Resurrection City III: The Breconshire Horrors

JimAde

First Post
Trevor takes the light. "Dash for your gun if you'd like. I'll see if I can figure out which way he went." He looks out the window.

[OOC: If I can't see anything of interest by sticking my head out the window, I'll start climbing out.]

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Diggory quickly returns to his room, snagging his gun, and then returning to Langan's room. I've always been a better shot than a knife-fighter anyhow...

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor can see a few low-lying tree branches and shrubs swaying from the recent pass of something - evidently this is the way Langan went. Diggory soon appears with his pistol, and Dr. Hewitt with a small knife, and together the three begin the descent to outside.

Looking the direction Trevor indicates, the men follow a trail of swaying branches and crushed grass towards a small clearing. On the opposite side of the clearing, the waters of the Grwyne Fechan can be seen. The three stop in the trees, just outside of the clearing. Several moving forms can be seen - you recognize these as the shapes of several of the small, pygmy-like people encountered earlier.

Two human shapes are also to be seen - a young man, clearly Langan, and a woman, apparently about the same age, with a distinctly non-English cast to her features. Langan reaches into his coat-pocket and removes something that can't quite be made out. He extends it towards the woman.

"Mistress," he says. "I have brought it." He opens his hand to reveal a large ruby.

The woman, who appears to be an Arab or Indian, takes the gem from Langan with a hand that appears somehow too large. "The Jewel," she says, holding the ruby up to the early light. As she raises it, you can see that it is carved to resemble a scarab, and has several darker spots on it. The woman nods. "The Jewel of Seven Stars. Doctor!"

Another man appears - seemingly out of nowhere. An old man, he remains stocky and well-built despite his apparently advanced age. He is bald as an egg and his eyes appear oddly too large for his face. The woman shows him the ruby and he claps Langan on the back. "Excellent job, my boy, excellent job at getting this from the Museum." He turns towards the woman. "Now we can proceed, and should do so before we are hindered any further. I came only to confirm that he did, indeed, have it. My curiosity satisfied, I must return to the caravan. There are matters in London that require attending to. I would advise, Tera, that you and Langan do the same." With that, the man walks behind a tree and vanishes.

The Arabic woman puts her hand on Langan's shoulder and whispers something to him that you cannot make out. Langan nods, and the two begin walking towards where the 'doctor' vanished.

Make an Intelligence check.

Old Fezziwig

Doctor? Diggory cocks his head to the side, turning to Hewitt. He mouths the word "Yesset."

[Intelligence check, roll of 2 on d20, +1 Int, total 3]

OOC: Do we need to members to use that roller, JimAde?

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
Trevor realizes with a shock that this seven-starred scarab-shaped ruby appeared in Thomas Pellgraine's research notes.
"Pellgraine's scarab!" Trevor hisses. "Come on, we can't lose them," he says. He begins to hurry after Edward and the woman, trying not to make too much noise, but mostly intent on catching them before they disappear into the darkness.

Old Fezziwig

Diggory frowns and hisses after the pursuing Walsingham. "Pellgraine's what?" He follows the Baron into the woods, trying to make less noise than Trevor.

Remove ads