Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

(contact)

Explorer
JERandall said:
I intend to rip off (and) pay homage to many of the characters and concepts from this story hour in my next campaign. (Well, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.)

Rip them off at will, and send me an email to let me know how it went over.

For those of you who are interested, I have some of the DMs notes from this campaign, in an .rtf file that I can send to you if you're interested. Email me at cklarock@hotmail.com and I'll pass it along.

(contact)

Explorer
In the Liberation of Tenh thread, DocMoriartty asked:

could you put up a list of all the characters you ran during the TOEE2? I know you ran Lucien but who did you run before and after Lucien?

I am ashamed to admit that I lost more PCs than anyone else in the game. My characters were: Aelniir, Ahlana, Augustin, Egil, Jespo, Keriann, Little Leaf, Lucius, and poor ol' whistlin' Pippin.

Angie was a close second, having seen five PCs taken Before Their Time. She played: Daniere, Esril, Isuld, Lady Amyryth, Prisantha, and Tisha.

Our esteemed DM played two NPCs: Anton Flamehair and Heydricus.

Three other folks (who have since left our group) managed only four PC deaths between them: Ethel, Gnomishic, Gomer, Ren Qi, Reysnole, Rose, and Suhe.

You mean the DM played the only character that lived through the entire campaign?

Foul ball! Foul ball!

And here I thought Heydricus survived because his player was a crafty and sneaky person bent on survival.

(contact)

Explorer
No one survived the Temple.

Heydricus died, too, remember. He's not a 'survivor', he just has the most missions to his credit. And he wasn't really the hero of the campaign, he just got all the public credit after the fact. :)

Hmmm, he died once at a rare moment when the party had a guarunteed method to bring him back.

I also seem to remember a climactic scene where our brave Heyd got to have the heroes chat with the main villain before said villain was killed.

;)

I just love to cause grief.

(contact) said:
No one survived the Temple.

Heydricus died, too, remember. He's not a 'survivor', he just has the most missions to his credit. And he wasn't really the hero of the campaign, he just got all the public credit after the fact. :)

Remove ads