• New Player

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Returning Player

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • Existing/Current Player

Votes: 65 66.3%

pkt77242

Explorer
As a returning player (I have mostly played 1e, 2e, and a small amount of 3e), I was wondering how many other players are returning after being away for a while and how many players are new and of course how many are still going strong. Also if you are a returning player, what in particular is drawing you back to D&D?

JC99

Explorer
Returning. I started with 3e and last time I played was shortly before 4e came out.
5th edition has me excited again. :D

Olorin

Into the West
Returning (sort of). Played a lot of 3E, wanted to play 4E but never successfully did, been playing Pathfinder for about a year but not really enjoying it, very excited about 5E and DMing my first session of the starter set in about a week!

Agamon

Adventurer
I took a break from RPGs for about 18 months in 2010/11. But I don't really consider myself "returning". I'm returning to the brand. I didn't play too much 4e and haven't played 3e for many years.

Xodis

First Post
Have taken an "involuntary" break from gaming for the past few years. Mainly due to time, resources, and lack of group, looking to get back into though with the new edition.

Tormyr

Hero
I marked myself as current, but I am new to D&D since the September playtest and Murder in Baldur's Gate. At the start of the year, I started being the DM, and my table and I haven't looked back.

Brainwatch

Explorer
Returning (hopefully)

Started with AD&D, played some 2E, dropped out (group all graduated college), Started back up with 3.0, played some 3.5 before group fell apart (kids), missed 4E, Have gotten excited about 5E, just need a group now......

jrowland

First Post
existing player.

Started with Frank Mentzers Red Box and haven't stopped. I always have an active game I am running or playing in.

Troll_Mage

First Post
Been playing since 1978 to about 2008 (Original to 3.5). In between ran and played five - six Pathfinder and a couple DCC games for few years. From 2013 running a 3.5 campaign, but should be wrapping up in a few months. Somewhat interested in 5th, hoping to find a decent enough DM to give it a good test run.

Remove ads