Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

BigB

First Post
As Phoenix leads the group further into the tunnel off the cavern, 3 crossbow bolts hit the ground around her. You were all caught completely by surprise! :]

ooc: 2 separate spot checks each please.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring gets up to follow Phoenix when she starts to move farther into the cave. Farther in, farther from the light, the sun.. the fresh air. It's so damp and foul and.. and... dead! He clamps down on another surge of panic and edges forward with the others. When the bolts fly from the darkness he yelps in surprise.

Lookspring Spot (1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=14)

BigB

First Post
This area along the stream is filled with loose stones and mud. Off to the side are 3 large piles of rocks.

[sblock=Phoenix]Behind the 3 large piles of rocks you can make out 3 humanoid figures hiding. Also you think you see a glint of yellow amongst the rocks under your feet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lookspring]Behind the 3 large piles of rocks you can make out 3 Dwarves reloading crossbows.[/sblock]

The sailors are behind you but slow to react.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Time to die, frekkers!" Phoenix shouts as she starts running towards the piles of rocks to take the fight to her attackers. With her mindblade gleaming and Phoenix lusting for battle, her eyes shine with malice and anticipation...

OOC: She will run around either the far left stack or the far right stack of rocks so that she doesn't come out between two of them. Also hopefully, they'll be in a line and unable to target her as well with one of their teammates in the way. Then she can work her way down the line.

Initiative (1d20+2=4)

BigB

First Post
Lookspring and Phoenix charge at the ambushers making room for the sailors to fire their crossbows (rather poorly...not one over a 6 to hit :eek: ). The hidden ambushers return fire...hitting Lookspring for 6 and one of the sailors for 3. Clearly dwarves as you round the pile of stones.

ooc: Full move to reach them. Lookspring hits next round. Are you both going to the same stone pile (the closest)? Running to another would leave you open to more attacks and there is room for both of you to stay together, and that tactic has worked well so far. oops was I supposed to say that?

sequence and status

Dwarf 1 (12 damage)

Dwarf 2 (6 damage)

Dwarf 3(10damage)

Lookspring (13/23)

Sailor 1

Sailor 2 unconscious and bleeding

Sailor 3 unconscious and bleeding

Phoenix (15/21)

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Staying together sounds good to me. BTW, any chance we can agree that Phoenix used one of those rounds after the undead and before this to regain her Psionic Focus since I forgot to mention it? If not, that's understandable. Just hope it doesn't make the difference.

Phoenix charges around the nearest pile of rocks right behind Lookspring ready to swing at the first dwarf she can reach with her mindblade...

Rnd 1 Attack and Damage (1d20+5=19, 1d6+3=9)

HP: 19/21
PP: 3/4

[sblock=Please read]Unfortunately, I'm going to be absent for a week starting tomorrow. Going on vacation with family down to Florida! I MAY be able to get a little net access to post once or twice during the week. I hope at least. If it's more convenient for you to NPC my character for the rest of this fight and beyond, I give permission for the DM to do that. My character stats are linked in the first page of the thread or in my sig below if you want to do that.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: Staying together sounds good to me. BTW, any chance we can agree that Phoenix used one of those rounds after the undead and before this to regain her Psionic Focus since I forgot to mention it? If not, that's understandable. Just hope it doesn't make the difference.

OOC: I am not sure what you mean. I have not dealt with psionics much and I have to admit I have had to do some reading a couple times ;) . As long as it is something she can do in a round sure. To regain used power points she needs to rest for 8 hours though.

BigB

First Post
As Phoenix and Lookspring close in the first dwarf he hastily fires and hits phoenix for 8pts. Phoenix and Lookspring close the distance and the combined attacks take the dwarf down easily. The other Dwarves and the sailors exchange fire dropping one dwarf and one sailor to the ground.

ooc: one dwarf left, phoenix takes a hit for 8 pts, sailor 3 takes a hit for 8pts and dwarf 2 takes a hit for 6 pts.

next round

Remove ads