Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

s@squ@tch

First Post
Delkat Kraylin

"How much longer to that damned village..." thinks Delkat as he continues his trudging through the storm.

A while later, he hears footsteps growing closer, turning his head to the side, he notices one of the group behind him closing upon him.

His hand reaches towards the handle of his morningstar underneath his wet cloak.

Muffled words reach his ears, but he can't make out what the man is trying to say due to the weather.

Still keeping his pace, he waits until the man is close enough to hear then turns his head to the side as he continues to walk.

"Greetings, friend. How might I aid thee on this wretched evening?"

Nebten

First Post
Donner strolls up to the man without a care in the world, a home with the pouring rain. He uses his longspear as a walking stick and waves the man down with his bucklered hand.

ACTUAL . . . Actually, I believe we maybe able to help you. We noticed you along the road heading towards. So instead of spyin' ye arse the entire trip, we invite you to travel with us. While the Sky Guardian is with us tonight, foul creatures may feel brave against a lone walker. By my eye, the storm will get worse before it gets better, but we should be able to sleep in a dry bed not before too long. Take it or leave it, but I extend the hand.

s@squ@tch

First Post
[sblock=Rhun]
Know(Religion) Check +9 to know who the Sky Guardian is, especially info about the followers alignments, portfolios, etc.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For S@squ@tch]
Nebten is simply taking some creative liberties...however, I certainly won't complain. Anything that helps flesh out my campaign world is a good thing, in my book. So, in this particular usage, Sky Guardian is referring to the god Bahari. He is actually the god of oceans, seas, and the protector of sailors. However, weather is one of his domains of influence.

Bahari (God of Ocean & Seas, Protector of Sailors)
Chaotic Good
Lesser Power
Portfolio: Ocean, seas, sailing
Domains: Ocean, water, weather
Preferred Weapon: Trident

His use of Sky Guardian could possibly cause some confusion though, as he could be referring to Kathia the AirWalker.

Kathia (Air Walker, Lady of the Sky)
Chaotic Neutral
Intermediate Goddess
Portfolio: Air, wind, sky
Domains: Air, sky, storm, weather
Preferred Weapon: Spear

So it is your call how to react to that...you could play Delkat as knowing who he i talking about, or be confused, or feign ignorance. Your call. :)
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Delkat looks the man over with his piercing eyes, noting his appearance and equipment, trying to get a sense of the man's aura, then looks to the others in distant group.

They had been behind him for some time, but had not attempted to waylay or ambush him, so he was fairly certain that they were not highwaymen like the others he had dispatched earlier.

"I see no reason not to travel as a group at this time. For there is often wisdom in numbers."

Delkat stops walking to allow the main group to catch up, all the while looking over each member in turn, sensing just exactly who, or what, they are.

[sblock=Rhun]
At this point, Delkat will have assumed that Donner is speaking about Kathia, due to the longspear he carries, along with his knowledge of her portfolio, as it makes the most sense to him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nebten

First Post
"Well, I might be the wisest of the lot but that isn't saying much," Donner says while the rest of the party catches up to them with a chuckle. He looks up toward the sky and allows the rain come down upon his face, then shakes out his black hair. One is able to note that the center hairs are unusually white and contrasts with his ebony locks.

Once they arrive, he encourages the party to continue to walk and talk. "The name is Donner. I'll let the rest of these mooks introduce themselves. Let's pick it up though, we should be able to make it to town's edge not before long."

renau1g

First Post
The man with the pale skin and silver hair steps forward, you notice silver scales around his neck area as he moves.

"Greetings human, I am known as Sarryx. It is good to see another traveller who doesn't mean us harm on the road." the man says.

Without revealing the horns under his hood, the evoker says
Ares
His eyes try to penetrate who is the man.
You are lucky traveler, walking in such a day all alone toward Barovia ... the hunting packs are already gathered among the woods to catch a lone wanderer.

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Renau1g/Sarryx]
As introductions are being made, Sarryx hears a branch snap somewhere to the rest, in the tangles of trees that line the muddy road. He is fairly certain that it was not caused by wind or rain.

OOC: In the upcoming surprise round, only Sarryx will be able to act. Please provide a response to this, in sblock tags, so I can add your PC's actions to the surprise round post. Remember, only a standard action can be used in the surprise round.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"I am Kay'el" The elf pronounces it Kai-L as he gives the man a once over. "A pleasure, I'm sure. Come let us continue out of this mud, I've no desire to feed the wolves."

Remove ads