Resurrection City III: The Breconshire Horrors

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hewitt nods as if to say 'I think so', and then runs quietly after Diggory and Trevor.

Ahead, the Arab woman spins around towards Baron Walsingham. Langan also turns, but she tosses him the ruby and motions for him to keep going. Langan vanishes into the shadows of the tree, and the woman walks towards the men. As she approaches, you notice that she is dressed as befits a woman of the extremely wealthy and upper-class, though she is obviously short of true nobility. Diggory and Hewitt pause in recognition... where have they seen this woman before?

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Diggory readies his pistol, although he keeps it pointed down, and pulls his knife from his belt. He eyes the woman warily, but follows Hewitt or Walsingham's lead in any conversation or negotiation.

JimAde

First Post
Trevor tips his non-existant hat in passing and says, "Evening madam," as he tries to dash past her after Langan.

[OOC: No, I don't really expect it to work, but it's worth a shot. :) ]

Old Fezziwig

Diggory frowns. "Passed through? As to the other...." The inspector shrugs and falls silent. Before he can stop himself, however, he finds that he's speaking again, trying to buy some time to think of a better solution to the situation. "We came out this way with him, which I'm guessin' ye already know, but to call us his companions is to be assumin' a familiarity that doesn't exist. So...who might you be?" Jamison remains tense as he speaks.

JimAde

First Post
Andrew D. Gable said:
"You won't catch him," the woman says to Trevor as he dashes by. "He's already passed through. I assume you gentlemen are Langan's companions?"
Ignoring the woman, Trevor keeps running into the trees. He stops, and looks around, nonplussed for a moment by the complete lack of Edward. Shaking his head he walks back to the others.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"No, contrary to the impression I believe you are under, Edward is alive and well, I assure you," the woman says to Diggory. "Very much so, in fact. My name is Ann Harrington," she says in response to the question.

Old Fezziwig

"Well, I'm sure we're somewhat at cross-purposes here, but yer politeness bears being returned. Jamison O'Fingal Diggory."

JimAde

First Post
"Miss Harrington," Trevor says with a half-bow. "Trevor Walsingham. You'll have to excuse our appearance, but we were rather concerned about Edward and rushed out. You seem to know him well. Care to tell us what's going on here?"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Harrington smiles dangerously, and not a little haughtily, as she begins to explain. "I am member of an occult society. We have been undertaking a project, what we call a working, but we lacked one vital piece. That was the star ruby you saw me examining. Edward, bless his heart, was good enough to procure the ruby for us. So - our working can now go on unhindered."

Remove ads