Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

DMO

First Post
This was the first story hour I read, and it amused me muchly. Still does, in fact.

I remember calling up one of my longtime gaming buddies and telling him to check it out. "It's actually well written and funny as hell!" I was still incredulous. We'd both been lurking on the boards since the beginning of 3e over at Eric Noah's digs, but we'd never snooped around the story hour stuff, being the pretentious lit snobs that we are.

Little did we know then just how much fantastic story hour material there is here. Now we're like kids in a candy store.

"Sep just updated; go check it out!"
"I finally caught up on Piratecat's magnum opus. God, what a group!"
"Destan is a god. And his group games even less frequently than we do!"
"Have you checked out jonrog's -- or however you pronounce his name -- story hour yet? It's amazing."
"Ooh, I just found this new one set in the Lego universe, and their miniatures are ... wait for it ... Legos."

Yeah, it's getting absurd. The beautiful thing is, I know we've still just scratched the surface. And we have (contact) to thank for it. So, I guess it's about time.

Thanks, (contact)!

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
I had a similar experience. I was a hardcore post machine back when Eric Noah started the website (pre 3E). It was my first message board community participation since my C64 and IBM 386 BBS days. I did the "where are you from" threads, the "What would you be if you were a D&D character threads", and other newb threads.

I scaled back my posts once 3E came out and now pretty much lurk. What keeps me coming back are the storyhours.

Like you, (contact)'s RTtTOEE story was my first. It's still my favorite (no offense, Sagiro and PC). The dialogue is what does it. No one writes dialogue like (contact).

Thanks again for the good times (contact)!

-z

(contact)

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, did anyone else here roll up a party for the new(ish) Atari Temple of Elemental Evil game that had Heydricus, Prisantha, Jespo Crim, Lucius, and Tisha in it? Did they have a TPK in the moathouse?

Or was it just me?

KB9JMQ

First Post
Wow
I don't know how I missed this before since I have been here forever but that was a great story.
Just read it thru in one sitting. Most of my evening.
I have got to try to put my next campaign into story form.

Remove ads