Resurrection City III: The Breconshire Horrors

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
"Well, that's brilliant. Bully for you. This 'working' -- what's it all about?" Diggory intentionally makes his use of the term 'working' sound awkward. He's not sure she knows about his membership in the Golden Dawn, and he doesn't want to tip her off about his identity as Frater VBGA. Bloody hell. I've got to talk to Yeats.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
She reassumes her haughty look. "Well, if you were out here at the Kelly estate - for after all, why else would anyone be in this forsaken corner of Wales? - I'd assume you already know of the purpose of our project."

Old Fezziwig

Diggory says nothing, but keeps his eyes on Ann. That's a dead end. Blast. Hopefully Trevor'll be thinkin' of something clever.

JimAde

First Post
I hope the inspector is going somewhere with this, Trevor thinks. I'm at a loss.

"Well, young lady," he says in his best patronizing tone. "Given the choice between believing you unfathomably wicked and unfathomably dense, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you and Edward are idiots." He points to where Edward disappeared. "That little bauble he vanished with is connected to some very very dangerous goings-on. I think it's best that you come with us while we catch up with that fool Langan and get this sorted out. Come along." He tries to take her arm and lead her back toward the inn.

[OOC: I know Trevor's probably way off base on this, but taking command and sorting things out is his response to situations he doesn't understand. :) ]

Old Fezziwig

Diggory's eyes open wide as Trevor grabs Ann's arm. Oh, bloody hell. Trevor's way off plot with this one.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Of course, you're entitled to your opinions, Mr. Walsingham, but I really think it's best that I be getting back..." She tries to worm her arm out of Trevor's grasp, but fails. She sighs resignedly. "Oh, very well, then."

While grasping her arm, Trevor takes notice of her strangely large hand. It has seven fingers.

JimAde

First Post
"I'm glad you've chosen to be reasonable. Let's go," Trevor says, urging her along, but not too roughly. Odd deformity, he thinks. Probably what comes from mucking about with all this mumbo jumbo.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"So what exactly do you plan on doing, anyway?" Miss Harrington asks as she follows along behind Trevor. Pushing their way through the undergrowth, the little group comes back to the inn. The sky is just beginning to show the first sunlight of the day.

Old Fezziwig

"She might be a bit right on that part. What do you suppose he's going to do, Hewitt?" Diggory says this in a low whisper. As the party returns to the inn, he puts his gun in his pocket, but keeps his knife out in his hand. If anyone asks what they've been doing, Jamison says nothing unless Trevor doesn't either, in which case he smirks and says, "Hunting."

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
"So what exactly do you plan on doing, anyway?" Miss Harrington asks as she follows along behind Trevor. Pushing their way through the undergrowth, the little group comes back to the inn. The sky is just beginning to show the first sunlight of the day.
"I'm hoping you can help us with that," Trevor asks. "We need to know all about this 'working' of yours and where Edward has gone so we can try to extract him from the mess you've gotten him into." Trevor sighs as he holds the door to admit the others to the inn. "I assume his baser urges were involved in the arrangement," he thinks looking at Miss Harrington appraisingly. "Let's get some breakfast and you can fill us in."

Remove ads