Revolution!, Part I

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Storm Arrow nods her understanding and begins to set out to follow the others. With a last look back she scanned the surroundings to see if there was anyone else with the lad or if there was something out of the ordinary about him.

The closer we get to our destination, the more I have this feeling of paranoia. Of course, it could just be the distance from my tree, Storm Arrow thought.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the yellow-leaf trees." April sings as she rides along with her friends, not feeling the uneasiness many of them are displaying.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Approaching the Compound

You follow the scout's instructions, and soon find yourselves on a small hill with a copse of trees, shortly after the sun sets.

After dismounting and journeying through the copse, you are now on the other side of the hill. In a small valley, roughly 300 feet away, is a stout, stone building, presumably the Ashkian compound that you have been searching for.

Around the parapet, there appear to be four torches, one on each wall. You can make out two shadowy, vaguely humanoid shapes on either side of the torches on each wall.

On the southern wall, the wall closest to you, is a heavy iron gate. It is currently closed. You can see no other entrance, but there are no barriers in front of the gates.

dpdx

Explorer
"Well, step one was to wait 'til nightfall," Padraic says as he dismounts. "So we might as well get some rest, if we need it. No fire, I'd imagine, so we might wish to huddle together for warmth, in case it gets cold...", he continues, casting a lascivious eye in Storm Arrow's direction. "And then, by the light of the moon, we kill the Ashkians!"

Smiling, he finds a tree and begins to bundle his stuff against it, taking care to build a natural visual profile, so that the Ashkians don't take undue notice.

Satisfied, he sits up against the tree, and closes his eyes.

Shaking his head, "I wish we could do this with as little killing as possible, weren't those our order too." Sigh "Well, I guess it can't be helped, at least someone is going to die tonight."

Jemal

Adventurer
Aprils smile lights up her face like the sunrise lights the sky, and she tries to find an oak tree nearby. "I'll be glad when we have freed our companions, and killed those beasts. I'll be with the trees until then."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Night would be fine as it will allow some of us to use our night vision," Storm Arrow commented. She checks over her gear and sits with her back against a tree in a direction away from the compound and rests, the calm before tonite's activities.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
As you wait in silence on the hill, the two moons begin to slowly creep over the horizon. The entire field below you is illuminated in the harsh white light of the moons, and you can see almost as clearly as you could in daylight.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"I guess that was somewhat less useful that I thought. Suggestions on how to approach this now?" Storm Arrow asked.

Remove ads