• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rhun's I6: Ravenloft - IC Thread

Fenris

Adventurer
Kyranvik
AC: 25* (MC) HP:66/66
PP: 26/27
[sblock]
Yeah, since I am going DEAD last, I may wait
1d20=1
But let's post an action that may be superfluous.

Attack the monster in front of him, manifest Hammer as a swift action (1 PP)

1d20+11=21, 3d6+7+1d8=23
[/sblock]

Ares was ready, the howls of the wolves are familiar to him as he lived his childhood in Barovia. He glances at the furred creatures to identify their nature.

Taking a small leather loop out of his pouch, Ares calls “Rihuf Lema’la”, the small loop disintegrate in his hand, in an instant, Ares begin to float upward and out of the reach of the wolves.

[sblock=action]
Init (1d20+5=24)
Knowledge Arcane to Identify creatures (1d20+12=32)
Cast Levitate - moving 20 ft' up.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The wolfmen were upon the group before Ryan could introduce himself to the stranger.

He draws his greatsword as soon as he can react. Not knowing the nature of these foes, he has to assume the worst, and uses some of his arcane power, saying the words to infuse his sword with a charge of electricity while swinging it.

He strikes the entangled wolfman near the neck, a mighty blow that would bring down all but the toughest opponent, as electricity surges into the monster.

[sblock=ooc]init = 13

draw sword as move action; att adjacent wolfman #4 while channeling shocking grasp

crit hit; 13 base damage + 17 crit + 22 electric = 52 total[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Kinem]
Hey Kinem, I don't have my PHB2 with me, but I was under the impression that if you used Arcane Channeling you don't have to "cast" the spell...thus, no defensive casting needed, as Arcane Channeling doesn't provoke AoO.

Am I misinterpreting this?
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Rhun]Now that you mention it you're probably right. In any case you're the DM, so I won't object to using that interpretation :)[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The haughty elf nods as Delkat reveals his destination "AH, we too are heading towards WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Kay'el whirls about as flames leap from his draconic companion towards the treeline.

"Oh.. bloody hell." He raises his walking stick as the wolf-men close in, but realizes that his reaction is too slow.

[sblock=ooc]
[Please roll initiative and post actions - I doubt anyone will act before the first wolf, but Kay'el & Esmeralda could tie on a natural 20
Initiative (1d20+6=9) So much for that theory.
Since all 4 NPCs go before me, I'll post after I know where they move/what they do.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Kinem]
I only see one attack roll...there should be one for the attack, and one for the crit confirmation. Am I missing something?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: If you were one of those waiting on the wolfmen's actions, they are posted above, so please post your actions.

Remove ads