Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring frowns at the thought of giving up even a scrap of their hard earned treasure. "They're getting payed already by the captain right, I don't see why they should get any extra for doing their job. After all, we had to save them half the time we were down there. Though at least they were good at getting stabbed, shot, and clawed when it could have been my precious flesh. Fine, but it better be the absolute smallest, ugliest pearls in our pile!"

When it comes time to drag his heavy chest back to the village, he feels better about giving up some pearls when it comes time to recruit a sailor to act as a porter.

OOC: I'm find with the handwave as well. =) Here's the list of stuff I bought. I'll probably keep the chest to lock up my goodies for the trip back. <-- Paranoid!
[SBLOCK]
Purchased for Trade in Rich Beyond Dreams:
Bullseye Lantern x 2 - 24gp
Chain - 30gp
Bell x10 - 10gp
Mirror x5 - 50gp
Spade/Shovel x5 - 10gp
Hunk of Cheese x4 - 2gp
Fine wine x1 - 10gp
Total of 136gp
[/SBLOCK]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Unfortunatly, I may not be able to post any this weekend because my computer monitor at home has died. If we somehow get a new (or used) one hooked up this weekend I'll post, but otherwise I won't be back until Monday, I mean Tuesday. Just wanted you all to know.

EDIT: Managed to get a used monitor for $2.00 so I'm back in business, not that it matters much for this adventure since it's only on the weekdays mostly anyway. ;)

Another Edit: BigB, just how fast of a handwave were you considering? I was wondering because Rystil Arden just dropped notice of a mega-adventure crossover requiring multiple parties of higher level adventurers. I don't know if you had much further planned for this adventure or not, but if not I wouldn't begrudge you handwaving the rest of the dealings on the island as well as the return trip to Orussus so Phoenix (and perhaps Lookspring) could have a chance to join in...unless you had another sequel planned for after this adventure? Just let us know when you post if you can. Thanks.

P.S.- Okay, Rystil Arden said not to hurry anything too much, because it'll take a little bit anyway to set it all up. Sorry if I seemed to be rushing you. It's not due to any dissatisfaction with the adventure or anything. Just seemed like we were pretty close to wrapping up anyway, and I hadn't noticed any dangling plot threads that seemed to be pointing towards a sequel. If I was wrong on either of those counts, then that's my mistake. Because if there is a sequel, I'd be happy to take it on. I just wanted to know that she's got somewhere to go than to wait in the RDI. Just that knowing how hard it is to get back into an adventure sometimes and how long of a wait one can have in the RDI, I got a little anxious. Hope I didn't offend. :uhoh:

IC: Before the trading gets started in earnest, Phoenix takes the maps and scrolls from the dwarf caves before the village elder (or whomever she can) to ask if any of them is able to read the language upon them...

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
OOC: Unfortunatly, I may not be able to post any this weekend because my computer monitor at home has died. If we somehow get a new (or used) one hooked up this weekend I'll post, but otherwise I won't be back until Monday, I mean Tuesday. Just wanted you all to know.

EDIT: Managed to get a used monitor for $2.00 so I'm back in business, not that it matters much for this adventure since it's only on the weekdays mostly anyway. ;)

Another Edit: BigB, just how fast of a handwave were you considering? I was wondering because Rystil Arden just dropped notice of a mega-adventure crossover requiring multiple parties of higher level adventurers. I don't know if you had much further planned for this adventure or not, but if not I wouldn't begrudge you handwaving the rest of the dealings on the island as well as the return trip to Orussus so Phoenix (and perhaps Lookspring) could have a chance to join in...unless you had another sequel planned for after this adventure? Just let us know when you post if you can. Thanks.

P.S.- Okay, Rystil Arden said not to hurry anything too much, because it'll take a little bit anyway to set it all up. Sorry if I seemed to be rushing you. It's not due to any dissatisfaction with the adventure or anything. Just seemed like we were pretty close to wrapping up anyway, and I hadn't noticed any dangling plot threads that seemed to be pointing towards a sequel. If I was wrong on either of those counts, then that's my mistake. Because if there is a sequel, I'd be happy to take it on. I just wanted to know that she's got somewhere to go than to wait in the RDI. Just that knowing how hard it is to get back into an adventure sometimes and how long of a wait one can have in the RDI, I got a little anxious. Hope I didn't offend. :uhoh:

IC: Before the trading gets started in earnest, Phoenix takes the maps and scrolls from the dwarf caves before the village elder (or whomever she can) to ask if any of them is able to read the language upon them...

ooc:We are almost finished up here. You have completed the side adventure and the main adventure is to return and establish the trade route. I had planned a small side encounter to get you more experience and add some more story to the adventure.

On trade goods you earn 100% profit, so Phoenix gets 252 gp value (5 x 50gp pearls and 2gold coins). Lookspring gets 316gp value (6 x 50gp pearls and 16 gold coins). You also sell items Verrick had brought to trade netting 10 gold coins.

The captain and sailors are very happy with the outcome and offer you a percentage of their profit. 200 gold coins each for Lookspring and Phoenix. You see that the sailors have been busy while you were risking your lives. The have built a warehouse and barracks near the beach to accomodate the trade route.

