Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Zaruthustran said:
Like you, (contact)'s RTtTOEE story was my first. It's still my favorite (no offense, Sagiro and PC). The dialogue is what does it. No one writes dialogue like (contact).

-z

Hey! I'm offended! My story hour is every bit as exciting and well written as this one!

(In an alternate world where every day is opposite day)

But seriously, I just read this story again over two gluttonous days when I should have been writing my own, and I don't regret a second of it. Heck, just the chapter titles and tag lines alone are worth the admission. And Jespo is just the best.

-Sagiro

(contact)

Explorer
Bump for a friend.

tisha-vs-ogre.jpg

dungeon blaster

First Post
Hilarious! But I can't seem to get the links to work, and I REALLY want to see the illustrations! Also, if you have the DM notes online, could you post a link to them? I'd like to see the mind behind the magic.

dungeon blaster

First Post
Just finished reading LoT....all I can say is..AWESOME!

Also started the (contact) version Return to the Temple, with a few modifications:

- set around the time of the siege of Chendl during the Greyhawk wars.
- replaced the prazraelians with cultists of Orcus who are spying on the cultists of Graz'zt in the Temple.
- a couple earthquake spells have collapsed the upper temple and part of the dungeon complex (making it significantly smaller)
- got rid of the water elemental faction, so there's only the Iuzians, the Graz'zt folk, and Anchel the cultist of Zuggtmoy (a cleric/oozemaster)
- not gonna do the doppleganger event
- Xenvelen's goal is to reopen the gate located in Zuggtmoy's prison, thereby allowing a flood of demons (from Graz'zt's abyssal layer) to enter the world and tip the war in his favor.
- Planning on including Lucius once one of the Sister's is killed, and Jespo at some point as well.
- PCs are 6th level

The first adventure went pretty well. They fought some brigands in the Moathouse, made it to the torture room in the dungeon level, and r-u-n-n-o-f-t with some former prisoners/ghoul snacks. Little do they know, the forces of Orcus aren't going to merely wait for them to return. A spell-stiched ghast sorcerer, 4 ghasts, and 4 ghouls are currently tracking them... I predict 1 PC death.

Remove ads