Retaking Myth Drannor?

telepox

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:

<rant>
For the love of...what is it with people always bashing the Realms? Why is it that anyone who posts a simple question about a FR campaign always gets one of these people complaining about how the Realms is too "high-magic?" Why shouldn't it be high-magic, if that's how you want to play your game? And what makes it so "high-magic," anyways? I don't see a single thing in the book that makes it seem any more or less magic than any other world. The DM decides how much magic to introduce into his game, so I don't see what the big problem is.

What's wrong with evil power groups? Bah.

And I have no clue where you're coming from on the pokemon part. Whatever.
</rant>

I guess this post wasn't for you. what I meant is that WotC seems to have so many epic power groups that are on the verge of taking over the world, and all for under ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!! and here is another pokemon for you :)

hong

WotC's bitch
telepox said:

I guess this post wasn't for you. what I meant is that WotC seems to have so many epic power groups that are on the verge of taking over the world, and all for under ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!! and here is another pokemon for you :)

Three bites in seven hours. Well done. I couldn't have done better myself.

Last edited:

nick

First Post
The only instance of The Knights of Myth Drannor that I know occurs in Ed Greenwood's FR novels Spellfire and Crown of Fire.

Simon Magalis

First Post
Then for the love of all that is good and holy LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE! Spellfire may very well be the worst book I have ever read.

In other news... I once re-instituted Myth Drannor to its former glory through the use of time travel. I got tired of explaining all the changes to new PCs and went back to the old way. This is essentially the problem with canned settings like FR, especially when WotC has plot advancement in mind for the world. Who knows when THEY will decide to reclaim Myth Drannor in some novel and leave your little homebrew campaign feeling very left out and very off base.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
nick said:
The only instance of The Knights of Myth Drannor that I know occurs in Ed Greenwood's FR novels Spellfire and Crown of Fire.

The Knights of Myth Drannor can be found in many products.

They are described fully in the old 2e accessory "Hall of Heroes", including full stats for the members.
The "Heroes Lorebook" also contains full stats for the Knights.
They are mentioned repeatedly in the old 2e FR boxed sets.
"Gold and Glory" contains a section on the Knights.
The adventure "Haunted Halls of Eveningstar" also prominently features the Knights.

There are numerous other places that the Knights are mentioned.

Last edited:

SoulsFury

Explorer
As I said, they aren't mentioned in 3E and I've never read a Forgotten Realms novel and I don't plan to read them religiously, though I have thought about picking one or two up. One thing I am worried about is the plot advancement, but I can turn that into a campaign and have players participate. If I've already retake Myth Drannor and WotC decides to do the same thing in novels, I'll take it as a compliment ;) As I said, this is my Forgotten Realms, but with some input from the WotC greats (aswell as green ronin, sss and other companies inputs).

Nik

Simon Magalis

First Post
I don't know that reading Spellfire will really help that much. I would suggest downloading the Heroes sourcebook from 2e FR from the Wizards website. They are in there.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So mind if I ask what S&SS book you're using? (I assue you'll use Legions of Hell since that has some GREAT devils in it)

SoulsFury

Explorer
Nightfall said:
So mind if I ask what S&SS book you're using? (I assue you'll use Legions of Hell since that has some GREAT devils in it)

You have 666 posts :D

I love Relics and Rituals. I also like some of the monsters in CC I & II. And yes Legions of Hell as well. I'll also be adding Freeport in and Rappan Athuk. Other plans are to develop Kara-Tur some with oriental advenutres. If I ever get some money, Bluffside and a couple other places may find their way to my Faerun :)

Nik

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well not any more! :) But yeah some good choices there. My advice though, if you use ferals from CC1, make sure the party is at LEAST 5th level, otherwise they will get massacered!

RA huh?! :) Sweet. I do recommend Bluffside, it's a great little city. Next Waterdeep in my opinion. :)

If you need some help with R&R questions, comments, what ever, don't hesistate to post them here. Druid (JD Carriker) often drops by here, so he can answer most any question if I'm unable.

Remove ads