Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As the hunting party gathers, Lookspring double checks his gear and readies himself for the trek. He scrutinizes the party, trying to decide which looks the weakest and most likely to be killed by whatever dangerous game they come across. I'll find a spot somewhere in the middle. The people at the front will die if they stumble across something big and nasty, while the ones in the back are more likely to be eaten by predators stalking us from behind...
Satisfied at last, he falls in to his chosen spot in line and begins the trek into the jungle.

BigB

First Post
After a few hours of moving through the jungle a loud crashing sounds startles everyone as the largest bear you can imagine crashes into one of the villagers (3rd in front of Lookspring) swatting the villager aside with one claw opening the villager from abdomen to head spraying blood and gore everywhere.

initiative rolls and actions.....

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Initiative as posted above was 14 for Phoenix. If it's only a few people in front of Lookspring, I'm guessing 20' from him. I could go with Phoenix being right near or in front of Lookspring. Phoenix thrown mind blade attack at Bear (1d20+5=10, 1d6+3+1d8=10)

"I am so TIRED of being surprised like this!" Phoenix yells at noone in particular. Summoning her mindblade with a thought, she swings her arm in an arc and releases to throw the blade at the creature. Her aim is off though and the blade whistles past without harm before dissolving.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Despite the danger, Lookspring is grinning ear to ear as the first tribesman goes down. He feels justified in his choice to avoid the front or back of the line. At last, a beast, thank the gods its not another dwarf! He draws two arrows from his quiver and sends them flying into the bear as it mauls the unlucky tribesman.

OOC -
Lookspring initiative (1d20+3=21)
Lookspring Rapid Shot (1d20+6=17, 1d20+6=12, 1d6+1=5, 1d6+1=2)
Also, forgot my favored enemy is animal, so if either hits (and its really a bear!) then its +2 dmg.

BigB

First Post
initiative order:
Lookspring
hunter2
hunter4
hunter1(leader)
hunter9
hunter11
hunter15
hunter14
Phoenix
hunter7
hunter13
hunter8
hunter5
hunter10
Bear
hunter3
hunter12

Everyone fires at the large bear doing great damage and leaving it near death in appearance at least, but a cornered animal can be dangerous!

Lookspring solid hit with one of 2 arrows doing 7pts damage
hunter2 misses with thrown spear
hunter4 misses with thrown spear
hunter1(leader) hit solidly with thrown spear
hunter9 misses with thrown spear
hunter11 solid hit with crossbow
hunter15 solid hit with crossbow
hunter14 misses with crossbow
Phoenix miss with thrown mindblade
hunter7 solid hit with crossbow
hunter13 miss with crossbow
hunter8 miss with crossbow
hunter5 hit with crossbow
hunter10 hit with crossbow

Bear staggering under the rain of spears, arrows and crossbow bolts looking as though it has been shredded the bear viciously attacks hunter7 (total37pts damage) with 2 claws and a bite tearing the native apart.

hunter3 solid hit with crossbow
hunter12 hit with crossbow

You hear more crashing coming through the jungle from the same direction the bear came from. The village lead warrior yells Watch the jungle whatever chased the bear into us comes!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix- F Elan Soulknife 3 (AC: 15, HP: 31/31, PP: 6/6)

"Frak! Take down that bear, while I get ready for whatever's chasing it!" Phoenix yells at the villagers who are soaked in the blood of their two fallen comrades. Feeling ashamed that the best help she can offer is yelling, she knows that whatever is coming must be worse and she has to get ready for it. Not moving a step, she devotes all her concentration to reforming her mindblade. Opening her eyes again, she looks towards the jungle to ready herself for whatever comes out of it..."Lookspring, you care if I drink this Strengthening potion? You can use the other one if you want to help you shoot better... Phoenix asks and offers.

OOC: Move action to reform mindblade. It's still got the psychic strike charged in it since I missed last time. If Lookspring okays it, then Phoenix will use the moment to drink the potion of Bull's Strength this round and up her Str by 4 after reforming her mindblade. Something tells me I'm gonna need the higher atk and dmg. Also Selc, do you want to say that we split up the healing potions too? If so, can Phoenix get the Cure Mod since she's more likely to be in melee with whatever? That would be 600gp value for Phoenix (Bull Str & Cure Mod) vs. 800gp value for Lookspring (Cure Light & Heroism). I'm not even worried about the 100gp difference in value if you aren't and that split is okay with you.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring grimaces. "Drink it! Just make sure you stand between me and THAT!" he says as he briefly points towards the jungle. He draws back his bow and sights down the length of his arrow. He lets another pair fly straight into the bears gaping maw.

OOC -
Lookspring Rapid Shot r2 (1d20+6=24, 1d20+6=23, 1d6+1=2, 1d6+1=6) forgot the +2 dmg per arrow again.
The split is fine with me, like you said, you're more likely to be on the receiving end of some nasty critter than me standing off in the back.

BigB

First Post
Strengthened Phoenix moves to position to intercept whatever comes through the trees. Out of the corner of her eye she can see the bear go down under Looksprings 2 arrows. The hunters turn to also greet the incoming threat. Attention turned back to the direction of the noise 5 large reptilian heads appear through the trees and a huge body becomes visible as more trees are knocked aside.

ooc:phoenix can act first as she is prepared for the beast to come, then we will follow initiative order. So Lookspring will be next.

Remove ads