• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA OOC Thread (ToEE) - CLOSED!!!

Voadam

Legend
Hmm, medium armor, no shield, one less HD, big two-handed weapon, and a propensity to run up and hit things for a lot of damage. I think mechanically Sir Merrick is a striker. :)

Rhun

First Post
Hmm, medium armor, no shield, one less HD, big two-handed weapon, and a propensity to run up and hit things for a lot of damage. I think mechanically Sir Merrick is a striker. :)

I'm not familiar with the 4E terminology yet, but I'm fairly certain that Merrick has enough cash for heavy armor. If you guys ever make it back to Hommlet to spend some of that money. :D

Voadam

Legend
I'm not familiar with the 4E terminology yet, but I'm fairly certain that Merrick has enough cash for heavy armor. If you guys ever make it back to Hommlet to spend some of that money. :D

And give up the breastplate with the Garland coat of arms? Never!:)

I'm going for the spring attack feat chain next for AoO free charging and plan on pumping up my existing medium magic armor further instead of trading in.

In 4e strikers are mobile heavy damage dealers who are somewhat vulnerable and fragile (rogues, rangers, warlocks).

Fighters are generally supposed to be defenders, who can hang tough in combat and whose job is to tie up foes so they don't get to the vulnerable parts of the party.

Rhun

First Post
I think Dire_Lemming is the only person we are actually missing.

I wanted to apologize for the delays, but I think I have everything back on track in RL now...so things should flow a little smoother now. Thanks for all of your patience, guys!

Dire Lemming

First Post
We keep going in there, supposedly with the intention of taking a prisoner we can question about the location of the temple's prisoners, and yet every time we completely fail at this task, and then run away. Next day we do the exact same thing, and they still haven't even set sentries. We can't stick to a strategy as simple as bash this guy over the head and drag him out with us, nevermind anything even slightly complex. And Ciaran keeps trying to kill me! Shoon's only real in character reason for sticking around has just been revealed to be in a completely different direction, and his secondary reason of helping them rescue their friend seems not to be important to anyone but himself. If I were to roleplay my character properly he'd only be sticking around to try to convince Aeron to leave these lunatics before they get them both killed in their mad crusade to slaughter a bunch of mentally deficient thugs.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
You know, DL, you do raise some interesting points. The funny thing is: that is exactly how the adventure is supposed to be played. It is supposed to highlight the chaotic nature of the beings dwelling in the Temple, their inability to fully cooperate with one another, and the actual infighting that takes place between the factions. Why should the Fire, Air and Water Temples care if you assault the Earth Temple, after all?

Remove ads