Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA OOC Thread (ToEE) - ATTENTION PLAYERS!

Rhun

First Post
Didn't we have a cart with a horse from Shoon the Bounty hunter that we need to return with? Or am I misremembering?

Did you want the cart with the horses? That said, most of you could get some rest on the way to Hommlet...or try anyway.

Also, Renau1g; I will be writing you in shortly. I just need to go over your PC. Probably tonight, since I'm busy for a lot of this weekend.

Rhun

First Post
Alright Renau1g,

Here are issues I have with the crunch:

--- Dex should only be a 15 (4 points spent gives you a 12, +2 dex gives you a 14, +1 level increase gives you a 15)

--- The +3 in the armor class line should go under DEX, not SHIELD

--- You can get rid of the wand of identify, if you want, since I already have a method to allow wizards and such to identify items. Let me see if I can find it and post it so you have something to look at.

--- I'm going to have to nix the Amber Amulet of Vermin...it effectively lets you cast Monster Summoning VII, a level 7 spell, once a day for ten rounds, for 700gp? Unless there is something I'm missing, that's extremely underpriced. Hell, a scroll of Monster Summoning VII is 2275gp, and it is ONLY usable once. A 7th level pearl of power, usable once per day, is 49,000gp (an there is no doubt a pearl of power is a bit more versatile than this item...but you have to be able to cast the 7th level spell prior to using it!)

--- You might want some other equipment? A backpack, a beltpouch, some clothing? :)

If I missed something or figured something out wrong, please let me know. If you want to give me a really, really good argument as to how the Amber Amulet of Vermin isn't overpowered for the cost, I'd be willing to listen...

renau1g

First Post
Alright Renau1g,

Here are issues I have with the crunch:

--- Dex should only be a 15 (4 points spent gives you a 12, +2 dex gives you a 14, +1 level increase gives you a 15)

--- The +3 in the armor class line should go under DEX, not SHIELD

--- You can get rid of the wand of identify, if you want, since I already have a method to allow wizards and such to identify items. Let me see if I can find it and post it so you have something to look at.

--- I'm going to have to nix the Amber Amulet of Vermin...it effectively lets you cast Monster Summoning VII, a level 7 spell, once a day for ten rounds, for 700gp? Unless there is something I'm missing, that's extremely underpriced. Hell, a scroll of Monster Summoning VII is 2275gp, and it is ONLY usable once. A 7th level pearl of power, usable once per day, is 49,000gp (an there is no doubt a pearl of power is a bit more versatile than this item...but you have to be able to cast the 7th level spell prior to using it!)

--- You might want some other equipment? A backpack, a beltpouch, some clothing? :)

If I missed something or figured something out wrong, please let me know. If you want to give me a really, really good argument as to how the Amber Amulet of Vermin isn't overpowered for the cost, I'd be willing to listen...

I've swapped it out for Tome of Worldly Memory - 3/day - spend a standard action to review book, gain +5 on a single knowledge check - 1500gp.

I bought some other basic gear. I usually forget to do that, especially on a PC above 1st level. Bedroll, backpack, pouch, clothing.

Fixed the issues with Dexterity, not sure what happened there.

Didn't we have a cart with a horse from Shoon the Bounty hunter that we need to return with? Or am I misremembering?

Rhun, If I was you I would have rule that since the group suffered horrors and terrors in the temple dungeons, the party forgot to gather Shoon's cart on the way. what a terrible fate for the horses. :devil:

Rhun

First Post
Rhun, If I was you I would have rule that since the group suffered horrors and terrors in the temple dungeons, the party forgot to gather Shoon's cart on the way. what a terrible fate for the horses. :devil:

That was my first thought about it...in your haste to flee, you totally forgot about Shoon's horses. But then I remembered that Ciaran has his horse too, I think...and I don't think he would have forgotten him.

Rhun

First Post
Identifying Magic Items
(Adapted from the Maester prestige class in CAd.)

Anyone with the ability to detect magic and some knowledge of spellcraft can attempt to identify magical items. By spending an hour handling and examining an item and making a successful Spellcraft check (DC10 + item's caster level), you can determine the magical properties of a magic item. You cannot Take 10 or Take 20 on this check, but you can try again, though each attempt take one hour.

Though I think that in practice, I've just been telling you guys what you find...though I've been assuming that Ciaran or someone is spending the requisite time during the group's rest periods to figure out what everything is. Going forward I might have to be a bit more strict on that. :D

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
That was my first thought about it...in your haste to flee, you totally forgot about Shoon's horses. But then I remembered that Ciaran has his horse too, I think...and I don't think he would have forgotten him.

Heck, no! Although maybe I send Galliard to go tell Encraidd where we are.

Remove ads