• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
When the old man gets close, but not yet close enough to speak, Jerrick raises a hand in greeting and frowns slightly in a manner familiar to those who are around him any lenght of time.* Suspicious bastard, aren't you? he thinks to himself. But who would be coming from the moathouse, if there were naught by bandits and undead there?

After he has spoken, Jerrick sticks out his hand in a friendly manner. "Just takin' a look at the local scenery. My name's Jerrick. What brings you this way?"

Detect evil. If anything is actually detected, continue concentrating.

Last edited:

((OOC: Yeah, you guys jumped ahead of me a little bit. :)
Jerrick:
You don't detect anything.
))

The man grins and motions to the heavy looking pack over his shoulder, "Just checkin' the traps out around 'ere. Good catch today. Been a while since anythin' came around, guess they got smart. Can call me ol' Del. What brings you bunch out 'ere? Don't think I've seen anyone out in these parts in a few weeks."

DarkMaster

First Post
Krog looks at the men as he speaks about his hunting catch.Why is this man talking to us about his catch, who the ((*%*$ cares.

"Sorry but we don't have time to discuss about hunting rabbits, we are here for the big prey. We are here to clean up the place"

Krog nervously looks around, hopping he can find something else than this old boring hunter to occupy his short attention span brain.

Del gives Krog an amused look and smiles, "Aye...I understand. I guess I'll leave you be. But if you're a headin where I think you might be a headin you better be careful. Seen some mighty strange things out in some places..."

Chatrilon scoffed at that, also looking to Krog but speaking a bit quieter, "Crazy old man. Probably just trying to keep us away from his catches."

The man watches you walk off with a sigh, but doesn't say anything else and starts back to wandering towards Hommlet. It seems like Chatrilon looks to be much happier as you continue on, and Redithidoor is still doing his best to stick away from that man.

It doesn't take too much longer to reach thick marshlands, and in the distance, you see what can only be the moathouse. The small, ruined building is little more than a stone manor with an outer courtyard and a collapsed tower next to the gate. The upper story of the buildings looks to be in as bad shape as the tower, crumbled and smashed among the trees and surrounding marsh. The gate, though, is closed, with a strong and oddly out of place new-look to the wood. All is quiet other than the constant buzzing of mosquitos, which are impossibly thick and annoying.

DarkMaster

First Post
Krog heads ahead of the group, scouting the area. He will slowly approaches the main gate, sneaking as much as possible while always staying on the lookout for anything moving or making noises inside.

OOC move sil/hide +7, spot +5, listen +6

Ferrix

Explorer
Hedwan gazes between the two newly acquired companions and watches Krog disappear up ahead. The gnome grins, saying "should we wait for a scream or just go now?" Knowing that such humor is lost on the more kind-hearted companions, the gnome follows after the half-orc, managing the shadows likewise.

OOC: Hide +13, Move Silently +5

Remove ads