appears from the throng of Orcs, the same scout that Wekerak had sent back for help. He moves forward, right for where Wekerak hids, and Wekerak can see that his facial expression belies something of import that he wishes to share with his corporal alone.

<A little Liscence here...>

Motioning the Scout forward, Wekerak listens for what the Goblin has to say.
Moving close so as to not be heard, the Scout says ' Boss, I brought help, like you said. Trouble too, though. This lot is fixing ta make a heap o' noise, te Songspeaker said I wuz ta git you and bring you straignt away back, as these fools is a decoy fer the real mission, which is an assault on the Engine room ta fix things before the whole place blows sky high.'

OoC:Frostbite is plenty large enough to carry both of you.

Moving North, the Giants move through the chambers with familiarity, as well as nilgo's Boys checking the doors and tunnels for danger. The Hobgoblins are a well-oiled machine, advancing quickly and with purpose towards the eventual goal of the Engine Room. A Giant pauses to tell Tsu'Koka that the Chamber is not far off now, perhaps 5 minutes at most.

OoC:pausing to see what Wekerak is going to do...

Remove ads