• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Retro Story Hour: (Contact's) Temple of Elemental Evil 2!

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Zaruthustran said:
Like you, (contact)'s RTtTOEE story was my first. It's still my favorite (no offense, Sagiro and PC). The dialogue is what does it. No one writes dialogue like (contact).

-z

Hey! I'm offended! My story hour is every bit as exciting and well written as this one!

(In an alternate world where every day is opposite day)

But seriously, I just read this story again over two gluttonous days when I should have been writing my own, and I don't regret a second of it. Heck, just the chapter titles and tag lines alone are worth the admission. And Jespo is just the best.

-Sagiro

(contact)

Explorer
Bump for a friend.

tisha-vs-ogre.jpg

dungeon blaster

First Post
Hilarious! But I can't seem to get the links to work, and I REALLY want to see the illustrations! Also, if you have the DM notes online, could you post a link to them? I'd like to see the mind behind the magic.

dungeon blaster

First Post
Just finished reading LoT....all I can say is..AWESOME!

Also started the (contact) version Return to the Temple, with a few modifications:

- set around the time of the siege of Chendl during the Greyhawk wars.
- replaced the prazraelians with cultists of Orcus who are spying on the cultists of Graz'zt in the Temple.
- a couple earthquake spells have collapsed the upper temple and part of the dungeon complex (making it significantly smaller)
- got rid of the water elemental faction, so there's only the Iuzians, the Graz'zt folk, and Anchel the cultist of Zuggtmoy (a cleric/oozemaster)
- not gonna do the doppleganger event
- Xenvelen's goal is to reopen the gate located in Zuggtmoy's prison, thereby allowing a flood of demons (from Graz'zt's abyssal layer) to enter the world and tip the war in his favor.
- Planning on including Lucius once one of the Sister's is killed, and Jespo at some point as well.
- PCs are 6th level

The first adventure went pretty well. They fought some brigands in the Moathouse, made it to the torture room in the dungeon level, and r-u-n-n-o-f-t with some former prisoners/ghoul snacks. Little do they know, the forces of Orcus aren't going to merely wait for them to return. A spell-stiched ghast sorcerer, 4 ghasts, and 4 ghouls are currently tracking them... I predict 1 PC death.

Remove ads