Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

Ares - Tiefling Evoker 5

The evoker despised the touch of the water, the feeling of drizzle and rain. Fire and acid did it to him, raising the adrenaline in his body to higher levels, the feeling of ignition between his fingers, the dripping of acid from his palms. He gazed far, on the lone traveler that took the same route to Barovia. When the rain began to fall, an invisible magic placed his hood over his horny head. Without looking at his party friends he said
A lone traveler, heading for Dunfield ... Dunfield
He rolled the name on his tongue
It lies on the borders of the cursed lands of Barovia, beware ...
He said under his hood with a boo
They do not like the different, they reject the aliens, and they hang witches and kill demons.
The last phrase was meant for him and Esmeralda

[sblock=ooc] - Everyday Ares raise his mage armor with a use of his rod of extend for 8 hours protection.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Ryan Lester, duskblade

Ryan pulls up the hood of his cloak and tries not to let the physical discomforts of the journey and the rain dampen his spirits. He looks forward to stopping for the night, and thinks about which tunes he will play on his mandolin. Still, he feels tired and uneasy.

"I agree, Kyranvik. Almost any traveler would prefer some company on the journey."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The evoker despised the touch of the water, the feeling of drizzle and rain. Fire and acid did it to him, raising the adrenaline in his body to higher levels, the feeling of ignition between his fingers, the dripping of acid from his palms. He gazed far, on the lone traveler that took the same route to Barovia. When the rain began to fall, an invisible magic placed his hood over his horny head. Without looking at his party friends he said
A lone traveler, heading for Dunfield ... Dunfield
He rolled the name on his tongue
It lies on the borders of the cursed lands of Barovia, beware ...
He said under his hood with a boo
They do not like the different, they reject the aliens, and they hang witches and kill demons.
The last phrase was meant for him and Esmeralda

[sblock=ooc] - Everyday Ares raise his mage armor with a use of his rod of extend for 8 hours protection.[/sblock]

Esmerelda cocked her head. "Who hangs witches and demons? Our destination of Dunfield?"

Nebten

First Post
Esmerelda cocked her head. "Who hangs witches and demons? Our destination of Dunfield?"

Well which place doesn't? After all, its not like they have a good reputation, present company excluded. Don't worry though, cheri. I won't tell them of your talents . . . for much.

Donner gives a wide toothy grin. He then trots up ahead towards the solidary man feeling the confidence that his god with with him.

'Lo traveler! Care for some company this blissful night? They skies may be heavenly, but these roads can be hell.

Donner

Jemal

Adventurer
Kay'el sighed - Another human. Oh well, after so many years he was used to their numerous imperfections, the common mispronunciation of his name as 'kyle' possibly one of the worst, in his estimation. "Oh very well, let us invite the strange one, I suppose one more such will make little difference in this group." The haughty elf tosses his hair out of his face while he speaks, the wet braids of silver flying back as he crinkles his nose slightly, staring at the figure they approach.

He tries his best to ignore the rain, acting as though it isn't even there, though inside he longs for civilization. Someone of his grace and standing should not be tromping about in the mud.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well which place doesn't? After all, its not like they have a good reputation, present company excluded. Don't worry though, cheri. I won't tell them of your talents . . . for much.

Donner gives a wide toothy grin. He then trots up ahead towards the solidary man feeling the confidence that his god with with him.

'Lo traveler! Care for some company this blissful night? They skies may be heavenly, but these roads can be hell.

Donner

Esme grins at Donner's teasing but inside her thoughts wander Just one little hex will cure that attitude right up... She laughs to herself and sticks near Ky as they near the stranger.

Rhun

First Post
Lightning again flashes in the distance, and thunder roars around you. Donner speeds up his gait to attempt to catch the lone traveler ahead, calling out to him. Whether he hears the priest's call is not immediately discernable.

Somewhere nearby, a wolf howls. Several other howls answer the inimical call of the first.

Ares

No
The Evoker replies.
On the other side of the border, where wolves howl at night seeking living flesh as a prey, where the trees grows thick, where twisted tree branches are perfect for burning, there ... The place where hidden magic is forbidden, where aliens are treated as lepers. Barovia ...
He let the name slide of his mouth with disgust.
My own flesh screams from the cursed ground ... I was in Barovia and I fled ... this is not a place for the weak. This is a place where legends stalk the land ... oh, many legends. There are tales that creep heors, even the bravest child shakes before he goes to sleep. Do not be light headed my friends ... some of the legends may be true. Being strong and well armed is needed for those who are not welcome.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
As if to punctuate Ares' words, another wolf howls in the distance, this one nearer than the last. Certainly it is an apt night for spooky stories.

Last edited:

Remove ads