The village elder approaches you at the conclusion of the trading. We go on big hunt tomorrow and would be honored if you would join us. Perhaps we can learn from great warriors as yourselves.

ooc: the hunting trip is mostly an encounter with a big nasty creature to get experience. If you decline you will have a day of lounging and relaxation before the ship departs for Orussus.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"I would be honored to join your hunting party." Phoenix says with a bow to the village elder. Phoenix uses the time to explore the village alone and then to rest and sleep the night away till it's time for the hunt.

OOC: So, no word on if anyone here can read what's written on the map/scrolls we got from the dwarves?
So Phoenix and Lookspring split the 10 GP from Verricks' stuff and get 5gp each I guess. :D Poor Verrick, Pinkie, and Ray...
Searched back through the thread and found the following items of interest we can amuse ourselves with before the hunt:
-We've used 18 charges of the 50 from the wand of Cure Light Wounds so far (6 for Phoenix, 5 for Lookspring, and 7 for the sailors).
-We never did find a key for the metal chest we found down below did we? Is there anybody up here we can pay to pick the lock? (NPC Pinkie or Ray??) Or can we just break it open?
-Is there a village shaman we could pay to do a detect magic and tell us if any of the equipment (including the locked metal chest) we acquired from the dwarves radiates magical energies?
-If we were able to figure out if any of it was magical, we could sell the natives the regular handaxes and crossbows and armor if they were interested. Beats carrying it back on the ship if we can sell it here for the same price. If not, then we haul that gear plus the gold nuggets and other treasure back to Orussus to sell and divide later. Maybe we can even get some neat trophies from the hunt tommorrow! :D

Also, here is Phoenix's next initiative (1d20+2=14) for when we get to the hunt...

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: I'm up for the hunting trip, we just can't turn down a little more exp ;) Plus I could use another trophy to go with the claw thing I took from the battle on the ship.

"Of course you'd want the finest shot on the island with your hunting party. I accept, and after I slay the fiercest beast we come across I will take the first trophy from it." Lookspring spends the rest of the day transporting his chest full of coins and pearls back to the ship for safe keeping. He carefully hides it in his room and double checks the lock, not trusting the two halflings to keep their sticky fingers off his treasure. He'll spend the night aboard the ship, one hand resting on the lid of his chest.

BigB

First Post
No key was found for the metal chest. As you ask around for someone to open the box, you are directed to one of the sailors that stayed with the captain. He looks it over and after a few moments smiling he says it is locked and trapped, 40 gold to open it for you.

The village shaman agrees to cast detect magic for 25 gp.

The Village Elder seems very excited that you will join the hunt. One of the tribal warriors, you recognize as the leader of the group that met you on the trail when you first arrived seems less impressed....We will see who is the best hunter little one. He then turns and leaves.

Some of the warriors seem interested in the weapons you brought back from the dwarves, but would like a demonstration to see how good they are and how to use them.

BigB

First Post
The shaman offers to look over the strange writings though he will need a day to do so. He will be ready when you return from the hunt.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Phoenix votes for paying the 40 GP to unlock and untrap the chest as well as paying the 25 GP to detect magic on all the treasure...AFTER we have the chest opened and can detect what's in it also. I also would vote to demonstrate the usage of the weapons a little and offer those warriors that are interested in them (the non-magical stuff) to take and use them on the hunt to try them out. After the hunt then, anyone that wants to buy any of the non-magical gear can do so. Maybe we can take any magical stuff back to Rinaldo's shop if it's not stuff either Lookspring or Phoenix want.

Other than that, Phoenix is ready to go on the hunt!

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Aye, I was thinking a little combat, maybe doing non-lethal damage with the weapons. Lookspring would be all for a little brawling. If they don't actually want to fight, Lookspring will show them off on a target.
I'm fine with the 32.5 a piece for the unlock and detect.

Lookspring sorts through the weapons later in the day and shows them off one by one to those interested. He extols the virtues of each as he goes. "This here falchion is a nice weapon, see the long curve on the blade? Great for slicing a long cut, you can really lay someone open with that one. And this here morningstar. See the spikes coming off of it? Long enough to damage the internals if you strike hard enough. These here crossbows are of excellent craftmanship. You just have to load a bolt, pull back the string, and it's ready to fire in the blink of an eye. Great for a long stalk when you might need to fire in a heartbeat and don't have time to draw an arrow and pull back a string."

BigB

First Post
The box is opened by the sailor although his shirt is ruined by acid that sprays from the lock, he narrowly avoids taking damage himself. Inside the chest are 2 potions, and gold nuggets.

The shaman casts detect magic and only the 4 potions are magical. He identifies the potions as: potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of bulls strength, potion of cure light wounds, and a potion of heroism. (cure light and heroism were in the metal chest).

Lookspring goes through a routine to show the natives the quality of the weapons discovering they are all MW quality. The natives agree to use them in the hunt and find out first hand if they want to trade for them.

The night is restfull and in the morning the hunting party is gathered near the north side of the village. The hunters have painted themselves with foul smelling berries that stain the skin green and brown. As you approach the leader signals to move out and they turn silently and move single file into the jungle.

Remove ads