Remnants of the Horde:Storming the Walls...

doghead

thotd
Uriel said:
Sroka barks a few orders, echoed by the Bugbear Sgt, and the troops assemble with a minimum of effort and infighting. The Giants seem pensive, their Hell Hounds snarling at hearby Goblins and Orcs. When Tsu'koka offers the enchanted Weapons, one of the Fire Giants nods respectfully and says 'Thank you,Speaker,we shall endeavor to send this scum home in little pieces with these fine gifts.'

"Good. Then I have put them in the right hands." Tsukoka is about to turn on his heel when he stops.

"Those are fine beasts," he adds, nodding in the direction of the Hell Hounds. "Good hunting!"

Uriel said:
The entire band moves out at a brisk pace, seeking to close the distance between themselves and the Scout.

Tsukoka is motionless for a moment as the giants depart. One day I will get me some beasts like that. Blood to ride and beasts to ride with. Yes! The thought makes him smile.

With that he whistles Blood over. As the wolf crosses the room Tsukoka finishes checking the last of the potions and tucking the stuff away safely.

ooc: as below. could you let me know if he recognises anything.

Tsukoka remounts. "Shall we go hunting too?" he growls quietly to the were-beast. Knowing the reply, he points Blood in the direction of the scouts and they set off.

Capellan

Explorer
"Follow me." Wekerak growls at the remaining goblin. Sliding from Frostbite's back, he moves silently along the corridor, staying to the shadows, until he reaches the first tunnel entrance. Then, dropping to the ground, he peers around the corner.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Both Goblins are still around, one way just thrown to the ground for a moment.

IC

Wekerak moves forward, the other two Gobbies flanking him, bows ready.
Nearing the passage, one Goblin (Grok) suddenly yelps 'Corporal!' as he points to a figure stepping from the concealment on another doorway. His yell is cut short as a bolt of Lightning fries him, though the other Scout is not hit. Wekerak was also the target of the spell, but his instincts kick in and he rolls sideways, avoiding the blast.
Frostbite whispers ' I smell something unnatural...Ware,Wekerak.'

Initiative

Scout <18>. The goblin bravely fires his shortbow, though his arrow skitters against a wall, missing the enemy...

Wekerak <16>
Frostbite <14>

OoC:He/she is about 80 feet away at this point.

Capellan

Explorer
Wekerak races forward, angling to the left of the foe, while Frostbite charges in on the right, attempting to reach the creature if possible, and at least breathe upon it if not.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Wekerak moves forward and to one side, even as Frostbite moves in for a flanking position. The Goblin doesn't quite make the distance, but the Winter Wolf manages to reach the foe, biting at it's shadowy form, missing.

OoC:Wekerak is 20-30 feet away at this point, able to Charge in or...?.

Tsu'koka considers the implications of the situation. That Boom, it couldn't be a good thing. Even as his mind wrapped around a very dire possibility, one of the Fire Giants moves towards him, leaning down and saying in a low voice'Song-Speaker, we would have a word...'

Moving off, as the hbgoblins filed silently by, the orcs and gnolls following, the Giant knelt so that he and Tsu'koka were eye-to-eye. A quick glance at Captain Vespazian, busy shouting orders at Nilgo and Sroka and the giant continued 'That explosion,Song-Speaker. It bodes ill for Mount Zuregath. We Giants do more here than fight the Dragon Lord's wars. We are engineers as well, maintaining the machinery that keeps the Mountain's great heat in check. My brothers and I have confirred, and we think that the Mountain is at a dangerous level of unvented heat. Soon, Mount Zuregath will explode in eruption...We need to reach the central chamber, where the venting machine lies. It is dep inside the mountain.'

As these words sink in, another *Boom* resounds, and the walls shake and rattle, ash and dust billowing down tunnels and over the assembled troops. Nervous glances to Vespazian are met with a sneer, the human barking orders again. Reluctantly, the troops move off, following into where the Goblin scout had gone.

doghead

thotd
Uriel said:
'Song-Speaker, we would have a word...'

Moving off, as the hbgoblins filed silently by, the orcs and gnolls following, the Giant knelt so that he and Tsu'koka were eye-to-eye. A quick glance at Captain Vespazian, busy shouting orders at Nilgo and Sroka and the giant continued 'That explosion,Song-Speaker. It bodes ill for Mount Zuregath. We Giants do more here than fight the Dragon Lord's wars. We are engineers as well, maintaining the machinery that keeps the Mountain's great heat in check. My brothers and I have confirred, and we think that the Mountain is at a dangerous level of unvented heat. Soon, Mount Zuregath will explode in eruption...We need to reach the central chamber, where the venting machine lies. It is dep inside the mountain.'

Tsu'koka listens to the giant carefully. Its a struggle to keep his face a neutral mask as the giant reveals his fears. When the giant finishes
Tsu'koka nods but remains silent for a minute, trying to take in what the giant has revealed, and reassemble the various pieces into a coherant image in his head.

"We have to get you to the central chamber. Do you know the way?"

~assuming that they do~

"Right, I will get it sorted. Catch up with the others and be ready. You did good."

Tsu'koka considers going back to discuss it with Vespazian, but rejects the idea. We don't have time. But quite franlkly Tsu'koka has had enough of panding to his tantrums and petty ego. Let him be pissed. Tsu'koka urges Blood forwards to where Sroka marches with the hobgoblins. Tsu'koka swings off Blood and draws the Marshal aside, but they keep moving.

"We need to get the giants to the center of the castle. To the center chamber. They have to deal with the BOOM BOOM. We need to do it fast. So this is what I think. The gobs and hobgobs lead. You hold the juctions, clear any riff raff and any ambushes in our way. Krong and the bugbears will back you up. The orcs and I will stay with the giants and keep them safe. Does it work?"

Capellan

Explorer
OOC: mutter subscribed threads mutter table deleted mutter

Wekerak scurries the rest of the way, moving into a position where the opponent is threatened from both sides.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Wekerak and the Cowled Enemy, continued...

The robed shape laughs a cold laugh and lifts a hand, showing a bony extremity looking as if it had just crawled forth from the Grave a mere moment ago.

Reaching down suddenly, it grasps Frostbite's fur, causing a scorching burn to appear, the hairs of the Wolf's back singing away, the skin turning a sickly grey.
Frostbite yelps in pain, but keeps on his feet, rage building in him.

<Hit for 11 HP, resisted whatever Drain the Undead had attempted to use.>

Round Two

The lone Scout fires again , missing wildly.

Wekerak is up...and within a move of the undead.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Tsu'koka reaches Sroka in time to interrupt an argument between him and the Bugbear Sgt. Nilgo looked dubiously agitated as he glanced at the bellowing figure of Vespazian, who was moving to the front og the group, yelling for all to quicken their pace.

Sroka cut the Bugbear's complaints short with a quick hiss and a glare, turning to Tsu'koka with a polite nod. Listening to the Song Speaker's words, the Lt turns to Nilgo who says 'Aye, I know where the Engine Room is ,Speaker. We could git there in p'raps 20 mminutes at a hard clip, providin' there isn't anything nasty between us and it. Not with all this rabble. though. Maybe my boys, the Giants, one of you Officers perhaps?'

Capellan

Explorer
"Fetch the others!" Wekerak snaps the order over his shoulder, racing in to flank the creature, and strike at it with his blades.

Remove ads